babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Our Tucson boys ok??
01/10/11 at 06:14:37

Serowbot, Gerald, Lupo?  You guys ok?  Have been hearing and reading about that crazy shooting...  

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Re: Our Tucson boys ok??
Reply #1 - 01/10/11 at 06:48:06

Very sad, ... and disgusted...
Gabby is a great lady, and an advocate for motorcyclists too...
Hoping against hope that she recovers...

Peace...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Boofer
Serious Thumper

Nearly too old.

N Ms
Reply #2 - 01/10/11 at 07:27:38

In my opinion, this ain't about, right, left, atheist, Christian, racist....but the discussion will slowly move away from the fact that a human shot other humans with intent to kill them. As someone who has mental problems and a house full of guns I can tell you--it's a choice. Murder is illegal. Plus hurting someone who is weaker and helpless is cowardly.  Use the laws on the books and common sense to put him away forever, dead or alive. We may do bad things for various reasons, and may even get forgiveness, but we still have to pay the consequences. Not meant to be a religious or moral debate. Just the natural laws of the world.

2001 Black, Spitfire windshield, Headlight upgrade, Sissy rack, Tool bag, Fork bag, Harley muffler, Memory foam seat, Crash bars. Hwy pegs, Raptor.
  IP Logged
Wolfman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

SW Missouri
Reply #3 - 01/10/11 at 15:03:00

Their already trying to blame the Tea Party for 'antagonizeing' people and causeing this.
Their really milking the 9 year old girl born on 911 as well.
Going to be a LOT of fallout over this psychos actions.
Expect the Gun Control nuts(read democrats into that as well) to go after this like a dog after a soup bone.
Like some psycho can't get a gun illegaly anyway. Roll Eyes Blame the gun, not the person seems to be the way of things anymore.

Funny, several govt officials have openly claimed they would start carying 'Heat' to their meetings for protection now.

My BIG questions is...where the heII was HER security??? Huh

IP Logged
kimchris1
Serious Thumper

Pink Posse Rider...

Belfair, Washington
Reply #4 - 01/10/11 at 15:05:19

I am keeping her and her family as well as the families of the deceased victims in my prayers. It saddens me so when these things happen. Sad kim

IP Logged
PerrydaSavage
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Riding "The
Rock"!

Republic of Newfoundland
Reply #5 - 01/10/11 at 16:18:49

Very, very sad state of affairs down there in Arizona Sad I have an aunt who winters in Yuma ...

Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by arseholes!
WWW   IP Logged
gerald.hughes
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

FSO

Tucson, Az
Reply #6 - 01/10/11 at 17:00:46

As safe as you can be in a place where any nut case can carry a gun, and a concealed one at that.

Oh yeah, Gabe not only supports motorcycles, she rides her own bike.

IP Logged
gerald.hughes
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

FSO

Tucson, Az
Reply #7 - 01/10/11 at 17:06:20

Another thought.  Pointing out that the guy is crazy is beside the point.  All the discussions about what a nut case his is are smoke and diversion.  The evidence is pretty strong that he targeted Gabe, and that the plan took months to come together.  The real question is, "Why Gabe?"  Specifically, why did he pick her to shoot.  Until that question is answered, everything else is just talk to fill air time.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #8 - 01/11/11 at 06:49:14

excellent point Gerald and one that will be mostly ignored for the next few months. When the Ft. Hood shooting happened, the first cry was not to jump to conclusions, to wait for the investigation to run its course. This time however, its mandatory to jump to conclusions.

IP Logged
photojoe FSO
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

I did warn you to
brace yourself

New Jersey
Reply #9 - 01/11/11 at 07:48:14

I was going to add a reply here, but didn't want to contribute to BH's thread getting hijacked. Find me up at the tall table.

FSO
  IP Logged
Stimpy - FSO
Serious Thumper

SuzukisSavage Int'l
Division

Germany - formerly SD, SoCal
Reply #10 - 01/11/11 at 07:53:50

...I'm with photojoe about the hijack thing and did ponder about
contibuting or not my POV, still I'll quickly comment on how this
case is being recived/percived over here.

Everyone here in Europe is VERY attentive at this and
keeping a close eye as this sad and strange case develops.

