Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Backfire at shutdown (Read 94 times)
TheSnakeLady

Thumpers Rule!!!

Central New York
Backfire at shutdown
05/06/11 at 15:14:04

Hey guys, I'm sure this has been posted somewhere but...  I can't seem to find it, all sorts of other backfires but not at shutdown.  I've got just about all the decel pops gone (and the few I do get just mean I've got a little more tweeking to go), however I CAN NOT seem to get rid of the giant BOOM at shutdown.  Over the winter we rejetted, threw on a cone air filter, and a jardine exhaust (along with some other projects), we even went to a 55 pilot but the darn thing still sounds like a shotgun goin off when I shut it down.  You should see the startled looks I get when I park next to someone and shut it off, it's actually really funny but equally embarrasing.  Any advice would be great, if I could get rid of that boom, I'd have the absolute perfect bike!  

Oh, and btw, the 55 pilot is a bleeder type.  I'm still running full white spacer (for the time being anyway), carb was completely tore down and cleaned while re jetting, did an oil change last month (with sea foam added), the gas is still from last year but it was winterized (besides, it's done this ever since I had the bike just not this loud - louder pipe, louder BOOM).  I love the rumble the jardine give the bike, just need to do something about the giant fart at shutdown.  

Thanks again,
TheSnakeLady Wink

My ride is a 2005 LS650, customized with ISO grips, cone air filter, stage 1 jets, Jardine exhaust, solo seat, AM turn sigs, and a catseye tail light. Next year, custom paint job (hopefully)!
  IP Logged
ALfromN.H.  FSO
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Dragon Slayer

Rochester, New Hampshire
Re: Backfire at shutdown
Reply #1 - 05/06/11 at 15:58:21

2006 Harley Electra Glide 2014-Present
2009 Suzuki C50 2010-2014
2005 Suzuki S40 2006-2013
camaro103060 camaro103060   IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #2 - 05/06/11 at 16:56:26

just go a little richer on the idle mixture screw till it poofs rather than POWS.

WWW   IP Logged
TheSnakeLady

Thumpers Rule!!!

Central New York
Reply #3 - 05/06/11 at 17:20:49

Thanks guys!!!

My ride is a 2005 LS650, customized with ISO grips, cone air filter, stage 1 jets, Jardine exhaust, solo seat, AM turn sigs, and a catseye tail light. Next year, custom paint job (hopefully)!
  IP Logged
Routy
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Winston Oregon
Reply #4 - 05/07/11 at 07:48:46

If I didn't have a big ole sneeze at shutdown, I'd take it strate to the shop because it would have to have a serious problem !

And the other morning I knew my bike had a serious problem,...it wasn't running all that great,.....and it had no backfire on decelleration,.........and sure enough, it did,...  the choke was still out 1 notch !!  I just hate when that happensRoll Eyes

Rich
'07 S40 Blvd stocker, except drilled OEM exhaust and white spacer mod...1/2 (.055)
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/17/24 at 05:03:33

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Backfire at shutdown

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.