I really miss her (Read 352 times)
mick
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Hell-bound

Dayton Oregon
I really miss her
11/27/10 at 12:38:58

my little ninja,I hope she went to a good home.

Science and Logic fly you to the moon,
Religion makes you fly into skyscrapers
mickrowe37   IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Re: I really miss her
Reply #1 - 11/27/10 at 12:56:50

Her spirit morphed into a 4 wheeled, red, chick-magnet... Wink...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
mick
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Hell-bound

Dayton Oregon
Reply #2 - 11/27/10 at 18:29:54

You are very kind mate, as much as I love my Miata,I was having so much fun on that ninja, I mean look at it that little bugger,it could go from the street to the race track, in 5 minutes, just a few little mods and you got a ton up little racer , boo hoo boo hoo,sniffle sniffle.

mickrowe37   IP Logged
kimchris1
Serious Thumper

Pink Posse Rider...

Belfair, Washington
Reply #3 - 11/27/10 at 18:44:57

Offering you a shoulder and a kleenex. Mick, I understand very well how hard it is to have that desire to ride yet unable to do so.
You have so much knowledge to share even though your unable to ride right now.
Have you thought of helping with beginners at a course by chance? You could verbally teach and share your knowledge. Or write a book?
You could insert pictures as well as the wonderful stories you have stored inside your brain.
I do hold out hope that the feelings in your hand is restored and once again you can be on 2 wheels.. Hugs.. kim Smiley

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #4 - 11/27/10 at 19:54:48

mick wrote on 11/27/10 at 18:29:54:
You are very kind mate, as much as I love my Miata,I was having so much fun on that ninja, I mean look at it that little bugger,it could go from the street to the race track, in 5 minutes, just a few little mods and you got a ton up little racer , boo hoo boo hoo,sniffle sniffle.

I dont blame ya one bit, Mick. If I had the $$$ for another bike, that is what Id get, a Ninja 250.
Unless a clean Yamaha RD 400 showed up, then id go that way. I think,, IDK, It'd be a gut wrenching call, But, Id take the RD 400,, & if it didnt work out, then Id grab a 250 Kawa,, cuz thers a ton O them around, but an RD? Naaah, thats rare..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
Reply #5 - 11/28/10 at 08:32:15

Mick youre making me feel guilty. For what it is and what it does, my little Ninja is probably the greatest motorcycle I've ever parked my a$$ on. Been thinking about selling my Savage because its not being ridden. My Ninja is not for sale. Its cheap to own and operate, plus its easy on the eyes. At my age and physical condition its almost the perfect motorcycle.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"
  IP Logged
mick
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Hell-bound

Dayton Oregon
Reply #6 - 11/28/10 at 09:06:29

I love that you keep it spotless Mike, they go faster when they are slick. The savage is a great bike if you are a short a$$, I liked mine for piddling around town doing a little shopping. but for pure motorcycling fun, they dont come much better than the 250 ninja,I think with a little practice ,after you grind the foot pegs down ,I could start on the handlebars  Wink Wink

mickrowe37   IP Logged
PerrydaSavage
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Riding "The
Rock"!

Republic of Newfoundland
Reply #7 - 11/28/10 at 15:04:52

LOVE those Ninja 250's guys! Have heard nothing but good about 'em!

Here's a variant of the 250 Ninja that was sold in Canada from 2000 to 2007 ... the ZZ-R250 (EX250-H) that apparently never offered in the U.S. for some reason or another?

Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by arseholes!
WWW   IP Logged
mick
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Hell-bound

Dayton Oregon
Reply #8 - 11/28/10 at 16:27:18

Holy c-rap that's  beautiful, Why on earth do company's do that ?
I could never understand why Norton Made the Manx just for their racing team only,the public coulden't buy one,the international was the public version but it wasn't even close.Sometimes I think they don't want to make money. I know the manx didn't have a kick start or lights , it had to be push started, easily remidied.

mickrowe37   IP Logged
PerrydaSavage
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Riding "The
Rock"!

Republic of Newfoundland
Reply #9 - 11/29/10 at 00:58:55

Actually mick, the ZZ-R250 was sold in the UK, Aus, NZ, parts of Europe and most of Asia from the early 90's onward ... it showed up here in Canada in 2000, replacing the regular EX250 ... ZZ-R has same engine as the EX250 (though slightly different gearing I belive), different bodywork, 17" wheels (vs 16" on the regular Ninja of that era), dual trip meters, fully adjustable brake & clutch levers, adjustable rear pre-load, front fairing storage pocket, etc. Kawasaki Canada marketed it as a "Lite" Sport Touring machine and was actually more expensive new, than the current Next Gen Ninja 250's. A good condition, recent year, low milage ZZ-R250 can be had on the used market up here for around $2.5K CDN ...

Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by arseholes!
WWW   IP Logged
PerrydaSavage
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Riding "The
Rock"!

Republic of Newfoundland
Reply #10 - 11/29/10 at 11:42:16

Here's an article I found comparing the Kawi EX250-H (ZZ-R250) to the regular pre-'08 Ninja 250 that you guys had in the States up until 2007;

http://faq.ninja250.org/index.php/What_about_the_ZZR250%3B_how_does_it_compar...

WWW   IP Logged
mick
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Hell-bound

Dayton Oregon
Reply #11 - 11/29/10 at 11:54:50

PerrydaSavage wrote on 11/29/10 at 11:42:16:
Here's an article I found comparing the Kawi EX250-H (ZZ-R250) to the regular pre-'08 Ninja 250 that you guys had in the States up until 2007;

http://faq.ninja250.org/index.php/What_about_the_ZZR250%3B_how_does_it_compar...

I guess it the riders size makes all the difference, how about you Midnight rider,how tall are you ? I know you go hundreds of miles at a time and never complain.

mickrowe37   IP Logged
Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
Reply #12 - 11/29/10 at 12:19:44

Mick I'm 5'7". I did put blocks under my handlebar risers to raise them up and a 2" taller windscreen. Made a major difference, I've done a few 400 mile days on mine and too many 300 mile days to count.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"
  IP Logged
mick
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Hell-bound

Dayton Oregon
Reply #13 - 11/29/10 at 17:07:11

Midnightrider wrote on 11/29/10 at 12:19:44:
Mick I'm 5'7". I did put blocks under my handlebar risers to raise them up and a 2" taller windscreen. Made a major difference, I've done a few 400 mile days on mine and too many 300 mile days to count.

you and I are the same hight ,I guess that's why it fits us so well.
So their you go Savage Rider.

mickrowe37   IP Logged
PerrydaSavage
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Riding "The
Rock"!

Republic of Newfoundland
Reply #14 - 12/03/10 at 18:26:38

So whatdaya think Mick ... think she fits me OK? Smiley

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/17/24 at 22:20:04

General CategoryThe Cafe › I really miss her

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.