Send Topic Print
Multiculturism ??? (Read 855 times)
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: Multiculturism ???
Reply #75 - 10/20/10 at 17:19:32

Well, I didnt see that, like I said. All I saw was his point that he wasnt into the bilingual stuff & wanted people to learn the language & assimilate or leave...& I agree.
Look at what happened to the Roman empire.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #76 - 10/20/10 at 21:24:52

ALL overstuffed societies fail, be it Rome, Britain, Mongols, USSR, 3rd Reich, even China went the way of the dinosaur courtesy of Mao. Ever seen the ruins in SE Asia, Africa or Central and South America? Ever heard of the Anasazi, the Mound Builders, or the Iroquois League? Ever heard of the Moorish Empire, the Holy Roman Empire, the Vikings, Celts, Picts?

All gone, all for the same reasons. Overexpansion, over use of resources, sticking their noses where they didn't belong, and the mass entry of foreign ideals, some of which actually would have strengthened the empire in question.

I'm trying to con my wife into moving to Spain, Argentina, Chile, Uraguay, or Paraguay. So long as there are proper beaches (clothing optional), decent food and good beer I'll be happy. Hmm, my inner Spaniard/German is showing...

Oh, and pork is toxic unless it is served as ribs (on the bone) or sausage.

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #77 - 10/21/10 at 03:39:54

I mentioned the Romans because toward the end they started bringin people in & their society started to fracture. That wasnt the root of the problem, but it WAS one of them.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #78 - 10/21/10 at 10:58:48

I'd love to reform our immigration policies to accept only the best and brightest that can actually add something tangible to our society. We don't need any more hard scrabble day laborers, migrant fruit pickers, maids, etc. It isn't about their race either, it is about the fact that we as a society have become spoiled, lazy, ignorant...insert term here...

I'm getting ready to go back to school. I was offered a full ride to Johns Hopkins when I was 13, parents did not allow it. I've done the typical American shuffle from dead end job to dead end job, stint in the military, back to dead end jobs. Hated college the first time around, but hate ring around the collar jobs more.

We have an entire 2 generations of Americans who think the world owes them a comfortable life for zero outlay in return. Why do we have an immigration problem? It is pretty simple to figure out... If your kids don't have to work for what they have, sit around smoking pot and playing video games, keep squirting out unplanned babies with no idea what do do with them or how to take care of them... Someone else is going to see an opening that traditionally is filled by young Americans and step into it. You want to make changes, start at home. Shut off the TV, make your kids cut the lawn, weed the flower beds, do the dishes or whatever else needs to be taken care of. Send them to the fields and orchards at harvest time. Quit paying for their higher education, make them earn their own way. Take away their cars, dirt bikes and other luxuries, life isn't about what they can get for nothing.

All the steal and squander liberal boomers need to look in the mirror and say "I caused this".

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #79 - 10/21/10 at 11:05:25

WD wrote on 10/21/10 at 10:58:48:
I'd love to reform our immigration policies to accept only the best and brightest that can actually add something tangible to our society. We don't need any more hard scrabble day laborers, migrant fruit pickers, maids, etc. It isn't about their race either, it is about the fact that we as a society have become spoiled, lazy, ignorant...insert term here...

Great idea,... they can have all the good jobs, and we'll be the the low paid, menial laborers...  
You've really thought this out... Huh...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
weracerc
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Greensboro, NC
Reply #80 - 10/21/10 at 11:30:19

WD wrote on 10/21/10 at 10:58:48:
We have an entire 2 generations of Americans who think the world owes them a comfortable life for zero outlay in return. Why do we have an immigration problem? It is pretty simple to figure out... If your kids don't have to work for what they have, sit around smoking pot and playing video games, keep squirting out unplanned babies with no idea what do do with them or how to take care of them... Someone else is going to see an opening that traditionally is filled by young Americans and step into it. You want to make changes, start at home. Shut off the TV, make your kids cut the lawn, weed the flower beds, do the dishes or whatever else needs to be taken care of. Send them to the fields and orchards at harvest time. Quit paying for their higher education, make them earn their own way. Take away their cars, dirt bikes and other luxuries, life isn't about what they can get for nothing.

yep - no free rides - for anyone - especially our own kids.....if they dont earn it they dont respect the effort it takes to get it.

