another milestone (Read 179 times)
mick
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Hell-bound

Dayton Oregon
another milestone
08/23/10 at 15:37:50

in about a week I will have quit smoking for one year,  am I happy about that ?  Yes and no,yes because I don't cough anymore ,take note Piglet my breath is kissing sweet,but at my age I have no one to kiss.
After washing my sisters car, the sun was shining I made a fresh cup of tea, sat in my outside rocker and reached for my shirt pocket for a smoke ,there wasn't any, I think I shed a tear,I was a two pack a day man and that works out at $300 a month,and social security just aint enough,So like it or not I have to quit. But if cigs went down to a buck a pack ,you would see smoke coming from my nose and ears and even my arse. And the biggy my insurence will go back up.reluctantly I shall remain a non smoker because I'm smart,they do say that smart people find it easier to quit Smiley
Many years ago in England I thought the company that made a brand of Asprin was very clever ,in there ads mostly bill boards in those days,
It said "Only Inteligent people suffer from headaches" so use joe's Asprin, but every one you bumped into was carrying Joes Asprin,
even I carried the darn things and I have never had a headache in my life,does that tell you something ?

Science and Logic fly you to the moon,
Religion makes you fly into skyscrapers
mickrowe37   IP Logged
Trippah
Serious Thumper

I ride, therefore I
am.

central Mass
Re: another milestone
Reply #1 - 08/23/10 at 15:44:30

Growing up, a good friend's dad used to take a deep drag on his cig, then puff..puff..puff..smoke out his ears liker= an old steam locomotive; he had lost his ear drums in the korean (I think) war. Smiley
Smoking from your butt, there is an image to block.

IP Logged
kimchris1
Serious Thumper

Pink Posse Rider...

Belfair, Washington
Reply #2 - 08/23/10 at 20:44:12

Congratulations Mick, Big hugs and I as well personally know how hard it is to get off those stinky things. Yet breathing is better.. Keep it up.  Smileykim

IP Logged
mick
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Hell-bound

Dayton Oregon
Reply #3 - 08/23/10 at 21:16:37

kimchris1 wrote on 08/23/10 at 20:44:12:
Congratulations Mick, Big hugs and I as well personally know how hard it is to get off those stinky things. Yet breathing is better.. Keep it up.  Smileykim

thanks Kim,so you went through aswell huh ! so you keep it up too.

mickrowe37   IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #4 - 08/23/10 at 22:08:13

Way to go Mick...   Wink...

... and keep workin' that hand...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Paladin.
Serious Thumper

Hamster

Sunny Southern California
Reply #5 - 08/23/10 at 22:10:49

mick wrote on 08/23/10 at 15:37:50:
in about a week I will have quit smoking for one year,  am I happy about that ?  Yes and no,yes because I don't cough anymore ,take note Piglet my breath is kissing sweet,but at my age I have no one to kiss....

I did not quit smoking, I merely paused.  Because I have some to kiss.  Without that, I would continue.  I still find the aroma pleasant.

You have made it past a year.  You did choose, not the addiction.  That is GOOD.

WWW   IP Logged
mick
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Hell-bound

Dayton Oregon
Reply #6 - 08/23/10 at 22:37:19

Paladin. wrote on 08/23/10 at 22:10:49:
mick wrote on 08/23/10 at 15:37:50:
in about a week I will have quit smoking for one year,  am I happy about that ?  Yes and no,yes because I don't cough anymore ,take note Piglet my breath is kissing sweet,but at my age I have no one to kiss....

I did not quit smoking, I merely paused.  Because I have some to kiss.  Without that, I would continue.  I still find the aroma pleasant.

You have made it past a year.  You did choose, not the addiction.  That is GOOD.

Paladin we both know cigarettes are bad news, yes the aroma is still pleasant ,but after all that hard work to quit the bloody things,I aim to to stay quit,who knows I can still meet a woman close to my age who preferes a non smoker.

mickrowe37   IP Logged
mick
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Hell-bound

Dayton Oregon
Reply #7 - 08/23/10 at 22:52:34

Serowbot wrote on 08/23/10 at 22:08:13:
Way to go Mick...   Wink...

