Send Topic Print
A great night for us (Read 539 times)
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: A great night for us
Reply #45 - 11/05/10 at 11:24:33

3.  We stop providing all of the needlessly fancy recreational srevices like more city parks than you can imagine, walking and bike paths, etc. until revenues pick back up as the economy improves.  Just close and mothball them until we can afford to re-open them.  Take your walk on the sidewalk - what a novel idea, huh?

The people who use them mite be willing to keep them up.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
buttgoat1
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #46 - 11/05/10 at 11:52:54

nope, then the city workers union will complain, they did that a few years ago when boy scouts were doing walking trails and such.

Here in VA, the state closed down the rest areas and laid off the maintenance workers but no bureaucrats got laid off, a few furloughs  for some state emplyees but that is all.  There is lots of fat to cut but somehow police, fire, and schools are always cut by the bureaucracy.
Hmmm, must be good to be king....... wait, aren't THEY the public servants? or the masters?

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #47 - 11/05/10 at 12:22:21

Right!,.. don't fire the guy that cuts the grass...

Fire the guy that tells the guy to cut the grass...  More savings, and the stuff still gets done... Wink...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Jerry Eichenberger
Serious Thumper

2006 S40.  OEM
windshield, saddle
bags, Sportster

Columbus, Ohio
Reply #48 - 11/05/10 at 12:49:55

Amen to that !!!  Serowbot and I agree - whadda think of that?

Jerry Eichenberger
Columbus, Ohio
  IP Logged
JohnBoy
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #49 - 11/05/10 at 13:23:50

I think that Americans sleep better when the White House and the Congress are controlled by different parties. I know that I do! “Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely.”
Obama stepped into the worst mess since Hoover and I am not ready to throw him out just yet. But I believe he is a pragmatist, and he is going to understand that there are a whole lot of Americans that don't want to go where he is trying to take them. Right or wrong, their votes count!

IP Logged
LostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #50 - 11/05/10 at 13:30:41

JohnBoy wrote on 11/05/10 at 13:23:50:
I think that Americans sleep better when the White House and the Congress are controlled by different parties. I know that I do! “Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely.”
Obama stepped into the worst mess since Hoover and I am not ready to throw him out just yet. But I believe he is a pragmatist, and he is going to understand that there are a whole lot of Americans that don't want to go where he is trying to take them. Right or wrong, their votes count!

I agree with this, I like a republican congress and a democrat white house.  

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #51 - 11/05/10 at 13:40:03

Jerry Eichenberger wrote on 11/05/10 at 12:49:55:
Amen to that !!!  Serowbot and I agree - whadda think of that?

How'd that happen?... Huh...

Wink...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Jerry Eichenberger
Serious Thumper

2006 S40.  OEM
windshield, saddle
bags, Sportster

Columbus, Ohio
Reply #52 - 11/05/10 at 13:42:24

LA -

I too don't mind divided power, but if we have to have it, I prefer an R in the White House.  The Pres. has the power, enormous power, in foregn policy.  Pres. can mainly act alone in the foregn policy arena; far more than he can do domestically.

While people can whine about GWB and the wars, historically, Rs are more sensitive to what matters for the U.S. abroad - they are broader thinkers.

Nixon opened China after decades of its isolation, ended the Vietnam war.

Reagan ended the Cold War with the Soviets.

Bush One had the guts to throw Saddam out of Kuwait.

Dem Presidents since Truman :

Kennedy and Johnson got us in the mess in Vietnam; left it to Nixon to end it.

Clinton was always bombing somebody - Bosnia, and other Balkans mainly.

Carter was a disaster in foreign policy - could not get the Iranian hostages out; Reagan did in a matter of days.  Carter's only foreign policy achievment was the peace treaty between Israel and Egypt - give him kudos for that.

So, I'll take an R on foreign policy over the long run.

Jerry Eichenberger
Columbus, Ohio
  IP Logged
buttgoat1
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #53 - 11/05/10 at 14:12:42

I remember seeing a political analyst years ago on election night.  They asked him who he thought would be better as pres, he said he didn't care as long as that party didn't also control Congress.
A R congress is what saved Clinton.
The irony is how little O has been able to do with a majority in both houses, like herding cats........

IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #54 - 11/05/10 at 14:16:39

Nixon got us trading with China best thing that ever happened to us. Reagan almost got our debts payed off. Clinton blew all the money the republicans saved bombing other countries.Iran was afraid of Carter, By not freeing the hostages it got him out of office just what Iran wanted.I'm sure happy that we had some republican presidents, Other wise our country would be in bad shape.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
Jerry Eichenberger
Serious Thumper

2006 S40.  OEM
windshield, saddle
bags, Sportster

Columbus, Ohio
Reply #55 - 11/05/10 at 14:24:14

Bill -

You worry too much about financial matters, to te exclusion of other things.

Finances and debts are important, yes.  But so was ending Vietnam and opening up China - yes, trade with China is VERY good for us.  They are no longer running around acting like wild men, ready to explode on a moment's notice - they now see the benefit of belonging to the community of nations, rather than being a rogue state like they were.

40 years ago China was a lot like North Korea is now - a threat to stability.  Now they are a stabilizing force in the region, if not the whole world.

Jerry Eichenberger
Columbus, Ohio
  IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #56 - 11/05/10 at 15:16:51

Jerry the American workers don't have jobs because of China working kids 12 hour days for low wages,I just heard last night 45% of the blacks getting out of high school can't fine a job,Their not on the unemployed list because they never had a job.Our top CEO's along with Congress is doing us in,Why do they care they benefit from the low wages.The Chinese,Mexicans .and a few Muslims are bankrupting out country.The Muslims by us spending billions of dollars on wars.Our Congress has been outsmarted.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
mick
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Hell-bound

Dayton Oregon
Reply #57 - 11/05/10 at 15:49:41

Jerry Eichenberger wrote on 11/05/10 at 14:24:14:
Bill -

Finances and debts are important, yes.  But so was ending Vietnam and opening up China - yes, trade with China is VERY good for us.  They are no longer running around acting like wild men, ready to explode on a moment's notice - they now see the benefit of belonging to the community of nations, rather than being a rogue state like they were.

40 years ago China was a lot like North Korea is now - a threat to stability.  Now they are a stabilizing force in the region, if not the whole world.

if for some reason we went to war with north Korea,I bet China would not come to our aid, they would side with NK in a heart beat.

Science and Logic fly you to the moon,
Religion makes you fly into skyscrapers
mickrowe37   IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #58 - 11/05/10 at 18:00:54

mick wrote on 11/05/10 at 15:49:41:
Jerry Eichenberger wrote on 11/05/10 at 14:24:14:
Bill -

if for some reason we went to war with north Korea,I bet China would not come to our aid, they would side with NK in a heart beat.

+1 You can't buy love

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #59 - 11/05/10 at 18:32:46

No, but it can be rented..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/19/24 at 03:34:33

General CategoryThe Cafe › A great night for us

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.