Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
An S40, an M50, and an 883 sportster (Read 215 times)
ohsixs40
YaBB Newbies

you are not your
khakis

va beach
An S40, an M50, and an 883 sportster
01/17/11 at 14:27:59

I haven't been on in a while and I've really been meaning to tell you guys this story. It's a classic!

I have my little 06 s40 and was hanging out one night with two of my riding friends. One has an m50 and the other has a harley 883. Of course the harley guy is very much anti-anything-other-than-harley but he doesn't mind hanging out with us and bragging about how his bike is way greater than ours in every way. My friend with the m50 started giving the harley guy some crap about how his m50 was quicker off the line than the harley despite the smaller engine and shaft drive. The two of them just kept sparing back and forth for a while saying stuff like "nothing about a suzuki can beat anything about a harley" and "your harley would probably just fall apart anyway." I started getting bored so I said we should go get something to eat. The three of us got on our bikes and started down the road and just about half a mile from the restraunt, we came to a stop light that had just turned red and there was no one else around. We spread out and every one got their own lane. The harley guy starts revving his engine and the straight pipes are nearly deafening. The guy with the m50 revs back. All three of us put our bikes in gear and wait. Then the light turned green. . .

I kept the front wheel on the ground, but barely so! Before we even got through the intersection, I could see both of their headlights in my mirror and they were getting further behind. Of course, by the time I started getting up to around 50 they were closing in on me, but I had definitely held them off. We pull into the parking lot and get off our bikes. I keep my smile down to a smirk, and look over at them and say, "Well, I guess we settled that one." They just smiled and shook their heads!

blue 06 s40 with Ed L. forward controls. 1997 land rover discovery, two inch lift rovertym springs, 31" bfg mud terrains, series 2 brush guard, slimmed bumper, hella lights, and 140k awesome miles!
  IP Logged
Dj12midnit
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

If you'r here and
I'm here isn't this
our time?

Lynden Wa.
Re: An S40, an M50, and an 883 sportster
Reply #1 - 01/17/11 at 14:40:20

Now that there is funny.

http://www.suzukiownersclub.net

2006 Progressive 412-4236C, Big Crank, TKat F\B, ME880 Rear.
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #2 - 01/17/11 at 15:34:01

... and now they're limited to arguing about who's is shinier...  Huh...

Smiley...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #3 - 01/17/11 at 15:53:50

I was second, NO, I was,,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #4 - 01/17/11 at 16:30:22

Grin   Cool

So... who was second?

WWW   IP Logged
Paladin.
Serious Thumper

Hamster

Sunny Southern California
Reply #5 - 01/17/11 at 16:50:26

no DUH!   The those two twins were dragging 200 more pounds, not to mention you have the bigger cylinder.  It takes a much bigger bike to beat a Savage across the intersection.

WWW   IP Logged
thumperclone
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

PGR rider  riding
with respect

Grand Junction Colorado
Reply #6 - 01/17/11 at 17:05:54

was in ogden couple years ago
hardley trike, hd chopper, me and a burgman
i blew away the hardleys the burgman ate my lunch!!!

standing for those who stood for US

IP Logged
John_D FSO
Serious Thumper

Ridin' and smilin'

Vancouver, WA
Reply #7 - 01/17/11 at 17:28:34

ohsixs40 wrote on 01/17/11 at 14:27:59:
I haven't been on in a while and I've really been meaning to tell you guys this story. It's a classic!

I have my little 06 s40 and was hanging out one night with two of my riding friends. One has an m50 and the other has a harley 883. Of course the harley guy is very much anti-anything-other-than-harley but he doesn't mind hanging out with us and bragging about how his bike is way greater than ours in every way. My friend with the m50 started giving the harley guy some crap about how his m50 was quicker off the line than the harley despite the smaller engine and shaft drive. The two of them just kept sparing back and forth for a while saying stuff like "nothing about a suzuki can beat anything about a harley" and "your harley would probably just fall apart anyway." I started getting bored so I said we should go get something to eat. The three of us got on our bikes and started down the road and just about half a mile from the restraunt, we came to a stop light that had just turned red and there was no one else around. We spread out and every one got their own lane. The harley guy starts revving his engine and the straight pipes are nearly deafening. The guy with the m50 revs back. All three of us put our bikes in gear and wait. Then the light turned green. . .

