Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Clarification, of sorts (Read 258 times)
weracerc
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Greensboro, NC
Clarification, of sorts
10/25/10 at 07:56:51

Recently I have posted a few times about weapons - to which i have gotten mixed reviews - let me clarify my position - whether you give a crap or not - it will make me feel better to explain myself:

48yrs old white male, married, 3 kids all out of the house, safety professional by trade, home owner, drive a 99 ford crown vic and ride my 96 savage every chance i get,l race radio controlled cars for my hobby...oh yeah and collect guns:

why guns? - I was on a plane about 3 years ago setting beside the new CEO of Remington Arms - he was on his way to the Corp HQ in Madison NC - I was on my way home from doing a safety inspection of one of our facilities.

During the plane ride we struck up a conversation during which he showed me the new Remington Arms catalogue which had a $27,000 collector gun in it - I asked do people really spend that kind of money on a gun that will most likely never be fired - he said yes and continued on to say that statistics show that there are 3.8 guns per person in America...I told him I am not part of that statistic since I did not own a single gun at that time, never had owned a gun as a matter of fact - other than I bought a 12 guage pump shotgun when i first got married to wife 2 and she made me sell it the next day since she did not want any guns in the house with the children then 3, 5, & 13. (1992)

So move ahead to 2008 September - economy sucking wind, election coming, potential for things to get much worse before they get any better, with the economy, illegals, politics, jobs, etc.....things that make people do crazy things like decide they have to TAKE what they want/need from others (home invasions etc.)......The wife says to me "you know with the way things are going and if this elections does not go well things are probably going to get worse, I think it is time got a gun to protect our home."... Huh I thought......well our anniversary was coming up in October so I got her a .32 revolver, we went to the shooting range and what do you know I find out I am married to Wyatt Freakin Earp....not worried about her hitting the target.....well I decided I needed a "man gun" got an Italian 9MM target pistol - home defense and new hobby target shooting, not so much the Wyatt Earp type more of a "Do you feel lucky Punk" type......

ok re-cap 0 guns (in 45 years) to 2 in less than 2 weeks in October 2008......now at 9 including 30.06, .22 rifle x 2, 20 gauge (turkey shoot gun), .32 revolver x 2 both hers, 9MM, Yugoslavian SKS, and 12 gauge pistol grip pump shotgun (home defense on steroids)....now I am firmly in the statistic of gun owner-ship.....

Why tell - now you know where I came from and where I stand going forward - before I could not defend myself, wife, home, animals, way of life in general, etc...

Now if someone threatens my way of life - I am fully prepared to defend it.

"GOD Was Busy, He Sent The Marines"
</div
  IP Logged
mick
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Hell-bound

Dayton Oregon
Re: Clarification, of sorts
Reply #1 - 10/25/10 at 08:34:33

weracerc wrote on 10/25/10 at 07:56:51:
Recently I have posted a few times about weapons - to which i have gotten mixed reviews - let me clarify my position - whether you give a crap or not - it will make me feel better to explain myself:

48yrs old white male, married, 3 kids all out of the house, safety professional by trade, home owner, drive a 99 ford crown vic and ride my 96 savage every chance i get,l race radio controlled cars for my hobby...oh yeah and collect guns:

why guns? - I was on a plane about 3 years ago setting beside the new CEO of Remington Arms - he was on his way to the Corp HQ in Madison NC - I was on my way home from doing a safety inspection of one of our facilities.

During the plane ride we struck up a conversation during which he showed me the new Remington Arms catalogue which had a $27,000 collector gun in it - I asked do people really spend that kind of money on a gun that will most likely never be fired - he said yes and continued on to say that statistics show that there are 3.8 guns per person in America...I told him I am not part of that statistic since I did not own a single gun at that time, never had owned a gun as a matter of fact - other than I bought a 12 guage pump shotgun when i first got married to wife 2 and she made me sell it the next day since she did not want any guns in the house with the children then 3, 5, & 13. (1992)

