Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
So Long... (Read 181 times)
Yellow96

So Long...
12/06/10 at 10:39:32

A couple of years ago when gas was like $40 a gallon, I decided to get my first bike and stick it to the man.  Picked up a 96 Savage w/about 10k miles minors mods etc.  

I found this forum and you guys taught me a bunch of stuff.  Dyna lowrider pipe, carb tuning etc and really got the bike dialed in for daily driver duty.

Drove that thing to work and back for about 2 years through summer and winters, sometimes rain, mostly shine.  Great bike and just what I needed at the time.

Gas prices fell, I retired from the military and ended up getting a used Vette... Shocked

Needless to say the Savage ended up sitting in the garage quite a bit and then got shoved outside due to all of the junk I need to get rid of.

Anyway, can't stand to see her set and deteriorate so it's time to find a new home.

Thanks to all of those who helped me get moving on the bike, I'll pass along the site to the next lucky owner.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: So Long...
Reply #1 - 12/06/10 at 11:21:14

You might wanna hold onto it. Gas is going WAY up. Bet on 125+ a barrel for oil in a year.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
mick
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Hell-bound

Dayton Oregon
Reply #2 - 12/06/10 at 18:46:12

Yelow 96, you don't have to leave you know we have quite a few FSO
former savage owners, so keep in touch,and how about a pic of the corvette ? Good luck what ever you decide.

Science and Logic fly you to the moon,
Religion makes you fly into skyscrapers
mickrowe37   IP Logged
Yellow96

Reply #3 - 12/07/10 at 04:59:00

Thanks, I'll bet i'll still be lurking around.  Especially love looking at all of the creative modding that goes on around here.  Smiley  Very much like the Vette crowd too.

Here is the vette I picked up.  It's an 03 low miles, red interior, lots of fun.

I'll put it up a for sale here on the forum first incase someone here is looking for a low miles, mild custom.

IP Logged
splash07
Serious Thumper

Charleston, SC
Reply #4 - 12/07/10 at 07:08:27

Nice vette brother, I bet that red on white combo really pops. Definitely hang around, who knows you may end up back in the saddle one of these days.

IP Logged
kimchris1
Serious Thumper

Pink Posse Rider...

Belfair, Washington
Reply #5 - 12/07/10 at 07:15:29

Nce looking vette. I hate to hear of you selling your bike though. Myself I would keep it and then you have 2 very nice means of transportation.
Yet you will do what you feel is best for you and with that I wish you all the best.. Hugs.. kim Smiley

IP Logged
Yellow96

Reply #6 - 12/07/10 at 09:55:09

I really would keep them both but the vette needs a top and the town I live in has been pretty deadly to riders in the last few years.  It has just gotten so crazy with riders being hit in broad daylight by people who just don't pay attention.

Got a wife and 3 youngins' at home.

I'll be around though, great forum!

IP Logged
Boofer
Serious Thumper

Nearly too old.

N Ms
Reply #7 - 12/07/10 at 18:17:25

A wife and three youngins'? You're in minivan territory.  Grin

2001 Black, Spitfire windshield, Headlight upgrade, Sissy rack, Tool bag, Fork bag, Harley muffler, Memory foam seat, Crash bars. Hwy pegs, Raptor.
  IP Logged
Yellow96

Reply #8 - 12/08/10 at 04:25:45

Boofer wrote on 12/07/10 at 18:17:25:

Got a big ol suburban... Roll Eyes

IP Logged
EJID
Serious Thumper

Work to ride and
ride to work.

Pocatello, ID
Reply #9 - 12/08/10 at 13:31:27

Boofer wrote on 12/07/10 at 18:17:25:

I believe I resemble that remark as well, wife and five youngins. Not only do we have the obligatory minivan, but we've got a Tahoe that seats nine as well. Still my favorite to drive is the S40! I try to find time to ride it between all the kiddos appointments/games/etc but sometimes it sits in the garage for a week at a time  Sad

Anyways, nice looking car and I can see why the Savage would have to get rolled outside.

05 S40 15" Memphis Slim, FXDWG Bars, Moved Rear Signals, Saddlebags, Fork Bag, Mini-Tach, Raptor, Cone Filter, Fishtail Muffler, Mix Screw Out 2.5 Turns, 4" Fwd Controls, 147.5 Main/55 Pilot @ 4500
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #10 - 12/08/10 at 22:08:14

Still my favorite to drive is the S40

Well, Duuuh,

How many kids you hafta haul to ride the bike?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Yellow96

Reply #11 - 12/09/10 at 05:44:53

Ahhh, you guys are killin me...sittin here thinking I might need to take a ride tonight.  I guess I could do it just to keep the battery fresh... Grin

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/18/24 at 01:27:41

General CategoryThe Cafe › So Long...

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.