IP Logged
mick
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Hell-bound

Dayton Oregon
Re: Implanted microchip
Reply #1 - 10/26/10 at 17:34:02

Can they elect to have a tracer ? that way they will have the way to heaven all lit up from the glow fom his forehead,or eye socket.

Science and Logic fly you to the moon,
Religion makes you fly into skyscrapers
mickrowe37   IP Logged
mick
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Hell-bound

Dayton Oregon
Reply #2 - 10/26/10 at 23:19:55

Just watched a movie tonight about Hawahii,I'm supprized they let you move there ,I didn't realize how bad Americans treated the natives,I didn't know Americans are disliked there ,lets face it they ruined a beautiful place,such a shame.

Science and Logic fly you to the moon,
Religion makes you fly into skyscrapers
mickrowe37   IP Logged
Phelonius
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #3 - 10/27/10 at 02:23:54

mick wrote on 10/26/10 at 23:19:55:
Just watched a movie tonight about Hawahii,I'm supprized they let you move there ,I didn't realize how bad Americans treated the natives,I didn't know Americans are disliked there ,lets face it they ruined a beautiful place,such a shame.

Hell, our ancestors ruined the lower 48 first.  You must remember that politically we draw our role model from the Brits and they were the all time champs at paradise ruining, even surpassing the Romans who taught them how to do so.

At the time of the takeover at gun point in Iolani palace, there were several European nations  and one Asian nation that wanted the place for empire building.  Two things spurred the US government to take the course they did.  One was the absolute best deep water anchorage in the Pacific Ocean and ideally located at that, right in the middle.  No better place existed for a naval base than Pearl Harbor.
The other was, (Here we go again) rich land barons who had investments in sugar, copra, and cattle, and pineapples.
Why is it that every time this sort of thing happens, these guys are always in there to get their gravy at someone elses expense?
Over on Oahu there is a lot of resentment against Haoles like me.
Here on this island not nearly so much.  In fact I would have to say that I find folks here more accepting of strangers than any other place I have lived including 4 of the lower 48 and Alaska although Alaska comes close in friendliness.
Europe,  Worse than any of the others in my experience of 31 months.
Our ancestors may have treated these people poorly but on this island it is not much spoken of by anyone.  I find the native Hawaiians a people to envy.  The man who owns the house I live in is one and as fine a soul as I could ask for.  I don't think I could have chosen a better place to live, Particularly on my income.
Food here costs about twice as much as I am used to paying and gas is 4 dollars a gallon but I don't have to go as far to find something of interest.  They tell me that electricity is expensive but I don't know how much as I have not yet received my first bill.  I can say with certainty that none of it will be for general heating costs though.
I live on the northern tip of the Island a couple of miles from where King Kamehemeha was born. There is a lot of old Hawaii in this area and in between here and the bigger part of the Island is Panniola country, Hawaiian Cowboys on ranches that look like they belong in Montana except they are surrounded by the Blue Pacific ocean down at the low altitude.  Up on Kohala mountain there is even enough prickly pear cactus to look like a western movie set, especially like today when riding back down the mountain road, traffic was held up for some time while about eight panniolas on horseback drove a large herd of cattle across the road.
I live at about 500 feet altitude and about one and a quarter miles from the ocean, I can see it from my windows as I look out past the bamboo.  I am about 60 yards from the center of this town that looks as if it could be the movie set for that John Wayne, Lee Marvin movie,
Donovans' Reef.
This is the turn around point for the Iron Man tri-athelon. The highway ends about 8 miles further east.
There are only two roads out of here. The lower one follows the Historic Kohala coast past many beaches and mini bays, most of which have nothing built at them.  The other road goes up kohala mountain along one of the best motorcycle roads I have ever ridden to the cowboy town of Waiameha where I do most of my shopping.  From there the Mamalahoa goes east to the Hilo side or south to Kialua Kona.
Both of these are major urban centers having grown greatly since I was here 29 years ago.
East of the end of the road is rain forest and some jungle in rugged ravines that rift on up Kohala.  There is rugged hiking here and long zip lines through some of the ravines where young healthy tourists pay money to sprain ankles gain tall tales about their adventures in paradise.
There is about 30 miles of black lava desert between Kailua and Kwaie Hai, then about 20 more miles that gradually change from desert to the green where I live.  This makes a nice buffer between me and most of the tourist happenings so it is a nice little village.
I like it here.  Google up Hawi and you will see why.

Phelonius Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool

Phelonius
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/06/24 at 11:58:31

General CategoryThe Cafe › Implanted microchip

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.