So move ahead to 2008 September - economy sucking wind, election coming, potential for things to get much worse before they get any better, with the economy, illegals, politics, jobs, etc.....things that make people do crazy things like decide they have to TAKE what they want/need from others (home invasions etc.)......The wife says to me "you know with the way things are going and if this elections does not go well things are probably going to get worse, I think it is time got a gun to protect our home."... Huh I thought......well our anniversary was coming up in October so I got her a .32 revolver, we went to the shooting range and what do you know I find out I am married to Wyatt Freakin Earp....not worried about her hitting the target.....well I decided I needed a "man gun" got an Italian 9MM target pistol - home defense and new hobby target shooting, not so much the Wyatt Earp type more of a "Do you feel lucky Punk" type......

ok re-cap 0 guns (in 45 years) to 2 in less than 2 weeks in October 2008......now at 9 including 30.06, .22 rifle x 2, 20 gauge (turkey shoot gun), .32 revolver x 2 both hers, 9MM, Yugoslavian SKS, and 12 gauge pistol grip pump shotgun (home defense on steroids)....now I am firmly in the statistic of gun owner-ship.....

Why tell - now you know where I came from and where I stand going forward - before I could not defend myself, wife, home, animals, way of life in general, etc...

Now if someone threatens my way of life - I am fully prepared to defend it.

I to have a few guns around living on a farm an all, What I didn't understand is what in the heck does the election have to do with anything ?

Science and Logic fly you to the moon,
Religion makes you fly into skyscrapers
mickrowe37   IP Logged
weracerc
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Greensboro, NC
Reply #2 - 10/25/10 at 08:42:57

some felt if the Democrats got in they would start the process of making it harder if not impossible to get a gun.

I have freinds in Massachusetts who cant get over the fact that i was able to go from 0 guns to 9 guns in less than 2 years - they cant get a gun legally up there according to them - only criminals have guns up there in MA according to my friends who live there.

</div
  IP Logged
mick
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Hell-bound

Dayton Oregon
Reply #3 - 10/25/10 at 08:56:10

when I lived in England even the cops don't carry guns , total gun deaths in England 3 or 4 ,no one is alloud a gun,other than a shotgun if you live on a farm or are a member of a skeet club,then you have to leave your shotgun at the club.
I really don't think Obama will mess with gun laws,he is skating on thin ice when it comes to red necks ,they just cant get over the fact that we all have a black man for the president, and a guy with a brain for a change.

mickrowe37   IP Logged
Starlifter
Serious Thumper

It only snows seven
months of the year
here.

Eastern Michigan
Reply #4 - 10/25/10 at 10:20:42

Weracerc, most people who own guns (myself included) don't brag about them and express fantasies about boogie-men entering their homes and how great it would be to kill them.
The crap you are posting about the big black democrat gonna' grab your guns, and fearless children killing bad guys is sheer nonsense.

Proud to be everything the right-wing hates.
  IP Logged
weracerc
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Greensboro, NC
Reply #5 - 10/25/10 at 10:32:31

you are reading impaired my friend - you see words that are not there and comment as if they are - you are full of crap and need to remain quiet.

oops sorry for feeding the troll - I'll be the bigger man and shut up - I know he will not.

</div
  IP Logged
mick
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Hell-bound

Dayton Oregon
Reply #6 - 10/25/10 at 13:12:29

Don't worry about our southern red necks Star ,I think they all sit around drinking beer and dream of ways to kill Obama,they talk tough but no action.

mickrowe37   IP Logged
Ed L.
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

"We All go a
Little Crazy
Sometimes"
Norman Bates

Sunny Florida
Reply #7 - 10/25/10 at 13:26:29

I'm at around 12 guns in my collection and am a 2nd generation Quaker, Go Figure.

Silver '02, clubman handle bars, Cobra headlight, Sportster muffler, K+N stock air filter, 152.5 main, Superbrace, oil cooler, 1/2 inch aluminium plate forward controls, spark advance, goes like stink
  IP Logged
weracerc
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Greensboro, NC
Reply #8 - 10/25/10 at 13:41:26

interesting Ed - me too - Quaker that is.

