Kava (Read 70 times)
Phelonius
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Kava
11/16/10 at 11:14:24

Or as it is known here, ava.
Kava root is pounded to almost a powder then put in a cloth bag for brewing.  Depending on who makes it, it can be weak or strong.
In the big wooden serving bowl it looks like muddy water.served in a coconut shell it tastes a bit like dishwater but you can add flavoring.
Mick with all your pains, you might find a use for this stuff.
Take a large sip, then another.  In about two minutes your tongue and the roof of your mouth have a slight metallic sensation followed by mild numbness.  By the time you have finished a coconut full you are at peace with the world.  It is a sort of sedative and I always sleep better after a night at the Kava bar.
I do not recommend it if you are riding home afterwards.  Fortunately, I live only 150 yards away.
If you are trying to loose weight, it is an appetite surpressant too.
It is an old Polynesian tradition all over the Pacific ocean.
It is not drunk to savor the bouquet or nueances of fruity taste like wine, it is drunk for the effect.  Best done in large gulps so as not to have to savor the dishwater taste.  After the tongue goes numb, who cares anyway.
I don't know if the police have any way of detecting it on a driver, but I wouldn't care to be driving after drinking it anyway.  Last night a pretty girl asked if I would take her home.  She lived a couple of miles away down at the end of a very lonely and dark road.  She probably was not old enough to drink alcohol legally anyway so I volunteered.  I had only had a half a coconut at that time.  It was a pleasant ride at about twenty MPH with the clean fresh trade winds wafting through tropical foliage.  I only wish I had been about 40 years younger.
I am getting to really like this place.

Phelonius Cool Cool Cool

Phelonius
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: Kava
Reply #1 - 11/16/10 at 11:45:05

I only wish I had been about 40 years younger.

Hey, she mita been wishing the same thing.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
mick
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Hell-bound

Dayton Oregon
Reply #2 - 11/16/10 at 13:07:28

Sounds like good sh1t phelonius, send me some  Smiley
the other day on my morning walk I found a whole patch of mushrooms ,these are huge ,like 6 to 12 inches accross,mostly white
with a tinge of pink ,they smell like regular mushrooms. Dang it, I will take a few pictures after I send this.

Science and Logic fly you to the moon,
Religion makes you fly into skyscrapers
mickrowe37   IP Logged
BurnPgh
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #3 - 11/16/10 at 13:45:21

you can get kava just about anywhere. They sell it around here in those nurtition stores that sell dietary supplements and flex-o-matic machines.

IP Logged
mick
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Hell-bound

Dayton Oregon
Reply #4 - 11/16/10 at 15:04:26

BurnPgh wrote on 11/16/10 at 13:45:21:
you can get kava just about anywhere. They sell it around here in those nurtition stores that sell dietary supplements and flex-o-matic machines.

Is it the same stuff that gets you stoned,are you refering to a head shop ?. Not the kind if stuff you would see at health food stores. ?
BTW below is a picture of the mushrooms next to our driveway.

Science and Logic fly you to the moon,
Religion makes you fly into skyscrapers
mickrowe37   IP Logged
Phelonius
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #5 - 11/16/10 at 17:32:33

I would want to know more before eating strange mushrooms.  Some will nourish, some will alter your mind and some will take you out of this world.
I don't know what they sell in your health food stores, but I have heard that some of those commercially available kavas contain ground up leaves and stems.  This is definitely not good. the leaves and stems are added as a cheap way to make you think it is stronger.  The leaves and stems actually contain some active ingrediants that are hazardous to your health.  Roots only should be the rule for kava.

White men did a similar trick to whisky they sold to American indians.
They would brew up cheap tobacco leaf in the whiskey and sometimes even add turpentine to make the indians think it was strong stuff.
Some head shops may do similar tricks to kava.
The real stuff is a sedative, and mild attitude changer. Nothing more.

Phelonius

Phelonius
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/06/24 at 07:59:54

General CategoryThe Cafe › Kava

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.