Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Increased Alternator Output (more juice) (Read 1323 times)
mpescatori
Serious Thumper

Romanum Thumperium
Cavalco, yeaaah !!!

Rome, Italy
Re: Increased Alternator Output (more juice)
Reply #15 - 08/31/11 at 05:20:01

MMRanch wrote on 08/22/11 at 20:05:21:
just short trips (6 mile round ) my battery slowlly goes down.   It seem it takes more to start it that gets replaced.  

To solve the problem I put a 18 watt yellow light in the headlight on a switch to replace the low beam  (day-light running light).   I switch back to regular after dark.  

Whats that about a HID headlight ?   What kind of watt saving is that?

O yea  Also did the LED tail/brake light.

Smiley

Interesting !

How did you go about fitting the 18W yellow light ?
I have a pair of 35/60W 5" headl;amps, which I would like to fit replacing the single original, but your idea is quite interesting...

Maurizio Pescatori, Esq.
Gentleman Rider

Mikuni BST40, K&N filter, Stage2 cam, Verslagen tensioner, Sportster muff, 120 proof moonshine, Pirelli MT 66 tourers... and a chain conversion too !
mpescatori   IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Re: Increased Alternator Output (more juice)
Reply #16 - 09/01/11 at 07:38:34

I  cut a hole in the reflector and mounted a single filimint standard bulb in it.   Mounted it below the regular bulb.  In hine-sight I should have used a smaller bulb.   But it works fine.   I'll take a picture next time I take it out.   The Yellow matches the trun signal running lights, I'll picture that too.

Got the idea from a China  (Roketa 200)  dirt/ street bike.   It had a kinda parking light mounted in the headlight reflector.

I think I'll take a picture to day when it get to hot to work outside .

Smiley

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/18/24 at 15:08:48

General CategoryTechnical Documents/Reference › Increased Alternator Output (more juice)

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.