</div
  IP Logged
John_D FSO
Serious Thumper

Ridin' and smilin'

Vancouver, WA
Reply #9 - 10/25/10 at 15:02:02

I always face a tough choice when I have a little money I don't feel so bad spending (no such thing as "extra money"! Grin): do I buy a firearm, or do I buy stuff for the bike?  Pretty much since I started riding, the bikes have been winning. Roll Eyes
Once I get a few more odds and ends on it though, I fully intend to start expanding my collection again.

'07 ElectraGlide.
  IP Logged
photojoe FSO
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

I did warn you to
brace yourself

New Jersey
Reply #10 - 10/25/10 at 15:33:49

I enjoy target shooting, and feel I'm prepared for self defense, but don't obsess over it. Ammo prices did go up since Obama became pres, but It may just be coincidence.

My girlfriend didn't own any firearms up until earlier this year. I used to go to the range alone, or she'd come along and just watch me. One day I asked her if she'd like to put a few rounds through my Ruger P95 (9mm) and she accepted. Soon after she took to shooting my .45, then applied for her FID card and handgun purchase permits, just to "maybe get a .22 pistol." When she got her permits we went shopping for her .22. The salesman showed her a couple of guns and said "so, do you see anything you like?" She said "I like Joe's .45" She wound up buying a .22 pistol, and started shopping for 9mm's. A caliber that has a nice kick to it, and isn't that expensive to shoot. She took about a month shooting 9mm's and doing research. One day I'm shooting my S&W .38 Revolver and asked her if she'd like to put a few rounds through it, and the love affair was born. Long story short, she wound up buying a S&W Model 19 .357 Combat Magnum Revolver. My kind of woman Cool

FSO
  IP Logged
Starlifter
Serious Thumper

It only snows seven
months of the year
here.

Eastern Michigan
Reply #11 - 10/25/10 at 16:46:26

"Ammo prices did go up since Obama became pres, but It may just be coincidence."

Not a coincidence...right wing nuts bought up all the existing the stocks of guns and ammo after the election out of ridiculous fears perpetrated by the right wing corporate entities whom control this country.

Yeah, that big black buck in the white house is gonna' grab your guns, bust into your house, drink your liquor, and rape your women.

Gonna get me some RPG's and a few hand grenades...the buck is disarming us, and the A-Rabs are a coming!

I swear, some of you folks are nuts.

Proud to be everything the right-wing hates.
  IP Logged
Yonuh Adisi FSO
Serious Thumper

Savage Jedi (Knight)

Pilot Valley NV, aka Tatooine
Reply #12 - 10/25/10 at 18:28:43

I really don't have anything against gun ownership, but I myself prefer archery. I own a couple of re-curve bows and a crossbow pistol. You don't have to worry about waking the neighbors when you have to fire it against an intruder.  Wink Wink and you can re-use the ammo without having special equipment to repack ammunition brass.

Check out Flight of Destiny http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00H9130XC
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #13 - 10/25/10 at 18:31:19

Yonuh Adisi FSO wrote on 10/25/10 at 18:28:43:
I really don't have anything against gun ownership, but I myself prefer archery. I own a couple of re-curve bows and a crossbow pistol. You don't have to worry about waking the neighbors when you have to fire it against an intruder.  Wink Wink and you can re-use the ammo without having special equipment to repack ammunition brass.

... but you also have that light saber... Wink...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Yonuh Adisi FSO
Serious Thumper

Savage Jedi (Knight)

Pilot Valley NV, aka Tatooine
Reply #14 - 10/25/10 at 18:48:16

Serowbot wrote on 10/25/10 at 18:31:19:
Yonuh Adisi FSO wrote on 10/25/10 at 18:28:43:

... but you also have that light saber... Wink...

http://b7.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/00599/73/22/599452237_l.gif

Quite true and I have just created this new one as well.

Check out Flight of Destiny http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00H9130XC
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/06/24 at 12:31:21

General CategoryThe Cafe › Clarification, of sorts

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.