Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Re: Our Tucson boys ok??
Reply #31 - 01/11/11 at 15:53:33

My dad,father in law,uncles, and none of my 4 kids have guns,I had a 22 when I was 16 and sold it 2 years later,Never had another gun till 7 years ago,Now I have 9 guns I just like them.All 22s and 410s.I was only shot once when I was 12 years. It was a bb gun.If you think a gun is going to save your life I think your barking up the wrong tree.Johnny Cash even said don't take your guns to town,You John Wayne's here should listen  to Johnny Cash.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
buttgoat1
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #32 - 01/11/11 at 16:17:11

It is everyone's choice whether to go unarmed or armed, make your choice and let law abiding citizens make their own choice.

yep, shootings are big news leads, however it is rare for them to report a crime that was prevented by someone being armed.
The fact is that it happens but usually not reported because no crime actually happened.  Typically a thug would move on to easier pickings when a coat is pulled back to show a holstered gun on the hip.

http://nakedlaw.avvo.com/2010/10/8-horrible-crimes-stopped-by-legal-gun-owners/

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #33 - 01/11/11 at 16:18:30

I keep one loaded in my home... it's the only place that I can imagine it being useful in self defense.

In a crowd at a supermarket,... I don't imagine a person having time to get their wits about them, analyzing that the threat is real and not a stunt or joke, finding a safe shot, drawing , and firing, before the criminal has emptied...
... and if there had been security,... the vigilante would likely be shot along with the perp if he drew his weapon...
Unsafe!...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
LostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #34 - 01/11/11 at 16:27:11

guns make killing people/ threatening people/ intimidating people, easy.  

period.

IP Logged
buttgoat1
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #35 - 01/11/11 at 16:29:54

thats your choice Serow and that fine for you.  Carrying a gun is a huge responsibility and not for everyone, getting shot is a real possibility, a licensed former marine was shot and killed by police recently because a security guard called 911 and reported him as being combative and  erratic.

Its kind of funny, people have no qualms about driving a car which can kill and maim with just a moment of distraction.

IP Logged
LostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #36 - 01/11/11 at 16:36:07

buttgoat1 wrote on 01/11/11 at 16:29:54:
thats your choice Serow and that fine for you.  Carrying a gun is a huge responsibility and not for everyone, getting shot is a real possibility, a licensed former marine was shot and killed by police recently because a security guard called 911 and reported him as being combative and  erratic.

Its kind of funny, people have no qualms about driving a car which can kill and maim with just a moment of distraction.

it's pretty hard to kill with a car, like premeditated, not impossible, but not the usual.  also hard to intimidate with a car or threaten. guns only do 1 thing.  and hand guts are only designed to kill one kind of prey

IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #37 - 01/12/11 at 09:24:41

Wolfman, you are my new hero.  

My husband carries concealed daily.  He sometimes has to enter vacant buildings where bums/homeless folks decide to take up residence.  He usually has no problem getting rid of them... I say usually.  Occasionally they get belligerent.  Sometimes they are drugged up.  But this happens over and over, sometimes its even the same bums.  What if these bums decide since he's a nice guy, they will just attack him one day for whatever money he might have on him?  I would bet if they know he carries, they will be ALOT less likely to mess with him.  At least I feel more comfortable knowing he can handle himself and take care of business.    

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #38 - 01/12/11 at 09:32:46

I'm glad to live in the civilized part of the USA the upper Midwest,No guns or bats needed.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
buttgoat1
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #39 - 01/12/11 at 09:43:45

It doesn't take a gun to kill or wound, there is a huge knife problem in the UK

"Last year about 4,600 people were admitted to hospital in England with knife wounds. In the 12 months to June 2010, there were 29,981 knife crimes in England and Wales recorded by the police - a drop of 7% from the previous year."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-11929401

the point is that there are violence prone people and I would rather granny have a 22 pistol in her hand rather than have to knife fight a thug  breaking into her house.  

I wonder if the UK thugs are polite when they knife you, since they are more civilized than Americans.......

IP Logged
gerald.hughes
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

FSO

Tucson, Az
Reply #40 - 01/12/11 at 09:43:57

I apologize for the highjacking.

Let me start by saying that I am a gun owner, have been since I was 12 years old.  I am not against guns.  I am not even against gun ownership.   Many people do not know that in Switzerland, which is always considered a pacifist country, it is the law that every person over the age of 18 must take military training, and have an maintain a firearm in their home.

Second, Arizona is, and always has been a state where it is legal to carry a firearm in public, as long as it is visible.  My problem is with concealed weapons.  Babyhog, a visible weapon can be a deterrent, and I am sure that your husband feels the same way.  That is one of the reasons that Police, and security people make a big deal of carrying their weapons in a very visible manner. (The FBI and detectives, on the other hand, tend to carry their weapons in a non-visible manner so as to not be so intimidating.)

Some people may not be aware of it, but one of the men who tackled the shooter in Tucson was carrying a gun.  When asked why he didn't use it, he responded that there was so much confusion, and so many innocent bystanders, that the chance of shooting someone unintended was too high.  I can imagine what the slaughter would have been if ten or twenty bystanders had been firing.  Stop and think of the times when the police, who have training, will get caught up in a situation, and fire off a couple of hundred rounds at a suspect.

