Send Topic Print
Time Traveler... (Read 391 times)
youzguyz
Serious Thumper

San Antonio, Texas
Re: Time Traveler...
Reply #15 - 11/01/10 at 14:11:58

Army of Darkness was my favorite.  

"Alright you Primitive Screwheads, listen up! You see this? This... is my boomstick! The twelve-gauge double-barreled Remington. S-Mart's top of the line. You can find this in the sporting goods department. That's right, this sweet baby was made in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Retails for about a hundred and nine, ninety five. It's got a walnut stock, cobalt blue steel, and a hair trigger. That's right. Shop smart. Shop S-Mart. You got that? "

2002 - Silver (Thumper)
2000 - Green (Mad Hamish)
Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut between the seat and the handlebars. Make sure yours isn't too tight or too loose.
  IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #16 - 11/01/10 at 14:13:21

I would like to go back and watch Sarah Palin when she played baskeball. Grin

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
mpescatori
Serious Thumper

Romanum Thumperium
Cavalco, yeaaah !!!

Rome, Italy
Reply #17 - 11/02/10 at 01:08:23

Arnold wrote on 11/01/10 at 14:02:55:
Like Bruce Campbell in Evil Dead.

Sorry, never seen the show.

Please consider that, other than the occasional one week business trip, I haven't been living in the US as a "resident" since 1973 - that's a looong time ago.

In those days, dinosaurs roamed the earth, and scorched traffic lights : vicious man-eaters such as the Cobra, the Barracuda, the Cougar, Wildcat, the Firebird and the irresistible Chargers and GTOs...
...even apparently tame animals posed a threat to that emerging weakling, MAN...
You could risk your life just wanting to stroke an Impala or a Mustang, or wanting to feed the Super Bees and the Road Runners...

Why, I heard of a little boy being literally hipnotized by a fire-breating Pinto (it seems some ordinary Pinto fillies mated with Mustangs and bred this hybrid animal that lived in caves and would only come out at night...)

Wink

Maurizio Pescatori, Esq.
Gentleman Rider

Mikuni BST40, K&N filter, Stage2 cam, Verslagen tensioner, Sportster muff, 120 proof moonshine, Pirelli MT 66 tourers... and a chain conversion too !
mpescatori   IP Logged
Arnold
Serious Thumper

The dude abides...

Westchester, NY
Reply #18 - 11/02/10 at 05:06:03

Haha, Shop S-Mart, havent heard that in a while,

Klaatu Barada Nikto to you...

IP Logged
mick
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Hell-bound

Dayton Oregon
Reply #19 - 11/02/10 at 22:48:59

bill67 wrote on 11/01/10 at 14:13:21:
I would like to go back and watch Sarah Palin when she played baskeball. Grin

I know you Bill ,you want to hang out in the girls showers,after the ball game.

Science and Logic fly you to the moon,
Religion makes you fly into skyscrapers
mickrowe37   IP Logged
PerrydaSavage
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Riding "The
Rock"!

Republic of Newfoundland
Reply #20 - 11/03/10 at 00:58:25

I've been a life-long fan of Science Fiction ... Time Travel stories have always been a fave of mine.

If I could travel in time?? Well, I really wanna go back and find out just what the hell went wrong with my marriage of 22 years ... I thought my wife and I had a good relationship, but last Feb. she literally got up one morning, declared that she didn't want to be married anymore and left without so much as an explanation why and still refuses to discuss it? Been a rough Ride for me ever since ...

I'm a skeptic when it comes to UFO's, but the Roswell story has been amazingly persistant over the years ... I wouldn't mind havin' a peek at that to see what the actual history of that incident was all about.

Oh yeah ... had to have my beloved 13 yr old dog put down yesterday afternoon ... I'd like to back and give her one more hug before the doc placed the needle in her leg ... Sad

Quote:
"Not the least hard thing to bear when they go from us, these quiet friends, is that they carry away with them so many years of our own lives."

Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by arseholes!
WWW   IP Logged
mpescatori
Serious Thumper

Romanum Thumperium
Cavalco, yeaaah !!!

Rome, Italy
Reply #21 - 11/03/10 at 01:39:33

I feel for you, Perry  Embarrassed I've been close to seeing the end of my family as well, not through any fault of mine but simply because after 5 consecutive years of unaccompanied service my wife had had enough of being a full time Mom and a weekend Wife.

Sorry for the dog, too, had one myself as a teenager, 20 years after he died I still expect to hear him huff and puff at the door when I go see my parents... Undecided

Roswell ? Can't, won't comment.

Is there life out there ?

An Italian Physicist, Nobel Prize winner Carlo Rubbia summed it up in his "goldfish bowl" theory:
There's a goldfish in a bowl, and to it that's the universe. It can swim all over, and explore, forget and find again, but that's as far as it can go. It doesnn't matter how many fish there are in that bowl, and how big or small the bowl itself may be, THAT is the universe.

