Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Ryca CS-1 Shorter Brake Line Installation (Read 211 times)
caseyLA

Los Angeles
Ryca CS-1 Shorter Brake Line Installation
03/30/11 at 15:31:30

David Finn from Illinois has installed a shorter brake line for his Ryca CS-1 project. Although the stock S40/Savage brake line can be used, after the front end is lowered, there is extra cable length. Here's Dave's instructions for a new, improved, front brake cable option:

"30.5 inch brakeline works perfectly purchased for $60 from CycleBrakes.com,  brand name Galfner.  A SS braided line with an overlay of black cover.  The only issue is to make the stock clamps work, because the rubber sleeves and clamp grommets are molded in place on the stock line.  I used inner tube rubber and cement to roll a sleeve the right diameter and drilled the bottom clamp for a cable tie.   I drilled and filed the upper clamp to use a miniature SS hose clamp and used a split plastic sleeve made from a sharpie pen cover where the band tightened around the upper clamp.  There is just enough "S" curve with the fork extended to allow the line to bend between the two clamps when the forks compresses.    Most important is the master cyl end has a 20 degree bend while the caliper end is straight.   I would not change the length, there are no rubs on the routing."

Thanks Dave!

IP Logged
sbaugz
Ex Member

Re: Ryca CS-1 Shorter Brake Line Installation
Reply #1 - 04/01/11 at 04:48:11

I purchased my custom line on ebay for $32. I am happy with quality of components. Just do a search under ls650 brake line. Mine was purchased from elite cycle.

Mine was slightly different than the above and it works fine as well. I used 32.5" with a straight banjo fitting on the caliper and a 90 degree banjo fitting on the master cylinder. It comes up and over the top of the headlight to the master cylinder.

« Last Edit: 04/01/11 at 18:30:34 by sbaugz »  
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/17/24 at 01:32:26

General CategoryTechnical Documents/Reference › Ryca CS-1 Shorter Brake Line Installation

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.