Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Racing Kart (Read 225 times)
Charon
Serious Thumper

Harvard, NE
Re: Racing Kart
Reply #15 - 11/03/10 at 09:00:03

I have lived in the UK, too. The food is better here. And I notice the UK is doing some serious budget cutting. Is your pension safe?

Eschew obfuscation.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #16 - 11/03/10 at 09:07:12

It was basically an aim and fire projectile with a person in it.

Like puttin a gerbil on an Estes Rocket..Push the button & Hope..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
mick
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Hell-bound

Dayton Oregon
Reply #17 - 11/03/10 at 09:10:13

Charon wrote on 11/03/10 at 09:00:03:
I have lived in the UK, too. The food is better here. And I notice the UK is doing some serious budget cutting. Is your pension safe?

both my US and UK pensions are fine thanks for asking.the food is always better where you were raised.
So the food is not automaticly better here, When I eat bread I like to pick it up and break it ,crispy crust anall,you like that webbers bread,I should say an excuse for bread,I could roll up a slice of webbers or any American style bread into a very small ball,just about big enough to bait a hook. So where in the UK did you live ? where did you work ?

Science and Logic fly you to the moon,
Religion makes you fly into skyscrapers
mickrowe37   IP Logged
Phelonius
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #18 - 11/03/10 at 12:45:33

mick wrote on 11/03/10 at 08:49:36:
Charon wrote on 11/03/10 at 08:18:50:
Funny, Mick - as much as you complain about how bad it here in the USA, you are still here.

I have explaned this many times,if it wasn't for my children and grandchildren,I would be long gone.there is very little difference between this country and the UK. I miss the people, well mannered,
polite, the food is ten times better ,as we speak I am saving up to go back for a longish visit and get something good to eat.
Does that answer your question ?

Kidney pie is good?

Phelonius

Phelonius
  IP Logged
Charon
Serious Thumper

Harvard, NE
Reply #19 - 11/03/10 at 13:07:44

Probably the only food I miss from England is steak and kidney pie. Otherwise I thought the food tended to be bland and perhaps overcooked. As far as bread, I liked the bread in Turkey, when the building super brought it around in the morning still hot from the oven.

I was stationed with the USAF at a little radio site near Canterbury, and lived on the economy for the three years I was there, '63 to '66. We had a microwave site with our antenna reflector on one of the legs of an old Chain Home tower, shooting to another Chain Home tower at Dunkirk.

Eschew obfuscation.

IP Logged
mick
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Hell-bound

Dayton Oregon
Reply #20 - 11/03/10 at 13:12:22

Charon wrote on 11/03/10 at 13:07:44:
Probably the only food I miss from England is steak and kidney pie. Otherwise I thought the food tended to be bland and perhaps overcooked. As far as bread, I liked the bread in Turkey, when the building super brought it around in the morning still hot from the oven.

I was stationed with the USAF at a little radio site near Canterbury, and lived on the economy for the three years I was there, '63 to '66. We had a microwave site with our antenna reflector on one of the legs of an old Chain Home tower, shooting to another Chain Home tower at Dunkirk.

have microwaves been around that long ?
While you were stationed in England did "Jim Reeves" ever come to entertain you ? he was a country western singer,he was well known for the song "He'l have to go " Anyway I was his chauffeur,I watched two shows one at the Officers club,the other I guess was in the gym.
He did a very late show at Berty Greens "Aster Club" George Raft was a part owner,it's in Barkley Square,Jim Reeves invited me in ,paid for all my drinks and a very nice lady to keep me company ,unfortunatly my wife was at home ,and I didn't want to wake her, and to top it off a nice crisp C note, as you know alot of money in the 60s.

mickrowe37   IP Logged
Charon
Serious Thumper

Harvard, NE
Reply #21 - 11/03/10 at 13:28:18

I have to correct some location data, and thought about just editing. Our site was Dunkirk Hill Tower, about halfway between Faversham and Canterbury. We shot to Swingate, just the other side of Dover Castle from Dover. We were part of a London to Paris link. Then, sometime in 1966 after I left, Charles DeGaulle took France out of the military part of NATO, which rendered our link superfluous. NATO headquarters moved to Brussels, Belgium. It turned out to be possible - just - to shoot from Swingate to the very tip of Belgium. I didn't learn about that until considerably later.

Microwave radio is sort of an offshoot of microwave radar, and has been in use since the late '40s.

By the way, while I was there, I took advantage of being near Brands Hatch, and even attended a go-kart race there. In the rain.

Eschew obfuscation.

IP Logged
mick
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Hell-bound

Dayton Oregon
Reply #22 - 11/04/10 at 21:32:24

Phelonius, Kidney pie not good,
now Steak and Kidney pie is delishious.
other pub favorite are Shepards pie, and Bangers and mash. Roast beef. Leg of lamb with mint sauce (not jelly).
I any of you guys ever go to Britain for a vacation eat in pubs ,it's a quarter of the price of a resaurant and the food is way better,you don't have to drink if you don't want to. FYI pub is short for "Public house" get a book on London Pubs to read on the plane going over.

mickrowe37   IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #23 - 11/04/10 at 22:01:12

MMMM, Shepard's pie,, that stuffs Good.

have microwaves been around that long ?

Radar uses micro waves.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/19/24 at 04:11:30

General CategoryThe Cafe › Racing Kart

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.