Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 28
Send Topic Print
From Lien to Bobber to Cafe: RYCA Build (Read 18752 times)
RpNSht
Ex Member

Re: From Lien to Bobber to Cafe: RYCA Build
Reply #120 - 05/28/11 at 17:01:53

PROGRESS:
the first couple days of summer have turned out to be PARTY TIME EXCELLENT! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-CFIO-fCt8 yesterday i received a great opportunity concerning my career as an aesthetic practitioner. then i closed the day down partying with a great group of friends until sun-up the next day (today)....literally! yesterday i was able to squeeze a few hours of work in on the bike, which mostly consisted of cleaning any over spray on the parts i had powder coated. today i woke up without a hang over and knocked out a bunch of work on the bike and i even won a $100.00 bet. i guess you could say today (& yesterday) was a http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SonEj-ISo1o

moto-bench is slowly transmigrating into a motor-bike and i can already foresee this summer of RADNESS, racing from pool party to pool party in the california sun....POOL PARTY RACER- now there's an idea!

IP Logged
RpNSht
Ex Member

Reply #121 - 05/28/11 at 17:11:59

Gasket:
gaskets for motor side covers have been replaced. they were shot so i decided to replaced them with gaskets i found on ebay. fairly cheap as i recall. i found instructions to make diy gaskets here: http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1256595298/14#14
but i opted for the ones from ebay as i suffer from a sever disease of impatience mixed with shakey shakertan hand's. i included blue rtv around both sides of the gaskets to ensure a solid seal.

« Last Edit: 05/29/11 at 10:12:19 by wheelchairstuntn »  
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #122 - 05/29/11 at 08:39:45

Theres a shop I use that has a machine that cuts gaskets. Like a printer with a stylus. The slip a CD in & punch a few buttons &  it just spits them out. I paid 14 for the clutch cover. No shipping, no waiting. AND, My $$$ stays in the community.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
MotoBuddha
Serious Thumper

Let's roll!

Charlotte, NC
Reply #123 - 05/29/11 at 09:17:12

There are guys over on the ZRX forum (my other bike) who swear by applying lip balm to one side of engine cover gaskets so they release cleanly when you take the covers off again.

Travel kills ignorance.
  IP Logged
RpNSht
Ex Member

Reply #124 - 05/29/11 at 10:10:26

MotoBuddha wrote on 05/29/11 at 09:17:12:
There are guys over on the ZRX forum (my other bike) who swear by applying lip balm to one side of engine cover gaskets so they release cleanly when you take the covers off again.

have you tried this?

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #125 - 05/29/11 at 15:06:01

Wax,, a soft wax,,, only makes sense..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
MotoBuddha
Serious Thumper

Let's roll!

Charlotte, NC
Reply #126 - 05/29/11 at 16:18:23

wheelchairstuntn wrote on 05/29/11 at 10:10:26:
MotoBuddha wrote on 05/29/11 at 09:17:12:

have you tried this?

Yes. I did it with my ZRX engine covers. No leaks after about 5000 miles.

Travel kills ignorance.
  IP Logged
RpNSht
Ex Member

Reply #127 - 05/31/11 at 23:11:40

rats nest:
in order to strip out the horn from the headlight switch housing, i needed to pull the wiring apart. in doing so, i ended up with a rats nest. so, i decided to cut the wires, untangle the mess, reconnect the wires, wrapping them in shrink tube. it took more time than id care to admit but the end result looks great!

IP Logged
RpNSht
Ex Member

Reply #128 - 06/01/11 at 00:07:58

decompressor or downpressor man!: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4oD63-EJW5Y

ive notice a few threads http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1306103613 concerning the removal of the decompression solenoid. for those of us doing the cs-1 conversion this isnt a big concern as RYCA has designed a linkage system connecting the spring loaded exhaust shaft to a foot controller.

with my pops help, we took the challenge of coming up with a hand lever as decompression lever...

for inspiration:

the lever was turned down from brass in three parts: one part to connect to the exhaust lever; one to part act as the lever; and finally one piece to finish off the lever:

the lever screws onto the threading of the exhaust shaft. a spring clip is used to ensure the lever doesnt slip.

once the base of the hand lever is in place, the lever screws on and is ready for DOPENESS:

pops killed it BIG on the machining of this piece!!!

IP Logged
sbaugz
Ex Member

Reply #129 - 06/01/11 at 04:07:04

sweet! how much are you and pops selling those bad boys for? might be interested if the price is right.

IP Logged
MotoBuddha
Serious Thumper

Let's roll!

Charlotte, NC
Reply #130 - 06/01/11 at 04:47:26

Mount the lever 180 degrees the other way and you can activate it by lifting instead of reaching over it to push. Seems a little less awkward to me. Or, if there's enough clearance with the tank, rotate it 90 degrees counterclockwise and activate it by flipping it back.

The one advantage with the Ryca method is that you can start it in gear, holding the clutch in, flipping the decompression valve with your foot. With your system you need to be in neutral, or have a third hand.

Travel kills ignorance.
  IP Logged
RpNSht
Ex Member

Reply #131 - 06/01/11 at 09:51:09

MotoBuddha wrote on 06/01/11 at 04:47:26:
Mount the lever 180 degrees the other way and you can activate it by lifting instead of reaching over it to push. Seems a little less awkward to me. Or, if there's enough clearance with the tank, rotate it 90 degrees counterclockwise and activate it by flipping it back.

The one advantage with the Ryca method is that you can start it in gear, holding the clutch in, flipping the decompression valve with your foot. With your system you need to be in neutral, or have a third hand.

yeah there is room for adjustment. once the tank is on the hand lever will get dialed in.

im under the impression the decompresser valve needs to be closed before starting. when i saw the ryca bike start up the sequence ryan used was: foot pedal down, foot pedal released, starter button, varroooooom! if this be the case there wont be a need for the third hand. however after dealing with that rat's nest and rewiring the headlight switch housing i think i willed myself a third hand...soldering with only two really sucks!

IP Logged
RpNSht
Ex Member

Reply #132 - 06/01/11 at 09:51:25

sbaugz wrote on 06/01/11 at 04:07:04:
sweet! how much are you and pops selling those bad boys for? might be interested if the price is right.

let me get back to you

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #133 - 06/01/11 at 11:23:17

wheelchairstuntn wrote on 06/01/11 at 09:51:09:
im under the impression the decompresser valve needs to be closed before starting. when i saw the ryca bike start up the sequence ryan used was: foot pedal down, foot pedal released, starter button, varroooooom!

The likely hood of the piston holding pressure is low unless you've just tried to start it and stopped.  But also, unless the piston has stopped at the bottom of the compression stoke, you may not need to activate the lever at all.  Now bad thing is, you won't be able to operate this lever and the clutch too for push starting unless you make it operate with the right hand.

WWW   IP Logged
splash07
Serious Thumper

Charleston, SC
Reply #134 - 06/01/11 at 12:02:49

So in order to get this hand lever to work right one would need to deactivate the electrical switch that requires the clutch to be pulled in then always start the bike in neutral?

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 28
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/20/24 at 13:02:52

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › From Lien to Bobber to Cafe: RYCA Build

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.