Reason mainly being that we have had our share of copycat school
shootings and have been on "terrorism alert" for a decade now.

However your regular European citizen is very different than
elsewhere in the world, much more media skeptic and unaffraid
of the goverment as the large, organized protests and strikes
have recently shown.  

I'm certain that as the months go by, new details will emerge
showing that there is a lot more to this case that meets
the eye, a lot of special interests seem to be at hand and
new gun control bills are being drafted in DC as we speak.

There is also something about the famous mugshot,
his eyes seem to have somehow changed color,
nose, chin and moles are different too, beats me.

http://img703.imageshack.us/img703/9234/deraileyes.jpg

Best to all and keep your head cool & spirits up!  Wink

Recently sold 97'savage (change of residence) - looking to buy another - just bought a temp, a great SR125 called 'methadone'
WWW Stimpy - FSO   IP Logged
mpescatori
Serious Thumper

Romanum Thumperium
Cavalco, yeaaah !!!

Rome, Italy
Reply #11 - 01/11/11 at 09:28:49

Thank you Stimpy for pointing out those details, if I had done so my comment would have looked out of place.

I do not understand this typically "american" mentality that a concealed weapon is "bad".

In Europe there are perhaps 1/4th of the handguns owned in the US but they're ALL concealed, you can NOT walk the streets with your gun in a hip holster.

The two questions that arise are "Why?" and, darned good question "where was HER security?"  Roll Eyes
Will the Marshals/Secret Service/FBI investigate on this detail as well ?

Maurizio Pescatori, Esq.
Gentleman Rider

Mikuni BST40, K&N filter, Stage2 cam, Verslagen tensioner, Sportster muff, 120 proof moonshine, Pirelli MT 66 tourers... and a chain conversion too !
mpescatori   IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #12 - 01/11/11 at 09:57:13

Thanks Joe, but I don't mind.  The post was to check on the guys, but to also talk about what's going on, so its all good....

I've never had much of an opinion on guns until the past few years, as my husband was a Marine and loves his guns (oh, btw, he is so happy, he finally got the Keltec PF9 he has been wanting!)  
Anyway, he made a point last night... if more everyday folks carried weapons, concealed, or not concealed, I think these incidents would end alot faster than they do in some cases, with alot less casualties.  If I were sitting in McDonald's and some guy walks in shooting, I'd rather have someone sitting next to me who is carrying, who can stand up and shoot the bastard, than cower in a corner.  Maybe eventually, these idiots would realize that they aren't going to get away with it.  

I'm not positive why her security detail wasn't with her, but I did hear that she wanted to be able to shake hands with folks, and be more accessible.    

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
mick
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Hell-bound

Dayton Oregon
Reply #13 - 01/11/11 at 10:08:16

babyhog wrote on 01/11/11 at 09:57:13:
Thanks Joe, but I don't mind.  The post was to check on the guys, but to also talk about what's going on, so its all good....

I've never had much of an opinion on guns until the past few years, as my husband was a Marine and loves his guns (oh, btw, he is so happy, he finally got the Keltec PF9 he has been wanting!)  
Anyway, he made a point last night... if more everyday folks carried weapons, concealed, or not concealed, I think these incidents would end alot faster than they do in some cases, with alot less casualties.  If I were sitting in McDonald's and some guy walks in shooting, I'd rather have someone sitting next to me who is carrying, who can stand up and shoot the bastard, than cower in a corner.  Maybe eventually, these idiots would realize that they aren't going to get away with it.  

I'm not positive why her security detail wasn't with her, but I did hear that she wanted to be able to shake hands with folks, and be more accessible.    

good idea babyhog,but it would work just as well if no one had a gun..

Science and Logic fly you to the moon,
Religion makes you fly into skyscrapers
mickrowe37   IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #14 - 01/11/11 at 10:22:57

mick wrote on 01/11/11 at 10:08:16:
babyhog wrote on 01/11/11 at 09:57:13:

good idea babyhog,but it would work just as well if no one had a gun..

Mick, really?  You don't think a criminal is going to find a way to get a gun if they want one?  That's like saying if alcohol was illegal, we would no longer have drunks....  

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/19/24 at 03:18:42

General CategoryThe Cafe › Our Tucson boys ok??

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.