Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

I did warn you to
brace yourself

New Jersey
Re: Our Tucson boys ok??
Reply #15 - 01/11/11 at 10:29:15

I thought Mick was a gun owner?

I was reading something in one of my gun magazines, forget which one, about a Uni Professor teaching a 2A class. One of the students said something to the effect of "wouldn't the world be a far better place if there were no guns at all?" The professor, and ex-marine a highly trained self defense expert, walked up to a young lady sitting in the first row, just enough to get into her personal space, and said "If I wanted to , I could take this girl for myself and none of you could do anything about it." After the shock wore off, he said "Now, if she had a .38 special, it would be even." Not verbatim, just what I remember, but you get the point.

A crazy lunatic rapist breaks into a home with Mom and children, the woman would have a way better chance of defending herself with a firearm. "God may have made men, but Samuel Colt made them equal"

FSO
  IP Logged
mick
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Hell-bound

Dayton Oregon
Reply #16 - 01/11/11 at 10:30:23

I know anyone can get a gun ,it's easy. But that is not what I said.
I said "If no one had a gun"

Science and Logic fly you to the moon,
Religion makes you fly into skyscrapers
mickrowe37   IP Logged
mick
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Hell-bound

Dayton Oregon
Reply #17 - 01/11/11 at 10:35:14

photojoe FSO wrote on 01/11/11 at 10:29:15:

I was reading something in one of my gun magazines, forget which one, about a Uni Professor teaching a 2A class. One of the students said something to the effect of "wouldn't the world be a far better place if there were no guns at all?" The professor, and ex-marine a highly trained self defense expert, walked up to a young lady sitting in the first row, just enough to get into her personal space, and said "If I wanted to , I could take this girl for myself and none of you could do anything about it." After the shock wore off, he said "Now, if she had a .38 special, it would be even." Not verbatim, just what I remember, but you get the point.

A crazy lunatic rapist breaks into a home with Mom and children, the woman would have a way better chance of defending herself with a firearm. "God may have made men, but Samuel Colt made them equal"

Yes I own several guns. what is that supossed to mean ?
I own guns because most crooks and other people own them.
if they didn't ,I wouldn't . does that make sense to you ?

mickrowe37   IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #18 - 01/11/11 at 10:37:34

The United States has the world's highest rape rate of the countries that publish such statistics. It's 4 times higher than Germany, 13 times higher than England, and 20 times higher than Japan.

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
photojoe FSO
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

I did warn you to
brace yourself

New Jersey
Reply #19 - 01/11/11 at 10:38:02

[quote author=363238302F333E3732363E225B0 link=1294668877/15#17 date=1294770914]photojoe FSO wrote on 01/11/11 at 10:29:15:

Yes, it makes perfect sense to me. I took your "no guns" comment out of context. My apologies.

FSO
  IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #20 - 01/11/11 at 10:52:32

Remember last year 2 guys in a wal mart got mad at each other,Both had guns and they pulled out their guns and shot and killed each other.If everyone carried a loaded gun I do believe there would be a lot more killings.I have a lot of guns but never carried one with me are in the car.I don't even keep any loaded in the house.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #21 - 01/11/11 at 11:34:22

So I googled walmart shooting and got 2 and half million hits.
Then narrowed it down to wisconsen and it dropped to 1 million.
2 die brings it down to 400,000

It appears some take their shopping very seriously, especially in WI.

WWW   IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #22 - 01/11/11 at 11:41:24

... and I don't think there's 400,000 people in Wisconsin...
Some must get hit every time they go...  Huh...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #23 - 01/11/11 at 11:57:01

[quote author=31292E352E2B2E410 link=1294668877/15#19 date=1294771082]mick wrote on 01/11/11 at 10:35:14:
photojoe FSO wrote on 01/11/11 at 10:29:15:

Yes, it makes perfect sense to me. I took your "no guns" comment out of context. My apologies.

I also understand what you are saying now, but I still believe I mis-interpreted your comment correctly.  
Yes, you are right, if there literally were no guns, there would be no shooting, but you know that isn't realistic.  So we should be prepared.

And bill, you should invest in baseball bats instead.

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #24 - 01/11/11 at 12:42:49

Can anyone tell me when was the last time someone busted into your house or shot at you with a gun.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
Wolfman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

SW Missouri
Reply #25 - 01/11/11 at 14:51:49

Theres an old saying, "A armed society is a polite society".

If everyone knows most carry, their going to be a lot nicer to each other because they KNOW if they do something stupid they may well get shot.
The problem stems from the fact that shooters KNOW the likliehod of anyone haveing a firearm to stop them is remote.
Ask any criminal(burgler, car jacker, rapist) about them chooseing their targets.(and yes this has been done several time in studies).
If they THINK their target may well be armed they move on to an easier target. They don't want to get shot.
On that note even if you toss ALL types of shootings into one big group, your more likely to die in the bathtub takeing a shower after slipping then being shot. Or die from a doctors incomitance in the hospital.

No guns? Then some psycho with mental problems will just walk into a crowd with some molotov cocktails or pipe bombs. How many would he of injured or killed with just a couple of large knives?
Large capacity mags the problem? Anyone familiar with their firearm can do a mag swap(regardless of size) in 2-3 seconds easy.

