Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Accessories (Read 339 times)
Russ130

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Accessories
04/06/11 at 18:35:28

The only accessories I'm interested in nat the moment are a cup holder and some way to hold my cell phone so I can see the caller id. Anybody know of anything that will work on the Savage. I want the cup holder for coffee from Dunkin Donuts or similiar soft cups.

IP Logged
Paladin.
Serious Thumper

Hamster

Sunny Southern California
Re: Accessories
Reply #1 - 04/06/11 at 19:30:34

WWW   IP Logged
Paladin.
Serious Thumper

Hamster

Sunny Southern California
Reply #2 - 04/06/11 at 20:03:29

WWW   IP Logged
Southpaw
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

This ol' dog ain't
staying on the
porch!

Missouri
Reply #3 - 04/06/11 at 21:00:50

For a cell phone holder, do you have buckhorns or drag bars? I could see a universal case mounted pretty easily using the left mirror hardware and a makeshift bracket, or in my case, the quick detach mount of my windshield. Both would stand the phone up enough to read without taking your eyes too far off the road. It would have to be an awful important call to interupt a good ride anyway right?  Wink

2004 Savage. Happiness isn't around the corner, its IN the corners!....I gotta question the integrity of any organization that would have the likes of me as a member...Groucho Marx
  IP Logged
mick
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Hell-bound

Dayton Oregon
Reply #4 - 04/06/11 at 21:45:07

Jeese why not just take the car.
next you will want somewhere to put the TV.

Science and Logic fly you to the moon,
Religion makes you fly into skyscrapers
mickrowe37   IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #5 - 04/07/11 at 02:44:46

I remember people NOT being in constant contact. It was rarely fatal. I dont have a cell phone of my own, but I Do sometimes haul one on errand runs, so I can see if anyone needs anything before I go home..but Im not answering & driving..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
TheFid

WE Come Unclean.

U.K.  Morecambe
Reply #6 - 04/07/11 at 02:50:36

If my mobile rings when im riding i ignore it, because it would entail stopping and removing my helmet to answere.

Take it easy.but TAKE IT.
Man does not cease to ride because he gets old,Man gets old because he ceases to RIDE.
  IP Logged
kel30734

Dragon Rider

Calhoun, GA
Reply #7 - 04/07/11 at 05:41:06

My Cell stays on Pleasure mode in my front pocket while riding.

WWW kel30755   IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #8 - 04/07/11 at 05:44:33

My stays in my pants pocket and I just let it vibrate. Cool

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
weracerc
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Greensboro, NC
Reply #9 - 04/07/11 at 06:06:40

my cell phone (work issued or i wouldnt have one!) rides in the saddle bag - out of site, mind and ear-shot.......have had several people say why dont you ever answer your phone......because i am riding and i cant do both at the same time - i check it when i get where i am going and call back......i hate a cell phone! but would also like to have a cup holder for the mcd $1 value tea.

"GOD Was Busy, He Sent The Marines"
</div
  IP Logged
splash07
Serious Thumper

Charleston, SC
Reply #10 - 04/07/11 at 07:00:19

I used to try and wear a headset when I ride so I can answer calls and ride without letting my hands off the bars, but I could never really hear anyone all that well and with the short 100 mile range of these bikes I can call people back when I have to stop for gas. Even the cup holder seems like a luxury best left to the cagers

IP Logged
EJID
Serious Thumper

Work to ride and
ride to work.

Pocatello, ID
Reply #11 - 04/07/11 at 07:41:26

I've got one of these Contigo travel mugs from Costco that I like to fill w/coffee before I head out in the morning. Toss it in the saddlebag and ride for an hour or so, when you stop for a break you pull out the mug and the coffee is still HOT. And they haven't spilled a drop in the bags yet.

http://www.amazon.com/Contigo-Double-Vacuum-Insulated-Travel/dp/B002ALIR4S

05 S40 15" Memphis Slim, FXDWG Bars, Moved Rear Signals, Saddlebags, Fork Bag, Mini-Tach, Raptor, Cone Filter, Fishtail Muffler, Mix Screw Out 2.5 Turns, 4" Fwd Controls, 147.5 Main/55 Pilot @ 4500
  IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #12 - 04/07/11 at 09:12:46

EJID wrote on 04/07/11 at 07:41:26:
I've got one of these Contigo travel mugs from Costco that I like to fill w/coffee before I head out in the morning. Toss it in the saddlebag and ride for an hour or so, when you stop for a break you pull out the mug and the coffee is still HOT. And they haven't spilled a drop in the bags yet.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41kXrwZNyFL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/Contigo-Double-Vacuum-Insulated-Travel/dp/B002ALIR4S

My son bought my husband one of those mugs for Christmas and he absolutely loves it.  Better than any other mug out there, hands down!  He'll carry a cup of coffee back to bed on a lazy Saturday morning and drop it on the bed, just to scare the crap outta me.  Still gets me almost every time (unless I think ahead)
Thanks for pointing out carrying on the bike.  Might not have thought of that but I have no doubt it will hold.  By the way, he already dropped it and cracked the lid, but they sell replacement lid alone for $7 each.  I ordered 2!

As far as phones on the bike, mine links by bluetooth to my Scala rider headset, so the phone goes in the fanny pack on my sissy bar.  I can't see who's calling, but I can answer if I feel like it.  I don't go anywhere without my phone!  I can hear and they can hear me just fine, no matter how fast I'm riding.

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
Driller

Really
"Zooked"
up

Tryon, NC
Reply #13 - 04/07/11 at 10:40:21

Put that phone on a Garmin mount hanging out towards you Roll Eyes, wear "booger picker" gloves and you can text, Baby!

O.F.R.A.T. Old F##t Riding Any Time
  IP Logged
weracerc
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Greensboro, NC
Reply #14 - 04/07/11 at 12:15:54

I am not allowed to go anywhere without my phone - but there are few situations that just are not conducive to answering the phone - potty, cycle, horizontal mamba......otherwise i answer unless i dont know who it is.

"GOD Was Busy, He Sent The Marines"
</div
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/03/24 at 15:02:25

General CategoryThe Cafe › Accessories

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.