Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 8
Send Topic Print
The Project: Phase 3 (Read 3025 times)
RpNSht
Ex Member

Re: The Project: Phase 3
Reply #15 - 05/07/11 at 14:24:24

MotoBuddha wrote on 05/07/11 at 14:17:52:
Cut off and/or ground down the unneeded tabs for the belt guards, etc. I'm still going to take a little off the left pivot for chain clearance.

Did you remove and fill the holes for the rear pegs?

IP Logged
sbaugz
Ex Member

Reply #16 - 05/08/11 at 04:25:51

http://www.aerostich.com/catalog/product/view/id/247?gclid=CPTgr4if2KgCFUhrKg...

buddha, i remember on your previous post that you were adding a second horn. You sshould check out the horn on the link above. Dubbed as the world's loudest motorcycle horn, this might do the trick.

IP Logged
MotoBuddha
Serious Thumper

Let's roll!

Charlotte, NC
Reply #17 - 05/09/11 at 08:44:38

wheelchairstuntn wrote on 05/07/11 at 14:24:24:
Cut off and/or ground down the unneeded tabs for the belt guards, etc. I'm still going to take a little off the left pivot for chain clearance.

I groundoff and filled in the left one but haven't touched the other because, at the time, I didn't know if it it's needed to anchor the looped around brake light cable. I need to find out.

Travel kills ignorance.
  IP Logged
MotoBuddha
Serious Thumper

Let's roll!

Charlotte, NC
Reply #18 - 05/09/11 at 08:49:13

sbaugz wrote on 05/08/11 at 04:25:51:
http://www.aerostich.com/catalog/product/view/id/247?gclid=CPTgr4if2KgCFUhrKg...

buddha, i remember on your previous post that you were adding a second horn. You sshould check out the horn on the link above. Dubbed as the world's loudest motorcycle horn, this might do the trick.

I've read about some reliability problems with those. It might have been only one production run or something. Meanwhile, my 2-horn setup has worked fine.

Travel kills ignorance.
  IP Logged
RpNSht
Ex Member

Reply #19 - 05/09/11 at 10:55:56

MotoBuddha wrote on 05/09/11 at 08:44:38:
wheelchairstuntn wrote on 05/07/11 at 14:24:24:

I groundoff and filled in the left one but haven't touched the other because, at the time, I didn't know if it it's needed to anchor the looped around brake light cable. I need to find out.

ya by the photos it looks like the right one is in use
what color are you painting your frame?

IP Logged
MotoBuddha
Serious Thumper

Let's roll!

Charlotte, NC
Reply #20 - 05/09/11 at 11:34:34

You'll just have to wait. I'm not 100% sure myself.

Travel kills ignorance.
  IP Logged
RpNSht
Ex Member

Reply #21 - 05/11/11 at 14:37:01

looks like the hole on the swing arm (right side) does get used

IP Logged
MotoBuddha
Serious Thumper

Let's roll!

Charlotte, NC
Reply #22 - 05/13/11 at 16:14:32

Another thread got me thinking about the fork lock. Since I'm having the frame powdercoated, the lock would just cause more trouble than it's worth to me. So I cut it off -- with the lock still in place. Not the fastest way, but viscerally gratifying.

Then I found a bolt that was almost exactly the same diameter as the lock hole. I cut the bolt, leaving about 1/4" of threads. Then I used some JB Weld to hold it in place and fill the lock slot.

Media blasting should cleanup things.

Travel kills ignorance.
  IP Logged
MotoBuddha
Serious Thumper

Let's roll!

Charlotte, NC
Reply #23 - 05/13/11 at 16:16:47

Earlier I mentioned grinding a bit off the top of the swingarm for chain clearance. Here it is.

Travel kills ignorance.
  IP Logged
MotoBuddha
Serious Thumper

Let's roll!

Charlotte, NC
Reply #24 - 05/14/11 at 10:18:25

Spent the morning with the pneumatic spinning thing and a ScotchBrite wheel cleaning 15 years of crud and corrosion from various nuts and bolts.

Travel kills ignorance.
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #25 - 05/14/11 at 11:51:02

There was a guy I knew, back in Odessa. He'd buy older cars that needed some TLC & hed drive them & buff them up some,, park them a while & do a few things, till he got them looking Juuust right,, then, he would invariably get drunk & crash them. The last one I saw him do, I went to hang out & I mentioned to him that he shouldnt fix this one up all the way,, & he said

Why Not>??

& I said

Cuz every time you get one all nice & spiffy lookin, you crash it..

& he said

Ohh, Im not gonna let that happen this time.

A week later, it was a crumpled up mess & he decided it was MY fault,, & he thot he was gonna come down & whup my butt,,, he calmed down a good bit when he saw my hand go into my back pocket, where I carried a Puma Game Warden,, In fact, he didnt even say G'bye, he just turned & went walkin back to his place,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
MotoBuddha
Serious Thumper

Let's roll!

Charlotte, NC
Reply #26 - 05/14/11 at 13:42:06

I drink maybe a couple of beers a week, so if I crash this, it won't be because I was drunk.

Travel kills ignorance.
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #27 - 05/14/11 at 14:01:44

Ouch~! Sorry if I left that as even a [possible,, First, I Dont expect you to crash it, ever,

& B

Im sure no one here is goofy enough to ride drunk,,

I was just looking at all the TLC youre dumping into that project & I just remembered thaat guy..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
MotoBuddha
Serious Thumper

Let's roll!

Charlotte, NC
Reply #28 - 05/14/11 at 14:25:39

Crashing is always a possibility.

Travel kills ignorance.
  IP Logged
RpNSht
Ex Member

Reply #29 - 05/14/11 at 15:03:14

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 05/14/11 at 11:51:02:
There was a guy I knew, back in Odessa. He'd buy older cars that needed some TLC & hed drive them & buff them up some,, park them a while & do a few things, till he got them looking Juuust right,, then, he would invariably get drunk & crash them. The last one I saw him do, I went to hang out & I mentioned to him that he shouldnt fix this one up all the way,, & he said

Why Not>??

& I said

Cuz every time you get one all nice & spiffy lookin, you crash it..

& he said

Ohh, Im not gonna let that happen this time.

A week later, it was a crumpled up mess & he decided it was MY fault,, & he thot he was gonna come down & whup my butt,,, he calmed down a good bit when he saw my hand go into my back pocket, where I carried a Puma Game Warden,, In fact, he didnt even say G'bye, he just turned & went walkin back to his place,

this is what i carry http://www.thebladeshop.com/Benchmade_Mini_Stryker_9500SBK_Auto_p/bm9500sbk.htm

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 8
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/13/24 at 23:52:18

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › The Project: Phase 3

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.