Send Topic Print
I Quit! (Read 346 times)
Yonuh Adisi FSO
Serious Thumper

Savage Jedi (Knight)

Pilot Valley NV, aka Tatooine
Re: I Quit!
Reply #15 - 04/22/11 at 14:19:56

I don't have the alcohol automatically means cigarette problem because I don't drink alcohol. However I do have the wanting a smoke after a good meal problem.

I may have a little less stress shortly though, it appears I may have a job at Walmart. It ain't much of a job but its better than what I got now which is nothing. Had the interviews today and I go back on Monday for a couple of other things. Now if I only had a running vehicle. (was stupid and forgot to keep a close eye on the oil pressure in the van and spun a couple of bearings, luckily I can rebuild the engine for less than 200 bucks)

Check out Flight of Destiny http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00H9130XC
  IP Logged
prechermike
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Kalashna Kitty, from
Skat

Ponzer, NC
Reply #16 - 04/22/11 at 15:29:21

Cool Justin.  I am proud of you,

2006, HD pipe, Tkat fork brace, elkhide handgrips, gel seat w/riser, silverblue, Ed L's forward controls, Wristwatch, biblethumper650@gmail.com
prechermike   IP Logged
BuckRYCA

New London, CT, USA
Reply #17 - 04/22/11 at 16:28:59

I am proud of you. Please stick with it. My old man died an early death because of his smoking habit. He acquired it in the US Navy during WWII. Big Tobacco was passing out free cigarettes to the troops. How patriotic! He became a three-pack-a-day addict and died an early and bad death. My siblings and I have suffered from all sorts of asthma and lung and bronchial and sinus related problems - second-hand smoke, coincidental?

'96 Savage - now a Ryca CS-1
WWW BuckRYCA BuckRYCA   IP Logged
Ed L.
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

"We All go a
Little Crazy
Sometimes"
Norman Bates

Sunny Florida
Reply #18 - 04/22/11 at 16:55:26

Way to go JOG, been smoke free for 30 years after a 2 pack a day habit. After the first week you have it beat except for the mental addiction of wanting something to do with your hands every few minutes. The hardest part for me was about six weeks after quiting, man did I want a butt. Take it one day at a time.

Silver '02, clubman handle bars, Cobra headlight, Sportster muffler, K+N stock air filter, 152.5 main, Superbrace, oil cooler, 1/2 inch aluminium plate forward controls, spark advance, goes like stink
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #19 - 04/22/11 at 21:26:04

O-Yea

The craving does't go away but dealing with it gets eassier !  

LIVE LONG AND HEALTHY  ,   LIFE IS GOOD !

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
Stimpy - FSO
Serious Thumper

SuzukisSavage Int'l
Division

Germany - formerly SD, SoCal
Reply #20 - 04/23/11 at 02:52:27

Congrats!!   Cool

1 Year and 1/2 here too, just like mick, I quit cold turkey
and worked fine for me, no biggie, big lifestyle change...

health-wise the noticeable changes come after the first 90
days and then after about a year, if you learn to breathe
right you will NEVER get tired anymore on hikes, manual
labor or while doing sports, it's amazing!

Recently sold 97'savage (change of residence) - looking to buy another - just bought a temp, a great SR125 called 'methadone'
WWW Stimpy - FSO   IP Logged
Stimpy - FSO
Serious Thumper

SuzukisSavage Int'l
Division

Germany - formerly SD, SoCal
Reply #21 - 04/23/11 at 02:59:49

Oh, there is a cheat in case you are really really serious about
never ever smoking again, it goes like this:

some ppl keep a little gerber jar with ash and a couple of used
cigarette butts in it and whenever they feel like smoking
(or in the morning) they open it up and smell it, that's it.

Trust me it works, I did that like only twice and made me
nauseous and killed my desire for a zig instantly, pretty gross.

Recently sold 97'savage (change of residence) - looking to buy another - just bought a temp, a great SR125 called 'methadone'
WWW Stimpy - FSO   IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #22 - 04/23/11 at 03:42:25

So far, Im not seeing any increase in stamina, but, in my case, I understand that. I am able to smell things a bit better.
FWIW, I wasnt ever a heavy smoker, even back in the Marlboro days I dont think I ever had more than 30 a day, but in the last few ears Iv been rolling my own & I wasn smoking more than 12 or 15 on a Big Day, & those Id wind up only smoking about 1/2 of, cuz they get wet & Id bite them off.

dysphoric  , thats what cigs are.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Boofer
Serious Thumper

Nearly too old.

N Ms
Reply #23 - 04/23/11 at 18:37:23

Good for you. Boofer

2001 Black, Spitfire windshield, Headlight upgrade, Sissy rack, Tool bag, Fork bag, Harley muffler, Memory foam seat, Crash bars. Hwy pegs, Raptor.
  IP Logged
Skid Mark
Serious Thumper

FSO

Calgary, Alberta
Reply #24 - 04/23/11 at 19:28:03

Way to go guys. I quit almost 20 years ago. It wasn't easy. I found after 3 months it got way easier. Hang in there. It's worth it!!!!!

2008 S40 , Windshield, Sigma Cycle Computer, after market backrest & luggage rack, Tkat Fork Brace, saddlebags, 12v power supply, Garmin GPS
'09 C50SE, '09 C90
Shoulda got into this years ago
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #25 - 04/23/11 at 20:32:10

I quit the Chemistry Sets some years back. Went back to them, but I did stop for 2 years. During that 2 years, no matter where  I went, I wanted a smoke. When I saw someone light one, no matter how far away they were, Id Breathe it In for them,, this time is nothing like that..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
mick
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Hell-bound

Dayton Oregon
Reply #26 - 04/23/11 at 20:43:21

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 04/23/11 at 20:32:10:
I quit the Chemistry Sets some years back. Went back to them, but I did stop for 2 years. During that 2 years, no matter where  I went, I wanted a smoke. When I saw someone light one, no matter how far away they were, Id Breathe it In for them,, this time is nothing like that..

Justin what ever you do,do not go out for drinks with freinds.That could ruin your whole day.

Science and Logic fly you to the moon,
Religion makes you fly into skyscrapers
mickrowe37   IP Logged
thumperclone
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

PGR rider  riding
with respect

Grand Junction Colorado
Reply #27 - 04/23/11 at 21:06:10

mick wrote on 04/23/11 at 20:43:21:
justin_o_guy2 wrote on 04/23/11 at 20:32:10:

Justin what ever you do,do not go out for drinks with freinds.That could ruin your whole day.

all our bars are smoke free now...

J    try breathin thru a cocktail straw

standing for those who stood for US

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #28 - 04/24/11 at 01:27:50

Ive stood right by guys smoking their cigs & it just isnt bothering me much at all.. Im not finding myself obsessing over wanting one. I was buying about 4 ounces of tobacco & that was lasting me about  10 days/2 weeks, so I wasnt just running thru the stuff. I really think Im gonna make it this time!
That whole drinking/smoking thing was what got me last time, Its been the undoing of many a "quitter".

IP Logged
Trippah
Serious Thumper

I ride, therefore I
am.

central Mass
Reply #29 - 04/24/11 at 20:26:41

It is a hard battle but sooo worth it; besides, having your daughter and grandchild around is a lot more fun.

You will be able to smell and taste food so much better.  I found I get more colds since quitting; not sure if tobacco and the heat kill off a lot of the cold germs or my immune system is getting weaker with age.  Still, the tradeoff is great.   Stick with it JOG.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/17/24 at 17:10:20

General CategoryThe Cafe › I Quit!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.