Now, if somebody could only tell him there's another bowl a few feet away... and another near the window, and a few more in the next room... not to mention the neighbors...
...who's gonna tell him about the entire neighborhood ?
Man, there are so many fish bowls, you could lose count !!!
But the goldfish can only go as far as its own bowl, until it learns to jump and look around.

Unfortunately, space travel as we know it with our current technology will only allow us to go and walk on the Moon, even Mars requires a veritable Magellanic Voyage...

Roll Eyes

Maurizio Pescatori, Esq.
Gentleman Rider

Mikuni BST40, K&N filter, Stage2 cam, Verslagen tensioner, Sportster muff, 120 proof moonshine, Pirelli MT 66 tourers... and a chain conversion too !
mpescatori   IP Logged
mick
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Hell-bound

Dayton Oregon
Reply #22 - 11/03/10 at 08:41:44

Perry,I'm so sorry about your dog,13 years is a long time to love something for him to die on you,our buddy Serowbot was saying the other day that he would never have another dog because he cant stand
losing it.
The wife,no biggy go get another one
You just have to get another dog.

mickrowe37   IP Logged
serenity3743
Serious Thumper

Striving to better,
oft we mar what's
well

Black Mountain, NC
Reply #23 - 11/03/10 at 13:45:46

LostArtist wrote on 10/31/10 at 21:56:09:
heard about this on the radio and a couple of guys called in saying it was

http://www.hearingaidmuseum.com/gallery/Carbon/WesternElectric/info/westelect...

which makes enough sense to me

The problem with the hearing aid theory is that the hearing aid has an earpiece which fits inside the ear, attached by the wire at the main unit which is like a microphone.  Ordinarily, the user would not hold the main unit; it would be clipped on at the chest area.

2000 LS650P Suzuki windshield, luggage rack, saddle bag racks, k & n air filter, Dyna muffler,2/3 white spacer, do-it-myself seat. Love to ride!
  IP Logged
Jerry Eichenberger
Serious Thumper

2006 S40.  OEM
windshield, saddle
bags, Sportster

Columbus, Ohio
Reply #24 - 11/03/10 at 14:00:16

Col. Pescatori -

You are so right about space travel.  The distances are so great, I have no idea how we'll ever go beyond our own solar system at best.

Even if we do invent a propulsion system that can power a spacecraft far faster than we can with with only reaction rocket power, we then bump up against Einstein's theory.

Assuming the old boy to be right, you cannot go even as fast as the speed of light, so you can't go to a place a thousand light years away, let alone go the real distances in space that are needed to get into other solar systems and galaxies.  We don't live long enough to make the trip.

Now if we can figure out how to transistion from matter to energy, and back again, maybe Capt. Kirk's warp drive might be feasible.

Jerry Eichenberger
Columbus, Ohio
  IP Logged
mick
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Hell-bound

Dayton Oregon
Reply #25 - 11/03/10 at 14:57:58

Jerry can you emagen trying to stear that ship going at light speed.
It will never happen, the only way would be to go with males and females and keep having babies and train them en-route,when you get were you are going your ship will be a few hundred years old and in dire need of an overhaul, So you will have to land near a rocket ship jiffy lube. I think this requires a little more thought. Undecided

mickrowe37   IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #26 - 11/03/10 at 15:15:36

Given the current level of improvement, each new generation would be met by the ones that stayed on earth and built a new space ship.

WWW   IP Logged
Jerry Eichenberger
Serious Thumper

2006 S40.  OEM
windshield, saddle
bags, Sportster

Columbus, Ohio
Reply #27 - 11/03/10 at 15:28:12

Mick -

If mankind could figure out how to transition from matter to energy and back, then most of the issue is solved, again given the propulsion system that could drive a craft that fast.

Once you're nothing but energy, navigation is simple - just figure out beforehand the direction you need to go and go for it.  But don't run into anything.  And neither ship nor crew would age going at lightspeed.  Time stands still then.

Physicists have already calculated that at the speeds that spacecraft currently travel, a six month stay in orbit aboard the space station results in the crew saving a few seconds of their life.  As speed increases, time slows down.  I flunked the only college math course I ever took, so this is way beyond my comprehension.

Interesting stuff, but as you said, way beyond our lifetimes.

Jerry Eichenberger
Columbus, Ohio
  IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #28 - 11/03/10 at 15:29:18

Alley Op had a time machine that worked. Wink

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #29 - 11/03/10 at 16:34:10

bill67 wrote on 11/03/10 at 15:29:18:
Alley Op had a time machine that worked. Wink

Well, yes he did. I once downloaded the owners manual for it. All lube points were spec'ed for Klotz oil. It must surely be sitting somewhere, ( or somewhen) in a state of perfect repair.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/19/24 at 02:32:33

General CategoryThe Cafe › Time Traveler...

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.