Send Topic Print
Living in pennsylvania (Read 303 times)
MulletViper

Professional
Rivethead

Re: Living in pennsylvania
Reply #15 - 05/09/11 at 08:26:07

WD wrote on 05/08/11 at 21:48:58:
Should have said something man, I've got a twisted chrome version of that bar, factory made, still sporting CB or KZ siderails/mounts.

Too hot to ride here, it's been in the 80s, and with Beale Street being eaten by the Mississippi River, no point going to Memphis for the day. Graceland? Been there, boring.

Is that Vulcan a 1500A? Got a full rear fender rotting away in the shed if he wants to change up the look a touch. Cobra Boulevard new old stock fibergalss, front ears removed, Mustang bib, tombstone taillight. Modded to also fit an 800A.

I know, strap your wifey on the back and ride down. Good place to thaw out.

Its actually an 85 750. First year they made em I believe. I don't think he's looking to mod it at all. The thing still looks as perfect as when it came from the factory.

I plan on doing just that, tail of the dragon run sounds really good to me. Maybe I'll try and make myself a side car for the old (young  Wink ) lady

IP Logged
photojoe FSO
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

I did warn you to
brace yourself

New Jersey
Reply #16 - 05/09/11 at 08:34:16

I like Pennsylvania! Central/North Eastern Pa. has some of the finest MC roads in this part of the country. No helmet laws, strong 2nd Amendment beliefs. Really, outside of the weather, what's not to like? I go to a couple of outdoor shooting ranges in Pa. and really enjoy my time there. Got my NRA RSO Certification at Wicen's Shooting Range in Furlong. Course was 12 hours long and they even had a cannon! Very cool, and learned a lot.

I lived in Tannersville back in the mid 80's, but coming from NYC, I was probably too young to be in the woods.

FSO
  IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #17 - 05/09/11 at 08:47:59

I left Washington state the end of March, got snowed on the day we left. 7 days (less two hours) later rolled back to the farm, temps pushing 80 already. Haven't had time to properly reacclimate. I'd also forgotten that the air is thick enough here to pour into a glass, we're only at 281 feet elevation, I spent the last 7 years in the mountains.

What's a shooting range? I just walk down to the pond with the .22 rifle and a handful of hollowpoints. Can hit a swimming water mocassin at 100 feet or better away.

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
photojoe FSO
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

I did warn you to
brace yourself

New Jersey
Reply #18 - 05/09/11 at 09:01:13

WD wrote on 05/09/11 at 08:47:59:
What's a shooting range? I just walk down to the pond with the .22 rifle and a handful of hollowpoints. Can hit a swimming water mocassin at 100 feet or better away.

Eh eh eh, yeah I had it like that when I lived in Pa. Here in the Republic of NJ, the discharge laws in most towns, especially my area, are very strict. When we head to Pa. we say that we're going to visit the USA.

FSO
  IP Logged
scroop

Good grief, not
again!!!

western PA
Reply #19 - 05/09/11 at 13:41:36

You're a good man PhotoJoe.  God bless you, bro.

Ride free!
  IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #20 - 05/10/11 at 07:43:14

Knew I had a pic of it somewhere or other...

Chick stick is taller than the 15" rise bars...

No, I haven't final installed it yet. Looks kinda goofy since mine is a full fender solo seater.

On 2 wheels since 7/87

IP Logged
MulletViper

Professional
Rivethead

Reply #21 - 05/10/11 at 15:32:42

Thats one sweet ride WD. I really love that rear fender, whats it off of? Think I may have to find one similar

BTW, I love PA, I just hate the limited riding to half the months of the year. The law enforcement and judicial system here leaves a lot to be admired. Used to be one of those range shooters myself, not no more.

IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #22 - 05/10/11 at 15:40:42

FLH Shovelhead replica. My cost was $140, retail list is around $190. You will need to hit Custom Chrome, Jammer section or Jammer's Handbook for the front mount. 7" headlight bracket, the "hooked" looking one. Adapts sidemount lights to HD bottom triple tree. A couple M10 or M8 bolts will screw it to the bottom of the stock seat mount rails. Squeeze fender, install in front mount. Since i have a long tailpipe i used a reflector bracket off a VN800A as the rear fender mount, you'll need to buy/make a spacer for the pipe to mount.

Fender REQUIRES VS800/S50 rear shocks. Or the first speedbump you hit will wrinkle the fender tip. I have a plain chrome Pan/Shovel tip to cover the damage, too lazy to install it yet.

I've also got an ahnk (Coptic cross, common amongst naturists) sissy bar off a Shovelhead to adapt to Lisa's 800 Intruder. Neither the small rest for her or the giant chick stick cost me anything. Nice to have friends with vintage HDs...

Here's a clearer shot how it mounts. I hope...

Clearer side view... Still had Savage shocks.

On 2 wheels since 7/87

IP Logged
bluesrockdoc
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #23 - 05/11/11 at 04:20:30

It's been pretty wet n' dreary here in Pgh for entirely too long, But this week is going great!  Forecast for over 80 today and sunny, wife and i have plans to ride all day!!!

Dave

IP Logged
MulletViper

Professional
Rivethead

Reply #24 - 05/11/11 at 10:44:19

darn those fenders are expensive. Think I may try to find something at a swap meet or something. Sure looks good though.

Weather here is supposed to be high in the 70's all week. Its about time the winter/spring mess got cleared up. Got a lot of riding to do..

IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #25 - 05/11/11 at 19:37:18

I wish we had nice cool 70s here. Been pushing 90 for several days. It feels like "The Hamptons" in late summer. Mis-spent a lot of my youth on Long Island, visiting my grandparents and their relatives. Craziest bunch of old German potato farmers this side of the Rhine.  Grin

Yeah, nothing HD comes cheap, even taiwanese replica parts. Unfortunately even swap meet prices have gone through the roof. Since when is a fuel injected KZ1000R basketcase worth $5k... I blame the idiots who watch all the collector auctions on TV, and the even bigger idiots who buy into the "chopper" craze. F'n Discovery channel.  Angry

On 2 wheels since 7/87

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #26 - 05/12/11 at 12:26:56

WD, Im just not able to envision ME riding with those Apes,, but the look youve created with the bags & fenders & all that,, I like it.. If I had that bike, Id have to change the apes out,, but Id keep the rest, for sure,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #27 - 05/12/11 at 13:26:39

I'm actually going to run shorter bars here. At least ONE thing will have to be street legal... I'm leaning toward Knucklehead bars in 6 or 8 inch risers. San Juan PR or Honolulu style beach cruiser. Especially since it is getting a late 30s-mid-50s style paint job. I might have to buy some (gag) chrome for it though if I do that. Wednesday nights are "Bikes on Beale" in Memphis. Think French Quarter with 1000x less style, class, taste...

On 2 wheels since 7/87

IP Logged
kimchris1
Serious Thumper

Pink Posse Rider...

Belfair, Washington
Reply #28 - 05/12/11 at 19:54:16

Hey Jeff, is that "Pokey" in the pic? Nce looking
bike man. I love the rear fender. Heck I really
like the entire look of it. Great job you did
on it. Your sure to get many more happier
miles of riding where your at now. 90's oh
good lord, were still trying to get above 60
and stay for awhile. Jeeze crazy weather.
Sounds like your getting settled and actually
enjoying it. Glad to know you have room for
company. I may have to truck Genie over someday..
We could give her a whole new look..
Hi to Lisa and, nice to have you back on the forum.. Hugs, Smiley kim

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/17/24 at 22:57:57

General CategoryThe Cafe › Living in pennsylvania

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.