Send Topic Print
Accessories (Read 339 times)
kimchris1
Serious Thumper

Pink Posse Rider...

Belfair, Washington
Re: Accessories
Reply #15 - 04/07/11 at 17:09:00

My helmet supports blue tooth for the cell phone.
I however will not use it. My cell stays either in my
pocket or saddle bags. If someone needs to reach
me, they can leave a voice message.
I like that coffee cup idea though. Would fit nicely
in my saddle bags as well.. Smiley kim

IP Logged
JohnBoy
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #16 - 04/08/11 at 12:39:35

I keep my cell in my hip pocket. With the noise and vibration of these little thumpers I never know I was called till I stop and turn off the bike.
You don't need a cup holder! You need a hip flask!

IP Logged
Russ130

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #17 - 04/08/11 at 16:30:46

No actually I need a cup holder so I can buy a coffee on my way to work. Cell phone thingy I can probably do without but going all day without coffee just because I brought the bike to work is uncalled for. lol

IP Logged
Russ130

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #18 - 04/08/11 at 18:42:08

All set on the cup holder I got a thermos instead.

IP Logged
ALfromN.H.  FSO
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Dragon Slayer

Rochester, New Hampshire
Reply #19 - 04/08/11 at 19:11:51

Russ130 wrote on 04/08/11 at 18:42:08:
All set on the cup holder I got a thermos instead.

Same here. Thermos in the saddle bag. I strapped it to the backrest before I had bags.

AL

2006 Harley Electra Glide 2014-Present
2009 Suzuki C50 2010-2014
2005 Suzuki S40 2006-2013
camaro103060 camaro103060   IP Logged
Boofer
Serious Thumper

Nearly too old.

N Ms
Reply #20 - 04/10/11 at 18:20:13

JC Whitney, Iron Pony, and Dennis Kirk all offer dedicated holders, while K Mart and Wal Mart offer cell holders that can be adapted. As for the phone itself my wife says it's for her convenience; not yours. Leave a message if it's that important.  Smiley

2001 Black, Spitfire windshield, Headlight upgrade, Sissy rack, Tool bag, Fork bag, Harley muffler, Memory foam seat, Crash bars. Hwy pegs, Raptor.
  IP Logged
mick
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Hell-bound

Dayton Oregon
Reply #21 - 04/11/11 at 14:24:58

Russ130 wrote on 04/08/11 at 16:30:46:
No actually I need a cup holder so I can buy a coffee on my way to work. Cell phone thingy I can probably do without but going all day without coffee just because I brought the bike to work is uncalled for. lol

you cant get coffee at work ?  don't you get a roach coach come by ?
how about a coffee machine.

Science and Logic fly you to the moon,
Religion makes you fly into skyscrapers
mickrowe37   IP Logged
John_D FSO
Serious Thumper

Ridin' and smilin'

Vancouver, WA
Reply #22 - 04/11/11 at 20:06:19

I don't drink coffee personally, but you can get those little thermos bottles pretty cheap these days.  Heck, I got one free just for signing up for a Costco credit card (didn't get it, just as well Roll Eyes)  

What I like to do in the summer is freeze a pop bottle full of water ahead of time, then throw a couple pairs of old (clean!!!) socks over it for insulation and to keep it from sweating all over, and throw it in my saddlebag.  Presto, you've got ice cold water all afternoon long! Cheesy

As far as cellphones, I gave in a got a Tracphone years ago for emergencies, probably costs me $10 a month since I never use it.  Hardly ever turn it on even, and it rides in my coat pocket if I remember it.  Finally had to tell my boss to quit calling it if he wants to contact me, I only turn it on once every 3 weeks or so to check for messages. Grin

'07 ElectraGlide.
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #23 - 04/11/11 at 20:27:35

Just egg zaklee HOW in the everlovin HE double Hockey Stix do you expect to drink ANYthing while wearing that full coverage helmet youll be wearing??? Huhh??

You Have seen the graph shoing the %age of head injuries & where on the head the strikes occur? The %age are broken down by section of the head. The left & igh side of the chin take  large %age of the impacts.
Ive totaled 3 bikes, the first 2, no helmet, ,crash, helmet wouldve paralyzed or killed me, second, woulna mattered,, I didnt hit my head, at all, 3rd, I slammed face first into the back side of the drivers side cab corner on a mall pikkupp,, full coverage helmet meant I still had a face & only neede 2 stitches in my lip. The helmet strap dug into my throat so hard I had trouble swallowing for almost 3 weeks,,

So,, when it comes to helmets, theres SOME room for debate,, but, having seen it from the events Ive survived, I wont ride without one & its Gonna be chin protecting. IMO, odd are that in a crash, the head is taking a hit, & odds are, Ill be Much Better off wearing a helmet,, so I wear a flip front approximately $150.00 hat..

Like Popeye said

Ya pays yer money & ya takes yer chances..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/03/24 at 12:09:29

General CategoryThe Cafe › Accessories

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.