mick
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Hell-bound

Dayton Oregon
Re: Insane or Addicted
Reply #15 - 01/04/11 at 22:27:38

Boofer wrote on 01/04/11 at 21:44:20:
Wera, I have lost the use of my right foot (Drop Foot) last week. I've been on Disability for nine years. Doctor said we have an emergency to save leg power. Due for MRI in two days. Looking at serious surgery. Also have Stenosis and Degenerative disc disease. Rode my daughter's ATV for ten minutes in pasture after being in bed for three days. Hurting bad, but I did it. KRAZY

Good luck mate with the upcoming surgery.
Stay upbeat ,that alone helps you heal.

Science and Logic fly you to the moon,
Religion makes you fly into skyscrapers
mickrowe37   IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #16 - 01/04/11 at 23:00:47

Boofer wrote on 01/04/11 at 21:44:20:
Wera, I have lost the use of my right foot (Drop Foot) last week. I've been on Disability for nine years. Doctor said we have an emergency to save leg power. Due for MRI in two days. Looking at serious surgery. Also have Stenosis and Degenerative disc disease. Rode my daughter's ATV for ten minutes in pasture after being in bed for three days. Hurting bad, but I did it. KRAZY

All I can say is, I am sorry youre struggling like that. Hoping for the best for you.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Boofer
Serious Thumper

Nearly too old.

N Ms
Reply #17 - 01/05/11 at 03:38:12

Thanks for the kind words. I rode in the first 100 mile Relay for Life Cancer Ride last May in my small community. I think it was about 34 bikes and around 42 people. That is one of my goals for this year, if possible. I was in third position the whole time with lots of nice comments on the only thumper there. I'd like to make it at least 10 years and save all 10 tee shirts for some Rider's Prize that 10th year. Have to stay vertical and help the wife keep tabs on my teen daughter.  Grin

2001 Black, Spitfire windshield, Headlight upgrade, Sissy rack, Tool bag, Fork bag, Harley muffler, Memory foam seat, Crash bars. Hwy pegs, Raptor.
  IP Logged
kimchris1
Serious Thumper

Pink Posse Rider...

Belfair, Washington
Reply #18 - 01/05/11 at 11:07:22

Boofer, hugs and I wish you all the best in your quest in the upcoming ride in May. It is nice to have some kind of goal to look forward to when one is going thru the difficulties like yourself. Best wishes to you and again many hugs for a great day.. Kim Smiley

IP Logged
Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
Reply #19 - 01/05/11 at 11:47:41

Best wishes Boof!!!!

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"
  IP Logged
BuckRYCA

New London, CT, USA
Reply #20 - 01/06/11 at 09:11:30

A long time ago (1969) in a place far away (west central Indiana) I rode my 120 Kawasaki street scrambler about 20 miles from my college to take the graduate record exams. It started a cloudy, early winter day, but it snowed, a lot, maybe 6",  during the afternoon. I rode back on icy roads in the wind and blowing snow. It was a real exercise in balance and smoothness. Semi knobby tires were appreciated.

I think about that day when I ride during the winter, but my practical limit these days is 45F, dry and mostly salt-free roads.

'96 Savage - now a Ryca CS-1
WWW BuckRYCA BuckRYCA   IP Logged
John_D FSO
Serious Thumper

Ridin' and smilin'

Vancouver, WA
Reply #21 - 01/06/11 at 23:06:14

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 01/04/11 at 03:49:20:
Ive been avoiding saying this, but you do know, dont you, that theres no reason you have to be Insane OR Addicted. You could be both.

Grin

I try to keep my insane and/or addicted impulses under control.  Not always successful though.  I've managed to get a ride in at least once a month since I started back in '08.  This last November though it involved hitting the road in 17° temps.  Crazy?  Maybe.  But now I know what it's like, and how well my gear keeps me warm at those temps: better than I expected. Grin

'07 ElectraGlide.
  IP Logged
kimchris1
Serious Thumper

Pink Posse Rider...

Belfair, Washington
Reply #22 - 01/06/11 at 23:19:45

I am becoming addicted to staying in the warm house. I did manage to go out to the bike shed and uncover Genie and let her warm up for awhile.
Then later I kicked myself for not taking her out. Oh well that was my insanity that kicked in..Smiley kim

IP Logged
JohnBoy
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #23 - 01/09/11 at 07:37:16

I have made a couple of 100 mile runs in the cold and you need to remember that as your core temp drops your reflexes get a lot slower. Shaking will over ride things like hitting the brakes or shifting gears. Your bike might be moving at 60mph while your body is moving at 30.
I hate cold weather and here in AZ I can avoid it most of the time.
Bottom line is be safe! Allow lots of room, allow your tires time to warm up, keep moving your fingers in your gloves, and read up on wind chill.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #24 - 01/09/11 at 07:55:30

Boots sit nicely up on the transmission, right by the jug. Hands warm up on the head. A large pistol carrier will unfold across the chest, fleece side in, plastic side out, blocks wind off the chest that may wiggle thru the zippers. If you have nothing special & are caught out in it, stop at a store & stuff a Thrifty nickel in your shirt. PLastic bags over boots looks like heck, but it beats wet feet. I dont care what anyone thinks about what Ive done to stay dry or warm, its my body Im tryiing to keep happy. Ill use whatever I can lay hands on if Im caught out in it w/o the right gear.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/06/24 at 09:44:15

General CategoryThe Cafe › Insane or Addicted

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.