Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Re: important topics
Reply #15 - 01/03/11 at 07:21:03

Well DURN, it is invisible except to moderators.

Shocked    Shocked    Shocked    Shocked    Shocked    Shocked

I just dialed in using Oldfeller2 and it sure enough is gone.

That is certainly unexpected and it explains why everyone is getting upset.

I am sure JohnH can fix whatever setting got tripped and I will get up with him ASAP to see if he can do that.

Sorry about that guys -- I don't know what happened and certainly can't explain the whichness of the why.   I can just try to get it fixed as quick as possible.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Boule’tard
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Master of the
Obvious

Austin TX
Reply #16 - 01/03/11 at 07:23:18

Oldfeller--FSO wrote on 01/03/11 at 07:08:15:
No, some members have technical issues with their browers or computers, looks like.

How many of you see the Tall Table up in the sticky section and can post to it?

How many can't see it?

How many can see it but can't post to it?

Try a cold shut down (wait a minute) and reboot of your PC if you have issues not seeing or not being able to post.

I can see it only when logged in.   If you hid it, you should probably unhide it.

Having a "pasture" section where controversial threads could be sent, would solve this problem.  Moving stuff to "Forum issues" would also work.  Then nobody'd get their panties in a bunch for not having a "right" to broadcast their words to thousands of computer screens.

That which can be destroyed by the truth should be. - P.C. Hodgell
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #17 - 01/03/11 at 07:23:49

Can you see it now?

WWW   IP Logged
Boule’tard
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Master of the
Obvious

Austin TX
Reply #18 - 01/03/11 at 07:25:34

There ya go  Wink

That which can be destroyed by the truth should be. - P.C. Hodgell
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #19 - 01/03/11 at 07:29:19

Verslagen, what was set incorrectly (or what did you do to fix it?)

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #20 - 01/03/11 at 07:34:14

It was hidden, the icon was the whitish grey instead of yellow.  Hardly noticeable.

WWW   IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #21 - 01/03/11 at 07:44:06

Now that's odd -- why didn't Sluggo's Table disappear too?   Same steps, same things done to it.

Boule,  hindsight being 20-20 I think I like Verslagen's idea that the trimmed materials from the Tall Table etc just be allowed to float down the Cafe listing to the 90 day limit and that's what I would do in the future.  

I still don't understand how one thread got hidden while the other one when through the process completely unchanged.

It is a point that with bionic eyes you always see everything -- so after such changes I think I'd log in as Oldfeller2 just to make sure everything is still kosher.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
mick
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Hell-bound

Dayton Oregon
Reply #22 - 01/03/11 at 08:43:08

Oldfeller--FSO wrote on 01/03/11 at 07:44:06:
Now that's odd -- why didn't Sluggo's Table disappear too?   Same steps, same things done to it.

Boule,  hindsight being 20-20 I think I like Verslagen's idea that the trimmed materials from the Tall Table etc just be allowed to float down the Cafe listing to the 90 day limit and that's what I would do in the future.  

I still don't understand how one thread got hidden while the other one when through the process completely unchanged.

It is a point that with bionic eyes you always see everything -- so after such changes I think I'd log in as Oldfeller2 just to make sure everything is still kosher.

odd how you know how to log in as someone else,I wouldn't have a clue how to do that.Practice makes perfect ex member.

Science and Logic fly you to the moon,
Religion makes you fly into skyscrapers
mickrowe37   IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #23 - 01/03/11 at 11:47:35

Mick, it was before your time but JohnH updated the list software a while back and it required you to have your interim password sent to your email account of record.

Justin, me and several others got caught out by that as we had changed carriers so we couldn't get to our new interim passwords ..... we were forced to re-register.

You will find Justin'oGuy2 and Oldfeller2 have been list members longer than you have as we both ran them for years & years.   Then JohnH fixed the passwords issue and we were able to log in on our original names and passwords and I have done so pretty much consistently since as it is auto-memorized.

Oldfeller2 has a sterling advantage to me now -- he sees with non-bionic eyes what the normal list members sees.  He could see the issue about the disappearing list while Oldfeller simply saw it sitting there all along.

So get used to seeing him sometimes -- he may be trying to see the things a moderator's bionic eyes can't see.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Ed L.
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

"We All go a
Little Crazy
Sometimes"
Norman Bates

Sunny Florida
Reply #24 - 01/03/11 at 13:33:20

I remember Oldfeller2 showing up for a short time, thought he was a clone or a doppelganger of the orignial. Now it turns out he was a second or maybe a third head (depending on which heads you count) on the orignial body. Just funning with you OF  Grin

Silver '02, clubman handle bars, Cobra headlight, Sportster muffler, K+N stock air filter, 152.5 main, Superbrace, oil cooler, 1/2 inch aluminium plate forward controls, spark advance, goes like stink
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #25 - 01/03/11 at 15:47:23

Oldfeller--FSO wrote on 01/03/11 at 11:47:35:
Mick, it was before your time but JohnH updated the list software a while back and it required you to have your interim password sent to your email account of record.

Justin, me and several others got caught out by that as we had changed carriers so we couldn't get to our new interim passwords ..... we were forced to re-register.

You will find Justin'oGuy2 and Oldfeller2 have been list members longer than you have as we both ran them for years & years.   Then JohnH fixed the passwords issue and we were able to log in on our original names and passwords and I have done so pretty much consistently since as it is auto-memorized.

Oldfeller2 has a sterling advantage to me now -- he sees with non-bionic eyes what the normal list members sees.  He could see the issue about the disappearing list while Oldfeller simply saw it sitting there all along.

So get used to seeing him sometimes -- he may be trying to see the things a moderator's bionic eyes can't see.

Whuuuut? You mean I can go back to just bein JOG?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #26 - 01/03/11 at 15:58:59

Yup, unless you misplaced him somewhere or another.   My two heads are both still members in good standing, both the big one and the little one (one just stands a little taller than the other one does).

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
sluggo
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

big singles lead,
twins follow the
pack

moses lake washington
Reply #27 - 01/03/11 at 16:06:01

ive been able to view tall table with explorer, firefox,oprea,safari,msn

do  reset your machine, never knows what will pop up

SINGLES RULE, HARLEYS DROOL

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #28 - 01/03/11 at 20:00:30

Oldfeller--FSO wrote on 01/03/11 at 15:58:59:
Yup, unless you misplaced him somewhere or another.   My two heads are both still members in good standing, both the big one and the little one (one just stands a little taller than the other one does).

I have a neck brace Ill sell ya.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/06/24 at 03:42:52

General CategoryThe Cafe › important topics

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.