"GOD Was Busy, He Sent The Marines"
</div
  IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #81 - 10/21/10 at 12:45:36

Oh, don't get me started on the children of today...  I don't have the stomach for it today.  

I will say that I think the "entitlement" that the kids feel today comes from us thinking that we were "doing better" by our kids.  Giving them more than we had was not "doing better", although I think that's what we thought.   

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
mornhm - FSO
Serious Thumper

HMMM

Reply #82 - 10/21/10 at 13:20:20

I don't know, I'm pretty proud of my kids (3 out of 4 - we do have one that has "issues"). One graduated college - her and her husband both have teaching jobs. One is in college - sophomore, A student, ROTC, was enlisted during high school. One is in high school - sophomore, A student, considering following his brother into the service). Did I mention they all are/were tri-athletes and active in music and drama?

My youngest son said recently that he and his friends were discussing their parents recently and he was wondering if his parents are weird because we never ground them, and rarely dish out punishment, and let them do most of what they want to do. Grin

IP Logged
Jerry Eichenberger
Serious Thumper

2006 S40.  OEM
windshield, saddle
bags, Sportster

Columbus, Ohio
Reply #83 - 10/21/10 at 13:32:48

Mornhm -

We're kinda in the same boat - we have only one child, a daughter who, by some standards, would be said to have been spoiled rotten.

However, giving your kids what you can afford to do for them isn't necessarily spoiling them.  Yes, we provided lots of material things for her, and I guess it's easier to do when you have only one child.

But at the same time, we gave her a very firm foundation in religion (sorry, Mick - please, no rant in reply) morality, and self discipline.  We also instilled a strong business and work ethic in her.

Today, at age 30, she owns her own business with about 20 full time employees, and does very well financially.  She is a city councilman (NOT a councilwoman, by her own insistence, she says that the office is councilman, she just happens to be a female who occupies that office), and is married to a great guy who is our county recorder.  They have only been married 1.5 years, so no kids of their own yet.

Luckily, they live just 7/10ths of a mile from us, so in nice weather we can walk to each other's houses.  We are able to see them several times per week, and usually have dinner together at least twice a week.

Giving your kids what you can afford to do for them doesn't mean they have to turn out unappreciative or lazy.  In fact, my daughter has a framed sign above her desk that just has three letters on it - DSR.

It stands for Do Sh.. Right.

I'm very proud of her.

Jerry Eichenberger
Columbus, Ohio
  IP Logged
Starlifter
Serious Thumper

It only snows seven
months of the year
here.

Eastern Michigan
Reply #84 - 10/21/10 at 13:41:48

"All the steal and squander liberal boomers need to look in the mirror and say "I caused this."

...well you had a pretty good post going there until that last sentence.

When you pronounce to an entire generation that they are the cause of all ills, you're not speaking from a position of knowledge or even emotional maturity. Please stop with the stereotyping...

Us baby Boomers have brought plenty to the table...60's, 70's, 80's, 90's...
so when you 20 or 30 or 40 -somethings pregnant dog about us, and consider us evil or irrelevant, you need to keep in mind what we have contributed to this society:

Cell phones, Computers, DVD's/CD's, Ipods, Cordless phones, VHS/VCR recorders, Walkmans, Apple Mac, Nike sneakers, floppy disk, Pentium processors, micro processors, ethernet, Xerox, Laser printers, Ink jet printers, Computer Mouse, hubble Space Telescope, GPS, Com Satellites, Satellite TV, Digital Cameras, THE WEB, Lasers, The moon landings, The Space Shuttle, Music Videos, Cable Television, Full intergration of 'in color' television broadcasting, automobile air bags, Bar Codes, Email, LCD's, MRI's, The Pacemaker, Fiber optics, Kevlar, Hypertext, Portable Calculators.....

