Air filter... (Read 103 times)
nathanhooper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!
 Seriously...

NorthWest Arkansas
Air filter...
08/29/10 at 12:05:22

Ok, so I have done my research but cannot come up with the links I need.  I got to thinking, after checking prices on stock air filters Shocked, why not reuse the case and put my own filter media in there.  Seems that it is a pretty basic thing to do and I am definitely not the first.  I hear about OF's nufoam, but cannot seem to find the link to the original post. Anyone help me out?  I also had thought of using a paper filter caulked in there and found one reference to it.  I would thin that there would be more than that, or am I wrong?  Anyone done this before with good results?  Thanks again, you guys are perty smart.

IP Logged
JohnBoy
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Air filter...
Reply #1 - 08/29/10 at 12:34:49

I too gutted a paper filter, leaving only the wire screen and the shell.
I made a wire mesh cover out of expanded metal lath.
I cut Nu Foam blocks from two inch thick bats, spray the airbox side with Canola oil and drop my cover on. It's cheap, easy, and it breathes better than stock. Check your idle before making the change and I will bet that you have to turn your idle down a bit after installing the Nu Foam.

IP Logged
Paladin.
Serious Thumper

Hamster

Sunny Southern California
Reply #2 - 08/29/10 at 12:36:06

http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?board=tech;action=display;num=1183640744

The original message, now long gone, was the original air cleaner modification.  Oldfeller kept the basics.  NuFoam works jes' fine.  I use olive oil -- extra virgin!

WWW   IP Logged
JohnBoy
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #3 - 08/29/10 at 12:38:19

Paladin. wrote on 08/29/10 at 12:36:06:
http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?board=tech;action=display;num=1183640744

The original message, now long gone, was the original air cleaner modification.  Oldfeller kept the basics.  NuFoam works jes' fine.  I use olive oil -- extra virgin!

Two condoms?

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #4 - 08/29/10 at 14:00:16

Oldfeller has a grand scheme for doing that mod. Holler at him. If I hadnt already bought the K&N b4 he did his mod, I woulda done what he did.. may yet, I still have the OEM jobbie..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/23/24 at 14:30:15

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Air filter...

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.