Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Serowbot's complete video guide... (Read 106 times)
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Serowbot's complete video guide...
04/28/11 at 01:04:37

Huh...  Lots o' shots!...  ... of rides... ... on a Savage, of course... Huh...

I like playing with video...  So if you're down, sometime...
Have a watch of a few,... virtual rides...
Wink...
Click here...Serowbot's complete video playlist...

Serowbot wrote on 04/28/11 at 11:26:45:
Some info on making videos

I shoot with a GoPro helmet cam (not the HD model) mounted on my helmet (looks dorky as all get-out)... but shoots smoothest when mounted to the helmet rather than the bike... (less vibrations and bumpiness)..
I use a Fuji j150 point-n'-shoot still camera, hand held to get cutaways... (this requires riding one handed for a bit... so, I only do it for a couple of miles)(Warning!, this is not a safe practice, use extreme caution...that said,.. I have the wrist strap around my wrist, so that I can drop the camera, and grab the bars at any time)...
Then,... I sometimes mount the Fuji to my riding buddy George's bike with a homemade tripod clamp, either pointing forward on the bars, or back on the rear fender rack...to get follow shots...
... and George also stops, and gets the shots of me driving by at different spots if we have time... (I have very patient, tolerant,  friends)...  
...the GoPro camera is on permanent loan from Jerry... (generous friends too!)...
Anyway... the shooting can make an old road seem new again, with stopping, and rearranging cameras, and thinking about what it's going to look like...  So it's kinda' fun...

I edit on my PC with the Windows Moviemaker program that comes included in XP,...  it's nothing fancy, but gets the job done just dandy...
I don't need anything more complex than that, 'cause I'm not going to put that much time into the edit anyway...
I edited this latest video in one evening... just spent a few hours in front of my PC instead of staring at the boob-tube...
My best advice for saving the finished video (I'm still learning), is to choose to save the movie to your computer,... choose "other settings"...and select, "high quality video (large)" from the dropdown menu...
...(this seems to give the best quality image,... and You-Tube is going to squash that file down when you upload,... they seem to do an excellent job of retaining a good image, considering the compression)...

Best of luck shooting, ride safe, and have fun...
Look forward to seeing the videos...
Wink...

Quote:
I also have a mini keychain camera model 808...  They are cheap as all getout... $1.99 + shipping + mini sd card =$15.00
This video was shot entirely with the mini 808... the quality is not bad,... aiming it is a booger...
See that video here... not the greatest video, but you can see the camera's potential...
http://www.youtube.com/user/serowbot?feature=chclk#p/u/5/-R00BjGoe48

GoPro helmet cam..

Fuji j150...

808 mini keychain camera...

PS... Double-click on any video embedded on the SS.com site, and you will go to the youtube site, where you can view then larger...

« Last Edit: 08/14/11 at 13:19:29 by Serowbot »  

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Re: Serowbot's complete video playlist...
Reply #1 - 04/28/11 at 04:48:47

I have a Hero HD mini camera that I haven't used yet, and am interested in making riding movies. Hiow do you mount the camera to the bike or yourself, other than the helmet mount? And which editing program do you use?

« Last Edit: 04/28/11 at 06:38:26 by arteacher »  

white '07, Raask exh, Corbin seat, slipstreamer shie, Raptor, Routy's fwd controls, Baron tach, Frisco bars, Isogrips, Headlight and taillight modulators, Dial-a- jet, AME 9 deg chop kit, K&N air flt
  IP Logged
KristenAnn

Crashing Sucks!!

Westfield, Mass
Re: Serowbot's complete video playlist...
Reply #2 - 04/28/11 at 08:51:01

I am so jealous of you long open roads. I live in the hills of western mass and dont have the long open roads like you do.

kfink@aol.com kfink@aol.com   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
06/24/24 at 05:44:03

General CategoryThe Cafe › Serowbot's complete video guide...

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.