Send Topic Print
Direct Fit Exhaust? (Read 198 times)
Smokestack

The Devil made me do
it!

The Hammer, Canada
Direct Fit Exhaust?
04/17/11 at 15:54:07

Okay, so in looking around and searching both this site and others, it seems like there aren't too many direct replacement exhaust systems fo the Savage / S40.  I thought it might be good to put a list together that has all of them in one place, as well as letting me know what I've missed so's I can look 'em up!  The list I have so far is;

-Raask.  Makes a full system with header and drag pipe.

-Supertrapp.  Makes a tunable slip-on muffler.

-Jardine. Makes a non-tunable slip-on muffler.

-Leo Vince / Silvertail.  Makes a slip-on muffler (tunable?) with several different ends.

-Blue Collar Bobbers.  Makes a slip-on Drag pipe.

That's it so far.  I'm willing to expand my definition of "direct fit" to include systems that can be made to work well with simple mods like adding a washer or a longer bolt or the like, but not anything that requires serious fab or welding tools and skillz.

So, what have I missed, folks?  And thanks for the help!  Smiley

Yup, I done some stuff......
  IP Logged
BrettKeiselsbeard

2007 S-40, 2003
GZ250

Sebastian Fl
Re: Direct Fit Exhaust?
Reply #1 - 04/17/11 at 15:57:35

A Harley Dyna will fit with just a "liitle modding". Plus they are easy to find and even better...cheap, cheap cheap, I got mine for 10 bucks.   Grin

Oh yeah, check out the tech section under Harley muffler guide by verslagen....very good stuff, with pictures even.

2007 2/3 spacer, 150 main, 55 pilot, dyna muffler, K&N box, cateye tail, mustang fender bib, GZ250 seat.
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #2 - 04/17/11 at 16:17:46

BrettKeiselsbeard wrote on 04/17/11 at 15:57:35:
A Harley Dyna will fit with just a "liitle modding". Plus they are easy to find and even better...cheap, cheap cheap, I got mine for 10 bucks.   Grin

Oh yeah, check out the tech section under Harley muffler guide by verslagen....very good stuff, with pictures even.

you mean serowbot...

http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1298689417

WWW   IP Logged
Smokestack

The Devil made me do
it!

The Hammer, Canada
Reply #3 - 04/17/11 at 16:30:43

BrettKeiselsbeard wrote on 04/17/11 at 15:57:35:

Heh.  I actually knew that, and totally forgot about it!  Man, those youthfully exuberant years of polluting my brain have finally caught up with me!  Grin

Here's a question though; does that mean that the aftermarket stuff designed for the Dyna's have the same mount styles?  Like all the Vance and Hines, Cobras, etc...?  If so, that open up a lot of avenues for the humble Savage!

Yup, I done some stuff......
  IP Logged
BrettKeiselsbeard

2007 S-40, 2003
GZ250

Sebastian Fl
Reply #4 - 04/17/11 at 16:32:51

Yes, Sorry serowbot.    Embarrassed

2007 2/3 spacer, 150 main, 55 pilot, dyna muffler, K&N box, cateye tail, mustang fender bib, GZ250 seat.
  IP Logged
Paladin.
Serious Thumper

Hamster

Sunny Southern California
Reply #5 - 04/17/11 at 16:56:29

WWW   IP Logged
mpnoffi

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Memphis
Reply #6 - 04/18/11 at 16:53:16

There is a local shop here in Memphis, TN called Hustler Machine that is making me a stainless "high pipe"  header tube to go with my 17" Emgo shorty reverse cone.  The cost...fabbed and mounted with the muffler...3 hundy.  I don't think that's too far out.  I've seen plenty of full exhaust systems upward of $600.  Here is what it is being patterned after...

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/23/24 at 20:27:49

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Direct Fit Exhaust?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.