Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
I Got a Fuel Guage & Floorboards!! (Read 211 times)
Tanker2Biker

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, TX (north of Houston)
I Got a Fuel Guage & Floorboards!!
12/28/10 at 16:13:04

Of course, I had to get a different bike to get hem.  I have been looking at the Boulevard for a few weeks, and found one I liked, so I bought it today.  It's a 2008 C50 with 7K.  Engine guards, Cobra pipes.  picked it up for $3500.  Did 40 miles home from the dealer, and really enjoyed it.

I have joined a Volusia/Boulevard forum. I'll have to figure out the difference with out looking too dumb).  I can only hope they are as friendly and helpful as the members here have been.  I'm going to keep stopping by here, just to keep up with all the nice folks I have met here.

IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Re: I Got a Fuel Guage & Floorboards!!
Reply #1 - 12/28/10 at 16:37:52

Congrats!  If you mean VolusiaRiders forum, they are how I found this place!  (found them when I got my gremlin bell from one of their moderators).  Nice folks, from what I gather, I don't post there often, but visit occasionally.  You'll be fine.  Just remember, we have several FSO members here, some who even ride Volusia/C50's now, so I hope you stick around.  Best wishes to you.

Sounds like you got a good deal too, be sure to show us a pic!

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
Boule’tard
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Master of the
Obvious

Austin TX
Reply #2 - 12/28/10 at 17:56:05

What a tease, I thought you'd tig-welded a sight glass onto your savage tank or something!  

Ahh well congratulations, sounds like you got a good deal on a sweet ride  Wink

That which can be destroyed by the truth should be. - P.C. Hodgell
  IP Logged
Skid Mark
Serious Thumper

FSO

Calgary, Alberta
Reply #3 - 12/28/10 at 18:19:00

Congrats!!  I have a 2009 C50 and love it. I find it's more comfortable on longer rides. It was a learning experience adjusting to the size and weight, but it's only a matter of time until you become accustom to the new "feel".  T Smileyhe gas gage, trip meter, and clock are really handy to have.

2008 S40 , Windshield, Sigma Cycle Computer, after market backrest & luggage rack, Tkat Fork Brace, saddlebags, 12v power supply, Garmin GPS
'09 C50SE, '09 C90
Shoulda got into this years ago
  IP Logged
kimchris1
Serious Thumper

Pink Posse Rider...

Belfair, Washington
Reply #4 - 12/28/10 at 19:56:49

Congratulations and best of luck with your new ride. When you get time maybe post a pic.
Don't become a stranger as again their are some FSO owners here and we all seem to get along..Smiley kim

IP Logged
RidgeRunner13
Serious Thumper

haulin' the
groceries!

Mustang Island, Texas
Reply #5 - 12/29/10 at 10:11:23

My friend bought an '09 C50 in July of 2009. I bought a V-Star 950T in November 2009. After 11 months of riding together in every kind of conditions, he traded in October for a 950T. Grin

The money he will save on maintenance will make several payments on the new bike. Cool The 950 consistantly got better fuel mileage & requires a valve adjustment at 16,000 miles. No cooling system or driveshaft either. And there are a lot more aftermarket oil filters that fit ,too.

Wind me up & watch me run, I ain't never had too much fun!
  IP Logged
LostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 12/29/10 at 11:58:16

cool!  
good buy man!

I've heard a lot of good things about the C-50, you can check out the intrudersalert.com site, lots of people have c-50's there, but I still hang around here cause it's a bit more civil and less testosturone driven most of the time

IP Logged
Tanker2Biker

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #7 - 12/30/10 at 06:06:08

A couple folks asked for pics of the new bike, so here they are.  It is an '08 with 7K, and Cobra pipes, which I may replace with stock 'cause they are just too D*&# loud. (Don't want the neighbors to lynch me!).  Got a set of OEM hard bags coming in this week-end, and have to decide what windshield I want for it.

An ad for Doc will be going up in the For Sale section later today, when I can find the receipt for the last service to verify all the maint. done.

IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #8 - 12/30/10 at 09:53:23

Tanker, very nice!  Is it actually a C50T or did they just dress up a C50?  (white walls, running boards...)  

Have you tried your feet on the Lindby bars?  I think they look great!  

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
Tanker2Biker

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #9 - 12/30/10 at 10:27:08

babyhog wrote on 12/30/10 at 09:53:23:
Tanker, very nice!  Is it actually a C50T or did they just dress up a C50?  (white walls, running boards...)  

It's a C50.  The T comes with a Sissy Bar and OEM Hard bags.  The C50 comes with running boards.  The whitewalls are new, put on by the previous owner.

IP Logged
LostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #10 - 12/30/10 at 13:19:44

I like the white walls on that bike, with the old school swoopy fenders. . .

IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #11 - 12/30/10 at 16:03:55

Tanker2Biker wrote on 12/30/10 at 10:27:08:
babyhog wrote on 12/30/10 at 09:53:23:

It's a C50.  The T comes with a Sissy Bar and OEM Hard bags.  The C50 comes with running boards.  The whitewalls are new, put on by the previous owner.

I knew the C50 didn't come with white walls, but I didn't think it came stock with running boards either.  Just stock on the C90.  The Sissy Bar and hard bags could easily have been removed by PO.

IP Logged
kimchris1
Serious Thumper

Pink Posse Rider...

Belfair, Washington
Reply #12 - 12/30/10 at 19:43:42

Nice looking ride Tanker. I wish you many thousands of happy miles on it. Thanks for posting the pic... Smiley kim

IP Logged
John_D FSO
Serious Thumper

Ridin' and smilin'

Vancouver, WA
Reply #13 - 12/31/10 at 17:49:05

The newer C50's have boards, not sure when they started. Undecided  The M50's still have pegs.

Sharp looking bike!  The whitewalls look good on it.  I like the look of the Lindby engine guard, how comfy is it to kick your feet up on?  I've been thinking about either one of those, or an engine guard to put highway pegs on.  The thing l like about the Lindby is that it looks like it has a sharper angle at the bottom, so your boards will scrape and warn you well before the guard does (not a good thing to do that!).

I've thought about switching to aftermarket pipes, but ended up drilling mine a little.  A little more noise than stock, without being obnoxious, and best of all, it's free! Cheesy

'07 ElectraGlide.
  IP Logged
Stimpy - FSO
Serious Thumper

SuzukisSavage Int'l
Division

Germany - formerly SD, SoCal
Reply #14 - 01/02/11 at 03:53:18

Nice bikes tanker!

...what about the white-walls?
what brand/model/size are those?
I really like the look!

Recently sold 97'savage (change of residence) - looking to buy another - just bought a temp, a great SR125 called 'methadone'
WWW Stimpy - FSO   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/19/24 at 05:21:03

General CategoryThe Cafe › I Got a Fuel Guage & Floorboards!!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.