Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Rattlesnake Steals Bike. (Read 203 times)
Wolfman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

SW Missouri
Rattlesnake Steals Bike.
05/08/11 at 09:17:21

Possession IS 9/10ths of the Law...lol

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=682739

IP Logged
topgunz1
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Baton Rouge, LA
Re: Rattlesnake Steals Bike.
Reply #1 - 05/08/11 at 11:02:05

Never would have believed it without pics, that is crazy!

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #2 - 05/08/11 at 11:28:40

The scary one is the one you don't see... Huh...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Wolfman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

SW Missouri
Reply #3 - 05/08/11 at 23:55:57

I remember someone commenting about haveing a rattler strike at them as they rode over it and haveing its fangs get hung in their pants or chaps. Cant remember who, may of been over on the kawi board.

Next time you park along the road you might want to check your ride before you crawl back on for uninvited riders.....lol
I also liked the link that showed the snake on the guys helmet. Cheesy

IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #4 - 05/10/11 at 12:20:23

Was visiting my mother just last night and came out and found a black snake about 4 foot long in the middle of the parking lot!  Had come from the direction where my bike was parked.  This was in a fairly large apartment complex, a little wooded area behind, but very busy with people and pets.  A lady came out behind me with a dog and I warned her of it.  She said "oh, its just a little black snake".  Snake is a snake to me.  I'm not petrified of them, but don't press my luck with them either.  I'm just glad I didn't come out about 10 minutes earlier and it be under my bike or in the grass beside it, or worse yet, curled up on my bike!

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
kimchris1
Serious Thumper

Pink Posse Rider...

Belfair, Washington
Reply #5 - 05/10/11 at 18:17:31

Piglet, that would have made me cringe.
All I know is, if I ever come out and find
a snake on Genie, well she is going to have
to fend for herself.
Makes you think about one more danger their
could be in owning a bike.. kim

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #6 - 05/10/11 at 18:21:53

On the bright side,.. they can get in cars, too...  
I knew a guy had one get in his dashboard...

...is that a bright side?...  Huh...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #7 - 05/10/11 at 19:07:47

Serowbot wrote on 05/10/11 at 18:21:53:
On the bright side,.. they can get in cars, too...  
I knew a guy had one get in his dashboard...

...is that a bright side?...  Huh...

If you happen to have a very strong dislike for the guy,, yea,, thats a bright side..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Wolfman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

SW Missouri
Reply #8 - 05/11/11 at 00:37:24

Piglet, just think of snakes as BIG Worms with teeth.
Supposedly if you whistle to them it calms them. Watch Kungfu Hustle and you'll see what i mean. Grin

I dont mind em, kind of like em except for the ones with slitted eyes. Rattlesnakes, copperheads, cottonmouths ect. Not to crazy about pythons and anacondas either...lol

Got two copperheads in the yard last night about 15 inchs long each. Bit one of the dogs 4 times but me n the dog came out on top in the end...lol

IF you happen to have a dog get bit by a copperhead benadryl is what you want. Generic Diphenhydranine HCI works just as well. Allergy sinus meds...lol 1 milligram per pound of weight. Keeps the swelling down so they can breath and they dont get near as sick.
Rattlesnake or cottonmouth call the vet.

IP Logged
drharveys - FSO
Serious Thumper

Greetings from San
Luis del Norte!

St Louis MO
Reply #9 - 05/11/11 at 08:35:57

They like boats, too!  At least the area around the gas tank on mine.  It has a hinged lid, so the danged thing thought it would make a nice den -- or maybe it was trying to mate with the gas line!

Every difference of opinion is not a difference of principle. Thomas Jefferson

When I look fast, I'm not smooth and I am going slowly. And when I look slow, I am smooth and going fast. Alain Pros
  IP Logged
Wolfman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

SW Missouri
Reply #10 - 05/11/11 at 12:32:52

I live out in the toolies in the middle of the woods so theres no barefoot in the yard after dark. Boots only.
Me n the doggies get to play with a slithery at least once every week or two. Black snakes n such get a free pass n played with. Them bad tempered other ones usualy get an attitude adjustment...lol

Think ill go find me a worm snake and mail it to piglet, they make nice pets. Grin

IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #11 - 05/11/11 at 17:24:37

Gee thanks Wolfman!  What a friend!  Lol  I actually had one come through my doggie door not long ago. Thank goodness I paid attention to my dog's reaction because it slithered down the hallway into a closet.  Hubby wasn't home  so I called my neighbor to come get it.  Ended up being about a 5 footer. Ok I admit I may have screamed a little and jumped up on the hearth, but I wasn't really scared... Haha. I know some snakes are beneficial but I didn't want that particular one coming back in the house! So you can keep yours there to play with, thank you.  Smiley

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
Wolfman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

SW Missouri
Reply #12 - 05/12/11 at 01:42:10

I had a good one for you today BBH. Was'nt a good one for a pet though. Foul tempered water moccasin(fish snake, not a cotton mouth).

Was putting out some tomatoe plants and onion sets when i heard a baby rabbit squeaking. Turned around and see momma run up by one of the fruit trees in the orchard. Next thing i know i see her jump with a snake attached to her. Knew right away what was up and ran out to check.
About a 4 foot moccasin trying to make lunch out of her brood.
Corraled his arse and hauled him down into the field. He had already ingested at least one, maybe two. Tossed him off to go hunt elsewhere.
Brer rabbit still had 3 or 4 in her nest. Just dont know if a moccasins poison is strong enough to hurt a full grown rabbit. Ill have to watch and see if i see her tomorrow. Babies are to small to bottle feed if she dont come back though.
Funny thing is we were just talking about how to keep the rabbits out of the green bean plants. Could of taken care of a potential future problem by letting the snake eat. I just kinda hate the way snakes eat, especialy babies.

Mom on the other hand was VERY disapointed i didnt chop the snakes head off but hey, snakes got to eat to. They got their place in things. I interfeared as little as possible.
The baby rabbits would be easier to raise then the two baby coons i raised last summer though. Taste real good when they was grown too! Grin

IP Logged
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Reply #13 - 05/12/11 at 04:57:16

In '89 we had an exchange student from Germany stay with us for 3 months. He was a 17 year old boy who had never seen a snake. Apparently there are no snakes in Germany. We went to a friends cottage on Lake Huron, and I caught a 3' fat garter snake and went to show it to him. He freaked, jumped over the deck railing, and ran across the road. Wouldn't have anything to do with it. He was definitely  an urbanized youth. Grin

white '07, Raask exh, Corbin seat, slipstreamer shie, Raptor, Routy's fwd controls, Baron tach, Frisco bars, Isogrips, Headlight and taillight modulators, Dial-a- jet, AME 9 deg chop kit, K&N air flt
  IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #14 - 05/12/11 at 05:18:02

If he got him a little bunny or 2, don't you think he'll come back for more?  

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/18/24 at 00:17:43

General CategoryThe Cafe › Rattlesnake Steals Bike.

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.