Its NOT the item at fault, its the person. Someone wants to kill someone or many someones their going to find a way.
Theres to many gun laws now. What we need are TOUGHER laws on those useing a gun in a crime.
Do away with life in prison and make it a death penalty instead. Bring back courthouse lawn hangings in public. I garuntee a LOT of the nonsense that goes on now would stop. It used to scare the crap out of the bad guys, the fear of hanging in public.

Banning guns, even ALL guns in the US wont make us safer. It will only make us ALL sheep for the slaughter. And a huge market for gun runners. Only the criminals would have guns and their NOT worried about CCW Laws, legaly obtaining them ect. They got em already or can get them.
Concealed carry and the right to bear arms DOES make us safer.
It insures our rights in the constitution as well....which our forefathers intended.

This kid was NUTS, they said even his classmates knew something was wrong with him...but no one made a call that would of got him investigated. The old 'I dont want to get involved syndrom'.
He had a bone in his teeth for this gal for a LONG time.
Gun, knife, bomb, he was going to do something regardless of the item used.

Think about this, what if he had used his car? How many dead and injured. Would we be hearing the same rhetoric about more CAR laws? How their obtained, horsepower?
If a couple of people had been legaly carrying in the crowd how many fewer people would he of shot?? Answer me that??

Cops themselves will tell you their not there to STOP crime, their there to clean up after the fact and try to catch the perpetrators.
And i STILL wonder where her security was at and how he got close enough to walk up and shoot her in the BACK of the head??

This guy was a Fracking NUT JOB! He was going to do something regardless of what he used.

IP Logged
Wolfman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

SW Missouri
Reply #26 - 01/11/11 at 15:11:36

Was'nt me bill but two days ago in springfield a guy followed another home in springfield mo, bit of road rage. Got out and beat the guy up in his own yard. Came back two hours later with two friends and shot the guys house and car up, homeowner returned fire.

Couple days before that i another nearby town two guys broke in a mans home, threatened to kill him. Struggle ensued and homeowner got his his firearm and shot one of the subjects. Intruders were armed as well. I could go one with instances of homeowners protecting themselves...their numerous. Especialy in the last few months with the economy in the gutter as it is.

And yes theres been a couple of times ive had someone messing around my place in the middle of the night. I live out in the toolies.
The old racking of a 12 gauge slide or (get your arse out of here or get shot) usualy puts them to flight pretty quick.
Been a couple of times ive been on the bike and some nut job has chased me down the road or pulled up beside me and started makeing threats ect for some perceived slight. Id of felt better if id of been carrying at the time. Safer. Just not feasable with most of the places i go in town for buisness haveing those lil signs on the door saying 'no firearms allowed.'

Guess which buisness are more likely to be robbed??
And who's to say how many more homes would get brocken into IF the criminals KNEW there would be no firearms presant??

Two weeks ago i had a neighbor half a mile down the road had a burglary. They took the frig, the big screen TV and some jewelry in the middle of the night. THEN burned the whole house down to cover up any evidance they might have left.
Luckily she was'nt home. What would they have done IF she had been if they were willing to burn the whole house down to cover themselves??
I could go on and on with instances but lets leave it at this.
I feel a WHOLE LOT safer for the family and i with a firearm or two in the house.

IP Logged
mick
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Hell-bound

Dayton Oregon
Reply #27 - 01/11/11 at 15:11:36

Even so Wolfman I think the stats will tell you that there are way more gun murders here than any place in the world.
I do mean the so called civilized world. Those wacko country's in Africa don't count.

mickrowe37   IP Logged
LostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #28 - 01/11/11 at 15:24:27

Wolfman wrote on 01/11/11 at 14:51:49:
Theres an old saying, "A armed society is a polite society".

so, would you consider the middle east, israel, etc. . . polite?   with all their terrorism?  they are armed . . .    

IP Logged
Wolfman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

SW Missouri
Reply #29 - 01/11/11 at 15:26:08

Actualy mick your wrong. Gun murders are big news, you hear about them. News usualy keeps reporting on them dor DAYS. Do a lil research and compare gun murders to stabbings in paticular. Strangling, beating to death ect.

One in paticular you can look at is russia, not a third world country. Their gun laws are MUCH MUCH more restricitve the the US. Their murder rate is also MUCH higher then ours.
Mexico is another. Try owning a gun legaly there as a civilian. Cuba??

You'll find the gun nuts here toss out how many guns we have in the US then give you the total number of SHOOTINGS. They don't mention how many are murders, how many are self inflicted and how many are in SELF DEFENSE. They just give you the total and dont compare them to how many are killed with just a knife for instance. Your more likely to be stabbed or beaten then shot here.

I know the stats. Ive been a life long gun owner, 50 years, and a hunter safety and firearms instructor for the state for 15 years.
Im a firm beleiver that if more folks went legaly armed and kept a gun in the home(and knew how to use it) the crime rates would be much lower. Murders, rapes, robberies. Who wants to get shot for a pieace of arse or some jewely or cash??

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/19/24 at 04:02:47

General CategoryThe Cafe › Our Tucson boys ok??

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.