Send Topic Print
census (Read 79 times)
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

census
12/22/10 at 05:44:05

As one commentary writer stated, the release of the census data is Christmas come early for those who like to pick apart data.
Michigan was the only state to loss population, Nevada and Texas gained big time, immigration growth slowed, Northeast, Midwest and Great Plains are growing older (fewer babies) while Southwest is adding babies which means its growth will continue with or without immigration.

IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Re: census
Reply #1 - 12/22/10 at 06:14:04

Heard that on the news this morning.  I was thinking... I don't remember filling out the form 10 years ago, like the one I filled out earlier this year (or whenever it was).  It was all over the tv, "fill it out or they will come to your door..." kinda stuff.  Do you think maybe they are just getting more accurate counts than ever berfore?

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2 - 12/22/10 at 06:32:28

they went to strictly a short form in 2010 so yes,  they probably got more replies. plus they use an outside source to continually gather data.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #3 - 12/22/10 at 07:57:00

I didnt get what I call a short form. I got a bunch of questions, I only answered the one they have a legal right to ask, tho. Then, they sent someone out, & thats the only answer I gave her,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #4 - 12/22/10 at 08:29:31

you should have gotten a 10 question form. if it was more, it was from the company the US government hired.
I thought it over for a long time and eventually answered all only because i really enjoy studying demographics which relies on data.
but i understand people holding back info.

IP Logged
Boule’tard
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Master of the
Obvious

Austin TX
Reply #5 - 12/22/10 at 08:41:10

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 12/22/10 at 07:57:00:
I didnt get what I call a short form. I got a bunch of questions, I only answered the one they have a legal right to ask, tho. Then, they sent someone out, & thats the only answer I gave her,

Heh heh.  I had almost the same experience, received a couple of pages of questions they expected me to sit down and fill out.  If it was "10 questions" then they were extended multi-part questions, way more than 10 questions worth of annoyance.  I filled in the only info they have any business asking: "..number of occupants..3." and sent it in.   They sent an ol' grandma to my house, you know, a sweet old lady you could not possibly be rude to, to ask me the questions.  The interview seemed shorter than what was on the form.

That which can be destroyed by the truth should be. - P.C. Hodgell
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/17/24 at 23:05:14

General CategoryThe Cafe › census

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.