... and keep workin' that hand...  

I am mate, and I have noticed a slight improvement ,my theropist has made me two more splints that seem to be working. I did see a Savage for sale about 3 miles away,I got out of my cage and had a look see ,but try as I might I could still not pull in the clutch lever, but I will keep trying.

mickrowe37   IP Logged
kimchris1
Serious Thumper

Pink Posse Rider...

Belfair, Washington
Reply #8 - 08/23/10 at 23:18:02

Mick, I am not your age, yet here's a kiss from a non smoker as well. Kiss  I don't enjoy the smell from them at all.
I have been off of cigarettes for over 2 years and did it cold turkey. I enjoy being able to breathe without meds. I also smell good.. Wink kim

IP Logged
BurnPgh
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #9 - 08/24/10 at 02:56:48

personally...I love smoking. the smell, the taste, the feeling of it in my lungs and the dance of smoke that result from a slow exhale. The only issue I have is who owns the major tobacco companies. Not the employees of said companies. Not the workers. But then again, every breath is blood, every fiber of clothing is blood, every drop of water and bite of food is blood off the backs of the 3rd world in the long run. In for a penny, in for a pound. You might aswell smoke. Have you been paying attention to the world situation economically? Moraly? Who the he!! in their right mind wants to live to be 80 to see the next step in human development? Not I.

IP Logged
Jerry Eichenberger
Serious Thumper

2006 S40.  OEM
windshield, saddle
bags, Sportster

Columbus, Ohio
Reply #10 - 08/24/10 at 06:13:35

Burn -

You must have come from a prior time.  Karl Marx would be proud.

Face up to reality - everyone has talents, and we're all different.  What it takes to own and run a business is seldom the same as what it takes to perform the mechanical functions of the business.  Neither is better or worse than the other; just different.

My airport is a good example - I'm not a mechanic - if I tried to fix airplanes, they would all crash.  But I do know how to run the buisness.  My general manager is a great guy, a very skilled pilot and mechanic, but he drives me to drink sometimes about simple business issues.

Such as - I got a call last evening that we are very low on our jet fuel supply.  And, we've got 3 jets coming in today that will need fuel.

I've told and told these guys at what supply level to order more fuel, yet I must not be speaking English to them.  Seems prettty simple, IF you think "business" and just follow up and keep an eye on things.

I don't think "mechanic", and these guys don't think "business".  Same reason we aren't all blue or brown eyed - we're all different and have different talents.

How many worker owned businesses are there?  Few that employ more than about 4 people.  Now you know the resaon.

Jerry Eichenberger
Columbus, Ohio
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #11 - 08/24/10 at 11:17:52

Burn, people are paid for their labor. Paid from the profits their labors generate. Profit is whats left after ALL costs & losses are taken out. A good employee will focus attentions & labors to create the most income & minimize costs & losses. Rare they are. Accomplishing more than my coworkers was part of the joy of working.Ever time,  When the economy started down, I was kept as long as p[ossible by every place but one. POlitics at work ( not "politics" as in Pubs & Dems, but politics in the "butt kissin" sense, which I have alwaysrefused to do, since my Work is my stock in trade, not my butt kissin abilities).

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #12 - 08/24/10 at 12:12:26

Congrats Mick.  I'm proud of you!   Kiss  Kiss

Here's a couple old ads I thought you might get a kick out of.

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
kennycreed
Alliance Member

Island Of Lewis SCOTLAND
Reply #13 - 08/24/10 at 15:34:51

If you stop smoking and drinking and going with women, your not going to live any longer. It's just going to feel that way

trying to be as good a person as my dog thinks I am
  IP Logged
Southpaw
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

This ol' dog ain't
staying on the
porch!

Missouri
Reply #14 - 08/24/10 at 21:26:25

Congrats, Mick. You've got a great attitude about your ordeal. I wouldn't bet against you doing ANYTHING you set your mind to.

2004 Savage. Happiness isn't around the corner, its IN the corners!....I gotta question the integrity of any organization that would have the likes of me as a member...Groucho Marx
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/17/24 at 02:00:09

General CategoryThe Cafe › another milestone

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.