"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Re: oil level in window
Reply #60 - 11/01/10 at 07:20:17

Routy, you are convinced .....

I am convinced .....

23 others are convinced .....

But there are hundreds of others that either do not know, or are not convinced.

That's most of the list, BTW.

All any of them would have to do to disprove the "check it on the side stand, use the 2.5 quarts of oil" position is to do it as an experiment and find some issue with it and report it.

The very most credible witness is the Doubting Thomas (Charon, for example) who goes into it as a total skeptic and either finds out the problems that it causes or eventually reports it has no evil associated with it.

You and I cannot do this, we had oil consumption going on beforehand or else had been constantly doing the method from before by means of the previous owner.

What we need are some brave persons who have no current issues with oil consumption to carefully do the changeover experiment and to report what issues they find over the course of an oil change or two.

Face it, a population of 25 older bikes with tons of miles on the odometer isn't a fair population to say "you got no issues" -- it is a skewed sample from the get go.

We need some newer bikes with NO OIL CONSUMPTION ISSUES to do the side stand method and to report on what they find before you try to say you have a full and complete answer.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #61 - 11/01/10 at 13:53:08

I've been using Suzuki system for oil check for years,and have no problem with it.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #62 - 11/01/10 at 15:44:20

5.08 years is a lot of years on an oil change, yes it certainly is a bunch of years, and 4,000 miles is a lot of miles on an oil change (hey, it's same oil change too)  .....  

And did you remember to mention that your Klotz 15w50 racing oil is still nice and red and as clean as when you put it in?

And that you had to do NO MAINTENANCE to anything on your bike during that entire time?  

And that your longest "maintenance free" record is 29 years since the last time you had to adjust a valve clearance?

Grin    Grin    Grin    Grin

Wow, that's amazing Bill !!!  

Just how did you do this truly unusual accomplishment?

Have you had time to think about your piston rings any? -- as to whether the Klotz goes up and down with the ring like a coating on the outside of it, or does it adhere to and coat the cylinder wall and the rings just slides over the top of it?  

How does it make that amazing seal that leaks no gases and allows you to keep your oil virgin clean for that long a time and all those miles?

4,000 miles between oil changes and it never gets a dull red, it stays bright and clean as a whistle.  

Amazing !!!

Is it because of the Suzuki Oil Checking Method?   Does the balancing that you have to do help balance out the wear and make the oil last longer?

Keeping the bike's karma balanced --- is that the secret?

Share your secrets with us ....

Ommmmmmm  

Ommmmmmm

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Routy
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Winston Oregon
Reply #63 - 11/01/10 at 15:47:40

Bill,
Its ok,.....no one is twisting your arm to do it the right way ! Grin

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bill quote:
I've been using Suzuki system for oil check for years,and have no problem with it.

Rich
'07 S40 Blvd stocker, except drilled OEM exhaust and white spacer mod...1/2 (.055)
  IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #64 - 11/01/10 at 16:03:11

OF I never looked in there when the engines was running how would I know about the oil,Klotzs Techniplates all the metal in the engine.And how do you come up with me having so many miles on my bike.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #65 - 11/01/10 at 16:08:10

Routy wrote on 11/01/10 at 15:47:40:
Bill,
Its ok,.....no one is twisting your arm to do it the right way ! Grin

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bill quote:

I usually get a young girl with a mini skirt to hold up the bike up when I check the oil Wink

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #66 - 11/01/10 at 16:17:33

Bill, as our leading expert on red super oils that last forever, we need you to commit your honesty and integrity to a very important project.

We need to prove what liars all these side stand oil checking rascals really are !!!

Bill, you are the only one we can trust to do this .... everyone else is a liar, you've proven this to us repeatedly.   Verslagen, Charon -- they'd all ooze facts out of their mouths just as soon as not.

Without changing your oil (it doesn't need it anyway) just unscrew the oil fill hole and put your funnel inside it.  Turn your handle bars the way you always do when you get off the bike, so it will be just like you normally leave it.   Let it sit on the side stand at the place you like to leave it at night when you put it to bed after a hard day of riding.

(it is balanced and at completely at harmonious rest -- the magical feng shui rest state has been completely achieved)

Then take your plastic bottle of that precious elixir of endless Savage motor life, the vaunted Klotz 15w50 four stroke racing snowmobile oil and ever so carefully pour a thin stream of glorious red into the funnel while watching the oil view window until you can see the glorious red magical stuff welling up into your spotlessly clean oil viewing window.

Just think, you are adding even MORE red magical elixir to pump endless life through each passage and pore and gear and shaft and gallery and bearing -- who knows what might happen?

It might fly ....   or run without gasoline   ....  who knows until you try it?

