Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
So, if not a savage... other bikes? (Read 329 times)
RidgeRunner13
Serious Thumper

haulin' the
groceries!

Mustang Island, Texas
Re: So, if not a savage... other bikes?
Reply #15 - 12/29/10 at 10:17:19

The V-Star 950T, Best mid-size metric cruiser 2 years in a row.

Mine is slightly customized. Cool

Wind me up & watch me run, I ain't never had too much fun!
  IP Logged
LostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #16 - 12/29/10 at 10:53:42

the 950 T is a good bike, I demoed one, but they feel completely different than the Suzuki S series (S-40, S-50, S-83)

the 950 is a couch, a very nice couch but a couch, like a lot of bigger bikes.(everyone will fit different on each bike though, for my weird body of 5'1" height it felt like a recliner) if you want to stay with a more "in the bike" feel, there are only a few options outside of sport bikes, even the Triumph Bonneville has a on the bike feel, but the bonneville feels more like a 10 speed bike (seating position wise) and it rides great.

I'm very happy with my S-50 but if someone wanted it for the right price they could have it. and I'd go looking for an S-83.  Tongue

IP Logged
kimchris1
Serious Thumper

Pink Posse Rider...

Belfair, Washington
Reply #17 - 12/29/10 at 22:33:29

My friend has a V-star 650. Her and her hubby rode their bikes to Stugis this past Aug. He has a HD. She said it made the trip just fine yet not as good as gas mileage with all the luggage as well as the higher speeds they were going. Gas stops every 100 miles.
Her bike didn't have any problems with the wind nor with the speeds on the superslab.. Smiley kim

IP Logged
PerrydaSavage
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Riding "The
Rock"!

Republic of Newfoundland
Reply #18 - 12/30/10 at 02:55:59

If it's a mid-sized Bike that doesn't weigh like a boat anchor that can handle touring duty in reasonable comfort, then Bikes such as the Triumph Bonneville, Moto Guzzi V7 Classic and the Honda Shadow RS, all with a standard, up-right seating position are more than adequate for the task ... just outfit with a shield and some saddlebags and go! for most average folk, the standard seating position is way more comfortable than the feet-forward Cruiser position or the lean forward position of the Sportbike. A friend of mine has an '09 Bonnie, tours on it all day long with no complaint!

Bikes like the Suzuki V-Strom 650 and the Kawasaki Versys (also 650cc) were tailor made for touring duty. I know a few people with these machines who have toured all over north eastern North America and they swear by 'em for comfortable all-round touring duty. A test-sit may be in order for either of these Bikes though, as they are a little tall in the saddle!
Kawi's ER-6N and 650 Ninja might fit in here too ... both 650cc parallel twins, both capable tourers with the addition of some accessories ... Honda's new CB600F fits right in with the 2 previously noted Kawi's as well ...

Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by arseholes!
WWW   IP Logged
jrm8486 FSO X2
Serious Thumper

ride it like you
stole it!

Spring Hill FL.
Reply #19 - 12/30/10 at 05:06:07

Use my Savage for back and forth to work,around 11 miles round trip,only have a solo seat.Me and the misses take our 1300 VTX everywhere else.trip to the Keys was great last april on it.

IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #20 - 12/30/10 at 05:35:48

I know I'm getting a lot older,but When I think about the cruiser bikes I've had, an hour of two of riding and I was ready to call it a nice ride,With the standard bikes I never was ready to get off,Just wanted to keep on riding,Last standard was a 6 cylinder  Gold Wing,Before that Suzuki VX 800.My thoughts today would be the Honda RS 750. chain drive so could be easily gear higher for more relaxed rpm at highway speeds.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
John_D FSO
Serious Thumper

Ridin' and smilin'

Vancouver, WA
Reply #21 - 12/31/10 at 18:07:11

Wow, so many to choose from, I don't know if I could pick just one! Undecided

I've heard good stuff about both the V-Strom and Versys, I'd love to have one.  As far as cruisers go, especially if money was no object, I like either one of the Victory bikes, or the Triumph Thunderbird.

As far as streetbikes, Honda just came out with a CBR250 fuel injected thumper that sounds interesting.  Dunno if it'd haul my slightly over 200 lbs around real good though... Huh

'07 ElectraGlide.
  IP Logged
Stimpy - FSO
Serious Thumper

SuzukisSavage Int'l
Division

Germany - formerly SD, SoCal
Reply #22 - 01/02/11 at 03:58:52

Beatduck is M.I.A. but here is his cross-country tripblog:

http://beatduck.blogspot.com/

---------------------------------------------------------------------
other bikes ...think Kawasaki Vulcan, even the 500cc has the
ninja engine in it with water-cooling, 2 pistons and 6th gear!

the vulcan 500, 650 and 750cc LTDs are low, light, powerful, nice and cheap.

L8r

Recently sold 97'savage (change of residence) - looking to buy another - just bought a temp, a great SR125 called 'methadone'
WWW Stimpy - FSO   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/19/24 at 02:09:28

General CategoryThe Cafe › So, if not a savage... other bikes?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.