Send Topic Print
Missed ya ! (Read 590 times)
skatnbnc
Serious Thumper

Spinning Pink

New Bern NC
Re: Missed ya !
Reply #15 - 02/24/11 at 17:25:41

thanks everyone - its good to be back. I missed everyones Cafe comments, ride news, mods and advice; just peeked in occassionally in January in between doctor visits and tests.

what i've got happens to be very rare - 1% of BC's are this type, lucky me.  its called Inflammatory breast cancer. I had a clear mammogram in August, and by Dec had a Stage III aggressive cancer going on.

currently in chemo, then surgery, then chemo and radiation. different protocol than 'normal' BC due to the invasive aggressive nature of it.
icky but necessary or my riding time would get cut to full stop real fast.  Tongue

it has been nice to get out and ride on the couple of really nice days we have had in between our crazy snow and cold. I am happy to be in NC instead of even 100 miles further north right now!  Smiley

2006 LS650, HD pipe, Tkat fork brace, elkhide handgrips, badge-free zone, gel seat w/riser, silverblue, the one in FRONT of you, flying the Kings Colours
  IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #16 - 02/25/11 at 05:49:40

Great to see you back!  Been wondering where you've been!  Sorry to hear of your issues, but thanks for reminding me my mammogram is overdue.  My mother is a 5+ year survivor, so I have faith that you will triumph too.  

Best of luck with everything!  Keep us posted when you feel up to it.  We've been known to be good "therapy"!

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
Reply #17 - 02/25/11 at 07:45:57

My mother went through it a couple of years ago and she's doing fine. She's in her mid 70's. Attitude means a lot, you seem to have a great one. Best wishes and best of luck to you.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"
  IP Logged
Southpaw
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

This ol' dog ain't
staying on the
porch!

Missouri
Reply #18 - 02/25/11 at 08:45:11

Best wishes and prayers for you. Keep your spirits up and by all means keep up the two wheeled therapy as you can! Attitude is EVERYTHING!!! Keep us posted on how you are doing and welcome back!
 I have several close friends who are in the 5 years free stage. They keep a wonderful attitude and meet every year in the fall with a survivor group to ride convertibles through the wineries here to raise money and awareness. I'm hoping, praying and donating to research, for the day when this will be a disease of the past!

2004 Savage. Happiness isn't around the corner, its IN the corners!....I gotta question the integrity of any organization that would have the likes of me as a member...Groucho Marx
  IP Logged
drharveys - FSO
Serious Thumper

Greetings from San
Luis del Norte!

St Louis MO
Reply #19 - 02/25/11 at 20:56:04

Nothin but the best for you!  Wishes, prayers if you want 'em, coming to you from me.

Keep that positive attitude -- and remember, after a certain point, we're all survivors of something!

Every difference of opinion is not a difference of principle. Thomas Jefferson

When I look fast, I'm not smooth and I am going slowly. And when I look slow, I am smooth and going fast. Alain Pros
  IP Logged
photojoe FSO
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

I did warn you to
brace yourself

New Jersey
Reply #20 - 02/26/11 at 04:52:36

FSO
  IP Logged
Boofer
Serious Thumper

Nearly too old.

N Ms
Reply #21 - 02/26/11 at 20:06:10

Wishing you the best. I've been off with back trouble, and I am working hard to get well enough to ride 100 miles in The Race For A Cure this May. My smalltown bank did our first last year. I enjoyed it and I have declared war on cancer as much as I can do. Do you have good support? That was stupid--you got us! Barry

2001 Black, Spitfire windshield, Headlight upgrade, Sissy rack, Tool bag, Fork bag, Harley muffler, Memory foam seat, Crash bars. Hwy pegs, Raptor.
  IP Logged
Yonuh Adisi FSO
Serious Thumper

Savage Jedi (Knight)

Pilot Valley NV, aka Tatooine
Reply #22 - 02/27/11 at 12:10:31

Welcome back Skat, sorry to hear about the BC but like many have already said a great attitude can do wonders. Keep up the two wheel therapy, remember the old saying, you never see a motorcycle parked in front of a shrink's office unless it's the shrink who owns it.

A few things have changed since you been indisposed, for instance I no longer own the FireLizard and I believe there are a couple more FSOs since you've been here, but other than that things are pretty much the same.

Remember, if you need anything, you got plenty of support just a keyboard away. I'll be sending positive energy your way along with every one elses.

Check out Flight of Destiny http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00H9130XC
  IP Logged
skatnbnc
Serious Thumper

Spinning Pink

New Bern NC
Reply #23 - 02/28/11 at 07:24:47

Thanks everyone - i do have great support and my parents are here with me.

Also, by checking out this forum from Dec - Jan I've been keeping tabs on the changes, and also gotten some laughs from the cafe.

It was just that I was locked out so I showed up as a guest until I finally got the internet thing fixed and ...ta da !  I have high speed now instead of dial up!!  Grin

TOday it is 75 and windy so its been a nice riding day. Tomorrow, rain and COLD again. Little by little spring is coming tho!  Smiley

2006 LS650, HD pipe, Tkat fork brace, elkhide handgrips, badge-free zone, gel seat w/riser, silverblue, the one in FRONT of you, flying the Kings Colours
  IP Logged
John_D FSO
Serious Thumper

Ridin' and smilin'

Vancouver, WA
Reply #24 - 02/28/11 at 20:33:13

Good to see ya back! Cheesy  And best wishes for a quick recovery, and some good riding weather to take your mind off things.
Can't wait to see some pics.

'07 ElectraGlide.
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #25 - 03/24/11 at 23:04:59

Where are ya', Skatergirl?...
Okay I hope?...

All my best,
Serow

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
kimchris1
Serious Thumper

Pink Posse Rider...

Belfair, Washington
Reply #26 - 03/25/11 at 04:33:23

Hey Skat, check your pm..
Wishing you all the best.
Hugs girlfriend..Smiley kim

IP Logged
kimchris1
Serious Thumper

Pink Posse Rider...

Belfair, Washington
Reply #27 - 04/01/11 at 22:18:15

Skat, it has been a few days since you
have been here. Wanted to check in
on you and let you know were thinking
of you. All the best,, Hugs..: kim
Oh and please check your pm.. I
could use the info..

IP Logged
Driller

Really
"Zooked"
up

Tryon, NC
Reply #28 - 04/02/11 at 05:51:23

Live strong. Hope to see you on the road and at an encampment soon.
YMHS
Mike J

O.F.R.A.T. Old F##t Riding Any Time
  IP Logged
kimchris1
Serious Thumper

Pink Posse Rider...

Belfair, Washington
Reply #29 - 04/07/11 at 17:19:07

Bump... If ok with the rest of you,
I would like to keep this on the