But then Bill, having done so you can blast those evil side stander checkers with the TRUTH about what you find

(and please, don't tell them heathen heretics about the flying part -- they are unbelievers after all and they do not deserve to know about the Klotz miracles).

« Last Edit: 11/01/10 at 17:39:58 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #67 - 11/01/10 at 16:38:56

Bill, how many miles do you have on your bike?    I don't think I quoted a total mileage, it was the mileage for your last oil change.

I got my information from you, you told us you had 4,000 miles on this oil change.

and you told Verslagen earlier that you put 710 miles per year on your bike, traveling 5 miles per day.

The 5.63 years, well I'm ashamed to admit -- that was evil mathematics that I didn't do very well on a piece of scratch paper    Embarrassed      calculators do work better than scratch paper

And Bill, Klotz gave up on Techniplate a long time ago  -  they now use the new Super Techniplate Technology,  thats all that they use now-a-days.

(it's much better..er..er,  a brighter red..er and more magical...ier)

Grin

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #68 - 11/01/10 at 17:02:35

IT'S AN OIL WINDOW WAR BOYS AND GIRLS !!!!!

Get out your funnels and your bottle of magic elixir and join Bill as he disproves the side stand people and exposes all their lies and issues !!!!

Join the crusade for truth !!!

Write down your mileage and add oil until it peeks up in the oil window with it resting in the feng shui full resting state (handle bars turned your normal way you always leave them and resting on the side stand where you always put it).

Note down any oil consumption beyond what you normally use.

If you want to observe the magic -- watch the oil window when you first crank the bike and watch the oil go down in the window.   Then with it idling evenly put it bolt upright and note that the oil is still gone .......

Magic !!!     It disappears !!!

Now turn the bike off and say Shazzzam !!  and the oil will reappear !!!

And then put it back on the side stand and the window will clear and the oil will peek at you through the bottom of the oil window again just like Alice's magical Cheshire cat.

(yep, it just winked at you .....)

Wink

Very important step

BE VERY TRUTHFUL and add your results to the listing of sins which is located here:

http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1283793450/26#26

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
drums1
Serious Thumper

'87 Savage
Bashed--Down for the
count

Racine, Wisconsin
Reply #69 - 11/01/10 at 18:33:04

Is it just me, or does Oldfeller genuinely dislike Bill67? Sure seems to be making an OVERLY LARGE DEAL out of minor disagreement. My God, it's 1/4 of a quart of oil difference. I've been filling mine to 1/2 glass, in the upright position, for some 7000 miles now. Still runs good, burns no oil. I read here once 2.2 quarts with a filter change. That's what I do. Occasionally, if I'm going on a long ride on a hot day, I'll put in a little extra--just to be safe. Low and behold, it's all still there when I park it. Still runs fine. No foaming. No blown up engine. I voted to stay neutral, because this debate is getting downright childish at times. Why don't we all go for a little ride and cool down?

Smiley Smiley Smiley

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #70 - 11/01/10 at 19:14:13

No Drums, I don't dislike Bill -- he and I talk on the list more often than anybody else you see on here.

Now I have been accused of teasing him too much by people that don't know us very well, which I can stop at any time.

(and will now do so again)

And this will last until he intentionally provokes me again, which will come fairly soon as he gets all bored when it gets all quiet around here, too.

And this time, in respect for your tender feelings, I will give him 3 provokes in a row  

(which I am sure he will put to good use, believe me).

Would you like all the rowdy actual factual crew to give him 3 misses too?   Justin, Rowdy, Boofer, Verslagen, Charon -- everybody will leave Bill alone until he gets up past his third strike, then he is fair game to get teased for what he actually says again.

Since Bill never provokes anything, this should last forever, right?

What do you say guys, give Bill 3 strikes?

(but do keep count for him so Bill will know exactly where he is)

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #71 - 11/01/10 at 19:33:45

Why is everybody always picking on me. :'(

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
Routy
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Winston Oregon
Reply #72 - 11/01/10 at 19:34:09

I used to get upset at Bill before I figured out that he is just a natural born agitator, and that he can take it just as good as he can dish it.
Bill can handle it ! Smiley

Rich
'07 S40 Blvd stocker, except drilled OEM exhaust and white spacer mod...1/2 (.055)
  IP Logged
Routy
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Winston Oregon
Reply #73 - 11/01/10 at 19:42:06

bill67 wrote on 11/01/10 at 19:33:45:

See what I mean,....if we didn't know better, we could think this was a serious question.  Sad

Rich
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #74 - 11/01/10 at 20:42:07

Routy,  either count it as strike #1 if he is a pokin' again,

or if not,

then you have to treat it as serious, then it is a serious question which you have to answer without teasing him.

Why do you pick on poor ol' Bill?

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 25
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
06/17/24 at 12:27:55

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › oil level in window

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!