Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
going to test drive a Suzuki S-83 (Read 268 times)
LostArtist
Ex Member

Re: going to test drive a Suzuki S-83
Reply #15 - 12/17/10 at 11:42:53

LANCER wrote on 12/17/10 at 08:08:40:
I did not see the milage listed but perhaps just missed it.
but $2900 ...  ? ?  dang, that pert cheap for 2 Savage cylinders on one bike !

I like the S83 because it has the cubes and weighs way less than any HD of the same size.

For that size engine, it is compact, light, and runs like a bat outta hell.

yup

it has about 10000 miles on it

they also have it on ebay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300504626449&vi...

IP Logged
LostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #16 - 12/17/10 at 12:36:21

so now they are saying their liability insurance doesn't allow test rides, so, now I"m not sure I'm interested, which pisses me off cause I just spent 40 mins putting on the corbin seat to up the value of my trade in. . . .

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #17 - 12/17/10 at 12:43:13

Call your insurance agent.

Mine told me I'm covered for similar bikes.

Might be a jump for a savage to a S83, but worth a try.

Check the increased value for the corbin.  I would think you'd get more for it in the flea market.

WWW   IP Logged
LostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #18 - 12/17/10 at 12:52:51

verslagen1 wrote on 12/17/10 at 12:43:13:
Call your insurance agent.

Mine told me I'm covered for similar bikes.

Might be a jump for a savage to a S83, but worth a try.

Check the increased value for the corbin.  I would think you'd get more for it in the flea market.

I currently ride an s-50, thanks, the insurance thing might be worth looking into, yeah I'd definitely like to sell the corbin seat, was hoping to get  longish ride in on the stock seat to see how it felt before selling the corbin, but the corbin is very supportive but not much padding, the stock is the opposite, I like the padding . . .

IP Logged
mick
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Hell-bound

Dayton Oregon
Reply #19 - 12/17/10 at 21:34:45

LostArtist wrote on 12/17/10 at 12:36:21:
so now they are saying their liability insurance doesn't allow test rides, so, now I"m not sure I'm interested, which pisses me off cause I just spent 40 mins putting on the corbin seat to up the value of my trade in. . . .  

I don't think the corbin seat will ad to the value,if you have the origional that would work better. There are very few dealers who give test rides ,when I got my Savage the guy took me for a ride, and the ninja was brand new nothing much wrong with a new bike.
Do you have a Lemon law were you live ? Are you financing ? if so you can buy it and if you don't like it,take it back,I think you have 36 hours,make sure you get that in writting,he he doesn't want to do that,tell him to put the bike where the sun don't shine.

Science and Logic fly you to the moon,
Religion makes you fly into skyscrapers
mickrowe37   IP Logged
kimchris1
Serious Thumper

Pink Posse Rider...

Belfair, Washington
Reply #20 - 12/17/10 at 21:43:56

Myself I won't buy a bike if I can't test ride it first. When I bought Genie they checked for insurance and said being I had riding experience I could test ride her. I had called ahead of time though to make sure.
As long as your insurance will cover the bike should their be any mishaps then their shouldn't be any problems. Then again different dealerships have different policies.
Best of luck.. Smiley kim

IP Logged
BurnPgh
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #21 - 12/18/10 at 10:29:59

Nearest dealership to me does it like this....you sign the papers, get FULL insurance, and make the first months payment for the bike. If you decide you dont like it before the next monthly payment is due(30 days) you just bring it back and get your first months payment refunded or transfered to a different bike which you then have an additional 30 days to test ride. IIRC they'll let you do this 3 times before youre just SOL and stuck with a bike you may not like.

IP Logged
Boofer
Serious Thumper

Nearly too old.

N Ms
Reply #22 - 12/18/10 at 19:04:45

What's the worst that could happen? It's not like you're trying out a unicycle. Grin

2001 Black, Spitfire windshield, Headlight upgrade, Sissy rack, Tool bag, Fork bag, Harley muffler, Memory foam seat, Crash bars. Hwy pegs, Raptor.
  IP Logged
LostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #23 - 12/20/10 at 10:15:14

couldn't get myself to do it, too much money for me to spend right now. . .  and I have a perfectly good S-50, runs well, no dents, and I trust it.  don't wanna trade that away

feels like a missed opportunity though

IP Logged
mick
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Hell-bound

Dayton Oregon
Reply #24 - 12/20/10 at 12:25:11

LostArtist wrote on 12/20/10 at 10:15:14:
couldn't get myself to do it, too much money for me to spend right now. . .  and I have a perfectly good S-50, runs well, no dents, and I trust it.  don't wanna trade that away

feels like a missed opportunity though

or you could say "you were just not meant to have it" everything happened to steer you away from that bike,it just wasn't meant to be.
Look at it thatway and you will feel better.

Science and Logic fly you to the moon,
Religion makes you fly into skyscrapers
mickrowe37   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/18/24 at 00:26:40

General CategoryThe Cafe › going to test drive a Suzuki S-83

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.