A final thought.  You only stop assassins by luck. Every assasinated President and politician had security.  Kennedy had carloads of secret service with him in Dallas.  They only really come into play after the assassin has made the first move, and if that is effective, the person is dead. (Bobby Kennedy).  If not, the person survives and the assassin is caught or killed (Reagan).  Guns don't prevent determined people from killing someone.

IP Logged
Boofer
Serious Thumper

Nearly too old.

N Ms
Reply #41 - 01/13/11 at 18:17:38

babyhog, didn't mean to hi jack your thread. I have several guns and you would be safe in my house. I would not even show them unless you were interested in seeing them. Many on here have done far more dangerous stunts on cycles than I would ever do with my guns. A gun has to be treated with the proper atitude and respect. I sometimes show my butt on my Savage, but guns are too serious to "play" with. My local sheriff commented last summer at a softball game that he was glad I was carrying concealed. He knows I've had "brain troubles" for about 30 years, but he knows my values, my family, and the character I have shown in my community. I would only fire if fired upon and hope I have the courage to protect those who cannot protect themselves. Just remember, we have freedom of speech, so why not use it to lift up the good guys and our soldiers. (No matter what we believe about the war.) That same speech, if not contorted or taken out of context will also give justice to those who have no respect for innocent humans.. Again bh, Talking just to talk and get our hatred out in the public view is just another form of bullying. Didn't mean to take away from your sorrow and very human feelings from the victims. Boofer

2001 Black, Spitfire windshield, Headlight upgrade, Sissy rack, Tool bag, Fork bag, Harley muffler, Memory foam seat, Crash bars. Hwy pegs, Raptor.
  IP Logged
mick
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Hell-bound

Dayton Oregon
Reply #42 - 01/13/11 at 19:35:32

buttgoat1 wrote on 01/12/11 at 09:43:45:
It doesn't take a gun to kill or wound, there is a huge knife problem in the UK

"Last year about 4,600 people were admitted to hospital in England with knife wounds. In the 12 months to June 2010, there were 29,981 knife crimes in England and Wales recorded by the police - a drop of 7% from the previous year."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-11929401

the point is that there are violence prone people and I would rather granny have a 22 pistol in her hand rather than have to knife fight a thug  breaking into her house.  

I wonder if the UK thugs are polite when they knife you, since they are more civilized than Americans.......

UK thugs usually knife other thugs, no need to knife little old laidy's who are not a threat, when I left England most real bad guys carried short swords on their left or right hips,the favorite among street gangs is a cut throat razor ,nasty in a fight .

Science and Logic fly you to the moon,
Religion makes you fly into skyscrapers
mickrowe37   IP Logged
mick
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Hell-bound

Dayton Oregon
Reply #43 - 01/13/11 at 19:54:04

Butt, you can rest assured that UK thugs are way more polite.
True story, While I was waiting for my client in a busy shopping area around Golders Green area in London (I was a chauffeur) ,A MK10 jaguar pulled up onto the side walk, the driver stopped out side a jewelers shop.three guys got out ,two of them smashed the windows with hammers, one guy was in charge of keeping padestrians away from flying glass. He was shouting Stay back ! Stay back please,we won't be very long, And they weren't I would guess 3 minutes total.
After they grabbed every thing from the window ,they said "Sorry for the inconvenience " and drove off , I actually knew one of the guys,I played golf with his uncle.  I told the police and media just what I told you,all except the last bit.I did want to stay alive.
So to answer your question Buttgoat ,the answer is yes ,british thugs are way more polite than US thugs, They consider them selves Robin hoods. Wink

Science and Logic fly you to the moon,
Religion makes you fly into skyscrapers
mickrowe37   IP Logged
prechermike
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Kalashna Kitty, from
Skat

Ponzer, NC
Reply #44 - 01/14/11 at 08:20:34

babyhog wrote on 01/11/11 at 09:57:13:
Thanks Joe, but I don't mind.  The post was to check on the guys, but to also talk about what's going on, so its all good....

I've never had much of an opinion on guns until the past few years, as my husband was a Marine and loves his guns (oh, btw, he is so happy, he finally got the Keltec PF9 he has been wanting!)  
Anyway, he made a point last night... if more everyday folks carried weapons, concealed, or not concealed, I think these incidents would end alot faster than they do in some cases, with alot less casualties.  If I were sitting in McDonald's and some guy walks in shooting, I'd rather have someone sitting next to me who is carrying, who can stand up and shoot the bastard, than cower in a corner.  Maybe eventually, these idiots would realize that they aren't going to get away with it.  

I'm not positive why her security detail wasn't with her, but I did hear that she wanted to be able to shake hands with folks, and be more accessible.    

Cool Babyhog, I love my pf9 as well.  Those things are sweet.

2006, HD pipe, Tkat fork brace, elkhide handgrips, gel seat w/riser, silverblue, Ed L's forward controls, Wristwatch, biblethumper650@gmail.com
prechermike   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/19/24 at 04:51:11

General CategoryThe Cafe › Our Tucson boys ok??

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.