I kept the front wheel on the ground, but barely so! Before we even got through the intersection, I could see both of their headlights in my mirror and they were getting further behind. Of course, by the time I started getting up to around 50 they were closing in on me, but I had definitely held them off. We pull into the parking lot and get off our bikes. I keep my smile down to a smirk, and look over at them and say, "Well, I guess we settled that one." They just smiled and shook their heads!

Grin  That story just made me grin.  Awesome! Smiley

'07 ElectraGlide.
  IP Logged
LostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 01/17/11 at 17:58:22

Cool very cool

IP Logged
IN-S40

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Michigan City, IN
Reply #9 - 01/17/11 at 18:07:13

This even made my girlfriend smile....she rides a savage too.

Darren
IN-S40

IP Logged
kimchris1
Serious Thumper

Pink Posse Rider...

Belfair, Washington
Reply #10 - 01/17/11 at 18:18:01

Very good and made me smile as well.. Smiley kim

IP Logged
Driller

Really
"Zooked"
up

Tryon, NC
Reply #11 - 01/18/11 at 06:05:52

Well done! Good job of sandbagging.
Just another satisfying benefit of riding a "starter" bike. They sometimes don't know what hit them. Wink

O.F.R.A.T. Old F##t Riding Any Time
  IP Logged
12Bravo
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mid-Missouri
Reply #12 - 01/18/11 at 07:42:22

Good story! I have my S40 and  Burgman 650 and have fun with other riders on both bikes.  Grin

No Child Should Live In Fear!!!
'Keepers of the children'
http://www.bacaworld.org

IP Logged
T Mack 1 - FSO
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

sold 2001 LS650 for
a 1986 XLH1100

Emmaus,Pa
Reply #13 - 01/20/11 at 07:05:07

Been there, done that.   I woke up a lot of 883's and dresser Harley's with my Savage.  Till about 50 mph, which on the Savage, comes at you quick.

On the Sportster forum, the 883 guys all talk about how hot their bikes are.   It usually takes a bunch of posts before a Sporty-1200 owner puts them in their place.

I do have one word of waning for those of you that want to run out a toast a Sportster.  You can do it if it's an 883 but not a 1200.  There is a certain point that the extra CC's and torque of the longer stroke take over (trust me,  the first ride on my 1100 was an eye opener).  Bad thing is that it use to be easy to tell a 883 because the engine was silver and the 1100cc & 1200cc's were black with silver fins (like the '03 & later Savage/S40's).  But..... now they sell  conversion kits to make an 883 into a 1200cc, 1250cc and 1450cc and you get an option to have it in the original 883 silver paint.  So you could pull up to a bike that has "883" on the stickers, but it could be a 1200....  or the monster 1450cc.    

On a side note, the Sportster's are treated as outcasts by the "Harley" guys.  Too small.... Integral tranny ain't a Harley........ Doesn't cost $20K.......

Engineers design things, Technicians make them work.
---
30% of being mechanical is confidence/30% is knowing to go slow when needed/30% is looking repeatedly at what you have/10% is dumb luck Wink
  IP Logged
PerrydaSavage
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Riding "The
Rock"!

Republic of Newfoundland
Reply #14 - 01/20/11 at 08:06:19

I enjoyed reading about how you took both the M50 and the 883 with your S40 ... very, very cool! Well done dude! Cool

Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by arseholes!
WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/08/24 at 02:50:39

General CategoryThe Cafe › An S40, an M50, and an 883 sportster

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.