Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Kalashna Kitty, from
Skat

Ponzer, NC
Re: Got another Savage
Reply #30 - 12/03/10 at 06:02:17

You want a gun picture?

2006, HD pipe, Tkat fork brace, elkhide handgrips, gel seat w/riser, silverblue, Ed L's forward controls, Wristwatch, biblethumper650@gmail.com
prechermike   IP Logged
photojoe FSO
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

I did warn you to
brace yourself

New Jersey
Reply #31 - 12/03/10 at 06:16:34

You're the man Mike!
My (Dad's) model 10:

FSO
  IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #32 - 12/03/10 at 09:19:19

Yea, pics are nice!!  Joe, that service revolver is awesome.  Insure it and keep it safe!  Very special.

Mike, was that this year?  Nice buck.  What caliber?  Good looking gun.

Here's the little H&R 32 I got from my Dad.  He never shot and wasn't a big gun person.  I was amazed he even had one.  But he kept it in his nightstand drawer, just in case.  Now its in my nightstand drawer.  I know its not an expensive, or great gun, but I still love it....

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #33 - 12/03/10 at 10:05:00

I have a 410 0ver and Under one of the barrels is slightly larger than the other is that for slugs,I E-mailed the company and got no reply. Its a Traditions by Fausti made is Italy,Its not a high price gun but nice looking. I have a Pardners long barrel 410 which I have shot slugs in.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
photojoe FSO
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

I did warn you to
brace yourself

New Jersey
Reply #34 - 12/03/10 at 10:08:51

Your HR is in wonderful condition BH. These guns are worth more than any $$$ amount to us. I have Dad's holster as well, in almost the same condition as yours.

My Ruger P90 is like an old ford pickup truck. Built like a tank and just as reliable:

Shar's Model 19:

My Ruger P95 with over 5000 rds through it without a hiccup:

FSO
  IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #35 - 12/03/10 at 10:53:29

Wow, all 3 of those are major beauties!  Hubby will be jealous... I know I am   Wink

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
prechermike
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Kalashna Kitty, from
Skat

Ponzer, NC
Reply #36 - 12/03/10 at 11:27:34

Babyhog,

Thanks, yep this year's deer.  That is it so far, my son missed a big doe eariler this week.  I did not rub it in too much. Wink

The rifle is a remington 760 Gamemaster, caliber is 30-06.  According to the date code on the barrell, manufactured in March 1975.  I bought it used about 1989, put the scope on it and shot it ever since.  I am very pleased with that rifle, used it on a pile of deer over the years.  I have taken it with me rain, shine, snow or blow and it does not let me down.

I also have a colt new 32 police postive.  It was my uncle's service gun, he was a detective in the small town I live in now.  I had a guy look at it and he said it was in collector's condition.  It is a really nice looking gun and the holster looks like the day it was bought.  I am amazed that the humdity here did not get to it.

Joe, those are neat pictures, I guess you took them yourself.  Maybe I need to try my hand at some of those.  My son and I would be amused anyway.

2006, HD pipe, Tkat fork brace, elkhide handgrips, gel seat w/riser, silverblue, Ed L's forward controls, Wristwatch, biblethumper650@gmail.com
prechermike   IP Logged
photojoe FSO
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

I did warn you to
brace yourself

New Jersey
Reply #37 - 12/03/10 at 11:42:05

babyhog wrote on 12/03/10 at 10:53:29:
Wow, all 3 of those are major beauties!  Hubby will be jealous... I know I am   Wink

You have a beautiful long gun collection there, I'm the jealous one Wink

FSO
  IP Logged
photojoe FSO
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

I did warn you to
brace yourself

New Jersey
Reply #38 - 12/03/10 at 11:45:19

prechermike wrote on 12/03/10 at 11:27:34:
Joe, those are neat pictures, I guess you took them yourself.  Maybe I need to try my hand at some of those.  My son and I would be amused anyway.

Thanks Mike. I was shooting them for my insurance policy, so I figured I'd play a little. Made me want to get better at photographing guns. I've been looking at the photos in gun magazines, and I know I have a long way to go. I'm going to try and shoot them on marble, wood and stuff I can find around the house next time.

FSO
  IP Logged
prechermike
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Kalashna Kitty, from
Skat

Ponzer, NC
Reply #39 - 12/03/10 at 11:49:32

photojoe FSO wrote on 12/03/10 at 11:45:19:
prechermike wrote on 12/03/10 at 11:27:34:

Thanks Mike. I was shooting them for my insurance policy, so I figured I'd play a little. Made me want to get better at photographing guns. I've been looking at the photos in gun magazines, and I know I have a long way to go. I'm going to try and shoot them on marble, wood and stuff I can find around the house next time.

Joe,  I thought about the insurance thing when I saw those pictures.  I have the serial numbers written down, maybe I could actually find them if I needed them.  But the pictures would make a good thing to go along as well.  Hmmm, maybe, ....

prechermike   IP Logged
mick
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Hell-bound

Dayton Oregon
Reply #40 - 12/03/10 at 15:12:20

I was wondering if we should rename this site .
The "Savage Gun and Bike Club" shoot em in the Winter ,ride em in the summer. ??

Science and Logic fly you to the moon,
Religion makes you fly into skyscrapers
mickrowe37   IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #41 - 12/05/10 at 06:27:08

Thanks joe. The pics I posted were from my file of ones we took just for our records.  Should probably send them to insurance.  I took the pics without serial numbers, then copied the entire folder of pics, and added the serial numbers, models, etc, to one set with just a little text box edit.  Quick, low tech way, haha.  Have copies in a few places, both computers at home, work computer, and on disk.  Guess I need to add my new rifle.

Hunting was not good yesterday.  We sat the entire day and didn't see a single deer.  Several turkeys, squirrels and crows, but no deer.  It was about 30 degrees all day, we sat in a blind with a little Mr. Heater, so it was bearable.  It started flurrying around noon, then hard around 2:00.  By dusk we had a nice heavy coating of snow.  Very disappointed, but it was still a good day!    

IP Logged
buttgoat1
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #42 - 12/06/10 at 09:41:47

stinger wrote on 12/03/10 at 00:07:22:
or you can just staple the paper plate to the deer

My dad used to ask the hunt club if they wanted him to tie up the deer for em, since they didn't always do very well in bringing them back on their own, guess he coulda kept the stpler in his pocket while he was at it.

I was out checking the fences last week and saw a buck with a pretty good size rack, might get me out in the woods after him.  I did pick up a TC muzzleloader this weekend at the gunshow, just gotta see if it shoots now! mebbe a twofer...

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/17/24 at 21:05:09

General CategoryThe Cafe › Got another Savage

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.