babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Got another Savage
12/01/10 at 08:16:02

This one happens to be a Savage rifle though.  Savage Edge 223.  I'm gonna get me a deer this weekend.  Smiley

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
lukeduck

"Come to terms
with the ass that
bears you"

Ontario, Ca.
Re: Got another Savage
Reply #1 - 12/01/10 at 08:30:53

You now be one savage lady. Best of luck on the hunt. Bag a Bambi, save a rider. Not to mention alot of good eating. Venison on the grill for Christmas dinner?. Good hunting---Luke

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #2 - 12/01/10 at 08:50:28

I gots me one of the previous generation of the low cost Savages, the Stevens 7mm-08.   It is a fine shooting thing, should be it was reworked by one of the old school gun gun tuners to be equal to or better than Savage's best current offering.   The trigger is especially fine after the rework, clearly better trigger break action than a current Savage Accutrigger.  

There is a detailed how-to rework those particular guns posted out on the net if you have any interest -- PM and I'll shoot you a link.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
buttgoat1
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #3 - 12/01/10 at 09:19:58

Savages are good rifles.
my dad's favorite varmint rifle was a Savage in .222
real tackdriver

I passed up a model 24 at a gunshow and am wishing I hadn't.

I like the uniqueness of a breakopen double barrel with a .223 over a 20 guage.  This is more of a turkey gun though.

IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #4 - 12/01/10 at 09:23:43

OF, this one doesn't have the Accutrigger.  So you didn't like it?  All I read was raves about it.  Haven't gotten to shoot this one yet, hopefully it quits raining enough to sight in this evening.  I might just ask you about that info if I don't like it after shooting.  Thanks

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
Boule’tard
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Master of the
Obvious

Austin TX
Reply #5 - 12/01/10 at 10:06:36

It's hard to beat a Savage for value (both the gun and bike)  Smiley  

A co-worker bought a Savage 30-06 from Walmart, a rifle/scope package deal for less than $250, and we could consistently hit soda cans at 100 yards with it.  I think their .223 will be that good or better.

Have fun on the deer hunt.  My sister is doing the same this season, but with a 270.

That which can be destroyed by the truth should be. - P.C. Hodgell
  IP Logged
sluggo
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

big singles lead,
twins follow the
pack

moses lake washington
Reply #6 - 12/01/10 at 13:08:10

i have a russian sniper rifle   sweet  under a hundred buck at big 5.

nasty little shooter.

venicen for christmas   count me in.

SINGLES RULE, HARLEYS DROOL

IP Logged
photojoe FSO
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

I did warn you to
brace yourself

New Jersey
Reply #7 - 12/01/10 at 14:49:57

Congrats on your new acquisition BH! We've acquired a few new guns in the last couple of months. Shar bought a beautiful Smith and Wesson .357 Combat Magnum recently. What a sweet gun, and my favorite one in the house so far. We got back from the range a couple of hours ago, and she brought home a Nickel S&W Model 10-6. Her taste in revolvers is another reason why I love that woman Wink

FSO
  IP Logged
Ed L.
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

"We All go a
Little Crazy
Sometimes"
Norman Bates

Sunny Florida
Reply #8 - 12/01/10 at 18:29:25

I've got my dad's pump action 22 Savage. I think it is a model 1914 with the octagon barrel. It can still hit a soda can at 50 yards with open sites, gotta love a Savage. Luck with hunting, I do love Bambie Burgers over an open grill.

Silver '02, clubman handle bars, Cobra headlight, Sportster muffler, K+N stock air filter, 152.5 main, Superbrace, oil cooler, 1/2 inch aluminium plate forward controls, spark advance, goes like stink
  IP Logged
stinger
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #9 - 12/02/10 at 01:20:16

I have 2 Stayer Manlicker 30-06 sniper rifles with floating barrels and 2 triggers. Both have 9 power variable gas scopes. My 300 Savage, which was a accurate enough gun to be used as a sniper rifle in a couple of wars, acutally outshoots the Stayers.

IP Logged
John_D FSO
Serious Thumper

Ridin' and smilin'

Vancouver, WA
Reply #10 - 12/02/10 at 04:56:00

sluggo wrote on 12/01/10 at 13:08:10:
i have a russian sniper rifle   sweet  under a hundred buck at big 5.

nasty little shooter.

venicen for christmas   count me in.

Are those the Mosin-Nagant (or however it's spelled) that they're always having on sale?  I've thought a few times about picking one up.  Can't beat the price at $90, but never new anyone who had one to say whether it was good or not.

Stinger:  I've got an old .300 Savage lever-action I got from a friend.  Haven't gotten around to shooting it, since the open sights are removed, and I haven't gotten around to getting a good scope for it.  Ordered bigger saddlebags for the bike instead. Roll Eyes

'07 ElectraGlide.
  IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #11 - 12/02/10 at 05:04:34

I knew we had alot of gun lovers around here!  My hubby has several rifles, shotguns, pistols.  He showed me a quarter that he shot a hole clean through at 100 yds with a .222.  I'm learning to love them.  I inherited a revolver from my Dad when he died, so its special to me.  Always liked shooting the pistols, but never had the urge to hunt with a rifle until this year, so I hope this isn't some expensive bug I've caught!  lol  

IP Logged
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Reply #12 - 12/02/10 at 05:10:26

Ed L. wrote on 12/01/10 at 18:29:25:
I've got my dad's pump action 22 Savage. I think it is a model 1914 with the octagon barrel. It can still hit a soda can at 50 yards with open sites, gotta love a Savage. Luck with hunting, I do love Bambie Burgers over an open grill.

My dad had a savage pump 22. When I was8 years old he decided I should learn how to shoot it. We joined a local gun club, but I was awful. The running joke was " he's shooting again- quick- hide behind the target!". At one point Dad thought it was because the rifle was too heavy with all the bullets in it so he tried to teach me how to breach lode it- I promptly got my little finger stuck in the breach. Then he found out I needed glasses. Grin

white '07, Raask exh, Corbin seat, slipstreamer shie, Raptor, Routy's fwd controls, Baron tach, Frisco bars, Isogrips, Headlight and taillight modulators, Dial-a- jet, AME 9 deg chop kit, K&N air flt
  IP Logged
photojoe FSO
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

I did warn you to
brace yourself

New Jersey
Reply #13 - 12/02/10 at 06:30:56

babyhog wrote on 12/02/10 at 05:04:34:
I knew we had alot of gun lovers around here!  My hubby has several rifles, shotguns, pistols.  He showed me a quarter that he shot a hole clean through at 100 yds with a .222.  I'm learning to love them.  I inherited a revolver from my Dad when he died, so its special to me.  Always liked shooting the pistols, but never had the urge to hunt with a rifle until this year, so I hope this isn't some expensive bug I've caught!  lol  

I inherited my Dad's NYPD Service revolver. I know what you mean about it being something special. Being that it's 50 years old, and it shows, makes it more so.
Yes, you will probably buy more rifles/handguns. Buy a bigger safe Wink

FSO
  IP Logged
12Bravo
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mid-Missouri
Reply #14 - 12/02/10 at 07:18:20

I have to either get a trailer to pull behind the bike or take the cage when I go to the shooting range.  Cheesy

No Child Should Live In Fear!!!
'Keepers of the children'
http://www.bacaworld.org

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/18/24 at 01:04:55

General CategoryThe Cafe › Got another Savage

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!