Each generation comes of age KNOWING that they didn't create the shltload of problems they are asked to deal with. And each generation learns that over time their own generation will divide up on different sides of the political spectrum. And each generation learns that the younger generation that is just becoming politically aware will lump them all together and blame them as a group for the state of things that many of them have actually worked and ARE working to transform. Bottom line is each generation has a lot of learning to do and it takes a life time cuz life just keeps on doling out lessons.

Proud to be everything the right-wing hates.
  IP Logged
weracerc
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Greensboro, NC
Reply #85 - 10/21/10 at 13:51:26

my son who is now 24 and a US Marine was told there are three rules in life:
1 Mind your mouth and manners
2 do what you are told
3 stay out of trouble - do what ever it takes to ensure this rule is never broken

He was told at age 12 that if he wanted a car he would have to pay for it and the insurance and he also not allowed to drive until he was 18 (we did not allow the NC progressive license startuing at 15.5 yrs)

He got a job saved his money and bought his 1st car $3200 for 1994 Honda Civic and paid the insurance $976 per 6 months for bare minimum liability.....he took very good care of that car and never had any driving issues, no speeding no wrecks no problems.

His wife age 19 was not given a car by her parents either - My son bought her first car for her and she proceeded to wreck it, get a speeding ticket in it..........not saying just because it was given to her that these things happened......but the more times a see things just handed over without some effort being put it get it there seems to be a much lower level of concern over what happens to the item......

My step son age 22 was given a $500 van by his mother at age 18 - he has had nothing but isuues DUI's, wrecks, tickets, he has been told to GET OUT of my house and is now living with his girlfriend - he contributes to the household and pays his own way now and he is starting to act like an adult and gaining a much needed level of responsibility....I just hope he continues down the path to a more responsible life....but no matter what he is NOT coming back to live in my house....and his mother agrees.

not that any of this has anything to do with the topic but if we hand over free stuff to those come here then they precieve an entitlement to more stuff - instead of the True American Way - get off your butt and go earn an honest living and dont expect anything for free or any handouts.

"GOD Was Busy, He Sent The Marines"
</div
  IP Logged
mick
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Hell-bound

Dayton Oregon
Reply #86 - 10/21/10 at 14:10:02

When I left home at the ripe old age of 15 my dad said 3 words to me.
"Don't Fu+k Up.
and ever since I have never made love to a woman while she is on top.

Science and Logic fly you to the moon,
Religion makes you fly into skyscrapers
mickrowe37   IP Logged
Lupo

Reply #87 - 10/21/10 at 15:08:11

Huhoh-oh............................. Wink

IP Logged
tcreeley

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #88 - 10/21/10 at 16:14:05

Since the 1960's the US has had 0 population growth based on US births and deaths. The growth in our population 240 million to 300  million has been due to our open immigration policy. We have used immigration to provide a source of cheap labor to keep wages down. Even now we encourage immigration for the same reason. Corporations benefit from low wages. (No one else does though!)  Whenever the economy is bust, people fight for the few jobs- and are less  willing to be tolerant. That is what we have now.

tcreeley

it is what it is
  IP Logged
mick
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Hell-bound

Dayton Oregon
Reply #89 - 10/21/10 at 16:16:17

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 10/21/10 at 03:39:54:
I mentioned the Romans because toward the end they started bringin people in & their society started to fracture. That wasnt the root of the problem, but it WAS one of them.

I think it had alot to do with complacency,they got fat and lazy all they could do all day was eat sleep screw ,and drink like fishes,debauchery
orgy's  etc,,      more or less like the USA.
PS and I think just about the whole population went gay,or was that in Sodom and gamora ?

Science and Logic fly you to the moon,
Religion makes you fly into skyscrapers
mickrowe37   IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/16/24 at 23:25:47

General CategoryThe Cafe › Multiculturism ???

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.