Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Lowering the Front Forks on a Savage (Read 1154 times)
Punkskalar
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Lowering the Front Forks on a Savage
11/09/10 at 07:08:54

I had alot of requests lately through my shop to start lowering different forks, so as they come in, I try to do a "How-To" on each specific model.  I obviously don't post here often, but that will probably change soon as we are delving into a full speedster chopper Savage in a few weeks.  It will be a rigid frame, chain conversion, rebuilt engine, custom pipe, etc...  Should be fun and cheap.  

BUT, for now, here is a link for LS650 Lowered Forks and how to do them yourself  Cool

http://www.chopcult.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7129

« Last Edit: 12/03/12 at 05:55:49 by Oldfeller--FSO »  
  IP Logged
Punkskalar
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Lowering the Forks on a Savage - DONE!
Reply #1 - 11/09/10 at 07:09:14

IP Logged
EJID
Serious Thumper

Work to ride and
ride to work.

Pocatello, ID
Reply #2 - 11/09/10 at 07:25:49

Great job! Very thorough description of the needed steps. Nice that the only "cutting" that is done to accomplish this task is reversible.

Looking forward to the completed hardtail you are building.  Cool

05 S40 15" Memphis Slim, FXDWG Bars, Moved Rear Signals, Saddlebags, Fork Bag, Mini-Tach, Raptor, Cone Filter, Fishtail Muffler, Mix Screw Out 2.5 Turns, 4" Fwd Controls, 147.5 Main/55 Pilot @ 4500
  IP Logged
Punkskalar
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #3 - 04/04/11 at 07:25:14

Got ALOT done on this bike this winter...  Check it out!

More on the Blog - http://hughshandbuilt.blogspot.com/2011/04/dinos-savage-done-for-now.html

Hope you guys dig it - Keep on choppin'

IP Logged
Michael L

brumm..!

Denmark
Re: Lowering the Front Forks on a Savage
Reply #4 - 02/20/14 at 09:43:35

I find it difficult to believe, that the tappered bushing in the end of the rod's, doesn't hit the inner tube??? Especially when the top spacers is lowered by the same amount, so the forks have the same softness??? The stock springs are very much on the soft side. Ryca doesn't cut the top spacers. Instead they press the spring down further so you get more tension and harder forks.

Ofcourse I couldn't know for sure, so correct me if im wrong..

IP Logged
Colxjon
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Lowering the Front Forks on a Savage
Reply #5 - 02/20/14 at 12:31:14

Michael L wrote on 02/20/14 at 09:43:35:
I find it difficult to believe, that the tappered bushing in the end of the rod's, doesn't hit the inner tube??? Especially when the top spacers is lowered by the same amount, so the forks have the same softness??? The stock springs are very much on the soft side. Ryca doesn't cut the top spacers. Instead they press the spring down further so you get more tension and harder forks.

Ofcourse I couldn't know for sure, so correct me if im wrong..

Yeah I wouldn't cut anything of the top spacers. As you go lower you want to increase your spring rate to make up for the travel you take away. Same with a car with you lower it you need to increase spring rate so your upper control arm doesn't smack your unibody/frame.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
03/29/24 at 04:23:22

General CategoryTechnical Documents/Reference › Lowering the Front Forks on a Savage

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.