ModSquad

big singles lead,
twins follow the
pack

moses lake washington
Cafe posting
12/17/10 at 16:19:02

PerrydaSavage wrote on 12/17/10 at 11:35:11:
Thanks for the interesting links! It amazes me that in a country with the massive and growing population that China has, not to mention the red hot economy that there would even be ONE vacant apartment, let alone whole vacant cities!!!!!

The photo expose of Chernobyl was surreal ... and totally fascinating! Have been interested in that event and area ever since the nuclear accident in 1986.

Check out http://www.kiddofspeed.com/ for Ukrainian photojournalist and motorcyclists Ride thru the Chernobyl area.

now thats the way to turn the post motorcycle related.  
lets keep it that way.  

i could give a rats arse what the chineese are doing.

« Last Edit: 12/18/10 at 12:55:17 by verslagen1 »  

SINGLES RULE, HARLEYS DROOL

IP Logged
mick
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Hell-bound

Dayton Oregon
Re: Ghost cities of China
Reply #1 - 12/17/10 at 23:19:30

Sluggo you mods must stop contradicting yourselves, didn't a moderator start this post ?
I thought the cafe was just about any subject except, Politics and religion, and name calling and generaly being polite, I think we all pretty much adhere to the rules with the odd slip up.
just my 2 cents worth.

Science and Logic fly you to the moon,
Religion makes you fly into skyscrapers
mickrowe37   IP Logged
sluggo
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

big singles lead,
twins follow the
pack

moses lake washington
Reply #2 - 12/18/10 at 01:28:17

I believe the guidelines are quite clear on the matter.  yes we can wander off the path on occasion but to keep it moter cyle related.
yet it seem that the cafe has become another chat room not motorcycle related.  there are other places to discuss most of these posts.  tall table is one of them.

feel free to re read them if you wish.   as far as a moderator starting the thread well   thats a whole nother matter but please don't group us all together as one.

yes i was away for some time and thing have gotten of path, it's time to get it back on track.

SINGLES RULE, HARLEYS DROOL

IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #3 - 12/18/10 at 05:47:37

I don't even read the tall table because I thought it was basically politics.  

Just my two cents, but its winter time for most of us and motorcycling is mostly out... if we must always talk motorcycles, I think the forum will basically die... due to lack of posts...

How about a whole new "section" for non-motorcycle related stuff?

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
12Bravo
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mid-Missouri
Reply #4 - 12/18/10 at 06:32:12

babyhog wrote on 12/18/10 at 05:47:37:

Sounds like an idea to look into.

No Child Should Live In Fear!!!
'Keepers of the children'
http://www.bacaworld.org

IP Logged
photojoe FSO
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

I did warn you to
brace yourself

New Jersey
Reply #5 - 12/18/10 at 06:35:22

sluggo wrote on 12/18/10 at 01:28:17:
I believe the guidelines are quite clear on the matter.  yes we can wander off the path on occasion but to keep it moter cyle related.
yet it seem that the cafe has become another chat room not motorcycle related.  there are other places to discuss most of these posts.  tall table is one of them.

feel free to re read them if you wish.   as far as a moderator starting the thread well   thats a whole nother matter but please don't group us all together as one.

yes i was away for some time and thing have gotten of path, it's time to get it back on track.

The tall table isn't tall enough for all of the non-bike related posts. It was created for use as a sort of political minefield. It was needed and is serving it's purpose.

BH makes a good point. There is a need for at least one sub-forum for non-bike related discussions. Every other forum I belong to has at least one of these "anything goes" types of sub-forums. It helps keep our society going during off times, and it's a good way to socialize. Think of it more for camaraderie than anything else.

FSO
  IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #6 - 12/18/10 at 06:46:21

I think there to many now.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
mick
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Hell-bound

Dayton Oregon
Reply #7 - 12/18/10 at 10:11:50

how about calling it "The Speakeasy"

mickrowe37   IP Logged
photojoe FSO
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

I did warn you to
brace yourself

New Jersey
Reply #8 - 12/18/10 at 11:44:17

mick wrote on 12/18/10 at 10:11:50:
how about calling it "The Speakeasy"

Sounds good to me.

We can get rid of the Political Compass or the map of Savage Riders since they're no longer being used, or have become inactive for a good period of time. They've run their course.

FSO
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Re: Cafe posting
Reply #9 - 12/18/10 at 12:57:17

One hell of a highjack guys, go ahead, discuss it to your hearts content.

WWW   IP Logged
mornhm - FSO
Serious Thumper

HMMM

Reply #10 - 12/19/10 at 07:05:42

babyhog wrote on 12/18/10 at 05:47:37:
I don't even read the tall table because I thought it was basically politics.  

Just my two cents, but its winter time for most of us and motorcycling is mostly out... if we must always talk motorcycles, I think the forum will basically die... due to lack of posts...

This has been suggested a couple of times to no avail. Good luck this time.

IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #11 - 12/19/10 at 08:05:50

The cafe is for posting about almost anything.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
Lupo

Reply #12 - 12/19/10 at 09:15:01

bill67 wrote on 12/19/10 at 08:05:50:

This seems the way the forum heads. At various times I've tried to stimulate some motorcycle conversation and after little or no response the threads die. On the other hand, post a Happy Veterans Day or Season Greeting and the conversation becomes page after page of vile crap about how foolish anyone is to believe other then the beliefs of a few dominant posters here. I even received a hateful slang word directed at me because of a disabled child I have. Why do I continue to even view the forums here? Because I'm not a coward like the few that hide behind a keyboard and most here are mutually enthusiastic motorcyclists who are interesting when not drowned in vile crap. Sometime I'll post how I really feel
Grin Grin

IP Logged
mick
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Hell-bound

Dayton Oregon
Reply #13 - 12/19/10 at 09:25:34

Lupo wrote on 12/19/10 at 09:15:01:
bill67 wrote on 12/19/10 at 08:05:50:

This seems the way the forum heads. At various times I've tried to stimulate some motorcycle conversation and after little or no response the threads die. On the other hand, post a Happy Veterans Day or Season Greeting and the conversation becomes page after page of vile crap about how foolish anyone is to believe other then the beliefs of a few dominant posters here. I even received a hateful slang word directed at me because of a disabled child I have. Why do I continue to even view the forums here? Because I'm not a coward like the few that hide behind a keyboard and most here are mutually enthusiastic motorcyclists who are interesting when not drowned in vile crap. Sometime I'll post how I really feel
Grin Grin

good idea Lupo,don't hold back,let it all out.
So how ya been ? haven't seen you post in a few days.
Keep posting motorcycling stuff I do like that the best , but I do wander up to the tall table for some political stuff, and my favorite ,Religion. watch your PM.

mickrowe37   IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #14 - 12/19/10 at 09:25:38

Bill is actually fairly close, but there were some exceptions taken by Savage Rob in the latest (2008) write up of the Cafe Rules.  

Political, religious and personal attacks seem to be the thrust of the restrictions.   The "mostly motorcycle" was much more loosely stated.

I think that over time that the Tall Table and Mostly Political were added to give people a place to do stuff that would break the PG rating of the Cafe and possibly upset the gentler minded folks.  

The intent seems to have been that they would keep the nasty stuff in the special threads 100% of the time and not ever leak any of it out into the Cafe proper.

Problem as it exists right now seems to center around a few people who are hijacking threads and interjecting a religious or a political rant or two where it wasn't asked for.

This is sad, but it is what has caused some of the moderators starting taking a harder line on things.

Personally, I like the Speakeasy idea, but the problem that exists with the Speakeasy idea is some folks view the list through the "Last 10 Posts" method and they would get the R rated output of the Speakeasy right along with the normal PG flow from the rest of the list -- and if you view this stuff at work a single dirty joke or a scantily clad girl could get you into big trouble.  

So, if you did the Speakeasy thing it might require turning off the "Last 10 Posts" method and I am not sure you can even really do that.

I also would note that the Tall Table and Mostly Political have given the same heartache to the "Last 10 Posts" people for years now but I don't remember hearing them complain about it ..... (at least not loudly).

So, here are the current rules for the place so if you are going to discuss it please at least talk to what the current rules currently really are, not what you might remember them to be (or you might think they should be).

Please, let's try to figure out something to allow everyone to get what they want, and respect those who want something less (or something more) than you might want.   The only solution to this issue is finding a way that is win-win for everybody involved.

Is there a way that permits "everybody gets to play"?              (and nicely too)

==========================

CURRENT CAFE RULES

Hope you enjoy this forum. Almost anything goes here with the following guidelines:

* Must be work appropriate -- be kind to your fellow members and don't post stuff that would get someone in trouble if they had it open at work.
  * Keep the MAJORITY of stuff in here motorcycle related but some other stuff is ok.  However, highly divisive topics (including, but not limited to politics and religion) are to be avoided.  The current divisiveness is counterproductive to the community of this site and such posts/threads will be subject to removal.
   *Personal attacks of any kind will not be tolerated.

Bring your own coffee and happy gabbing at the Cafe...   Grin

Here's the tough one:

UNLESS YOU POST IN THIS THREAD THAT YOU WILL ABIDE BY THE GUIDLINES YOUR POSTS WILL BE DELETED!

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/17/24 at 21:43:40

General CategoryThe Cafe › Cafe posting

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.