Bluetooth stuff (Read 249 times)
Skid Mark
Serious Thumper

FSO

Calgary, Alberta
Re: Bluetooth stuff
Reply #15 - 07/27/10 at 07:23:18

Celia:
I have the same ones as Babyhog and her husband. Good to hear the 2 way comm works well. I haven't had the chance to try that yet. Listened to the FM radio on the way in to work. I find it sounds ok while doing city riding, but can't hear a thing when on the highway.

These head sets come with a cord that plugs into the Ipod headphone jack and a jack on the unit so you can listen to the Iphone. Since road noixce is an issue on the hiway I haven't tried this yet. A fellow worker has done this and says its ok but the sound is tinny.

Just remember not to get distracted when using these gadgets. Mick and Justin have very valid points.
When we screw up in a car we repair bumpers. When we screw up on a bike we go to the hospital.

2008 S40 , Windshield, Sigma Cycle Computer, after market backrest & luggage rack, Tkat Fork Brace, saddlebags, 12v power supply, Garmin GPS
'09 C50SE, '09 C90
Shoulda got into this years ago
  IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #16 - 07/27/10 at 07:23:30

She didn't ask for your instructions/comments on how to ride.  She asked for recommendations on headsets.

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #17 - 07/27/10 at 07:28:30

For get the headsets before its to late,,,,,,,,,,,,you want need them 6 feet under.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #18 - 07/27/10 at 07:36:52

babyhog wrote on 07/27/10 at 07:23:30:
She didn't ask for your instructions/comments on how to ride.  She asked for recommendations on headsets.

If she asked for instructions on how to build a pipe bomb, my answer would have been. DONT. Im not gonna sit here & watch someone learn how to do something I see as dangerous w/o saying so.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #19 - 07/27/10 at 07:45:57

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 07/27/10 at 07:36:52:
babyhog wrote on 07/27/10 at 07:23:30:

If she asked for instructions on how to build a pipe bomb, my answer would have been. DONT. Im not gonna sit here & watch someone learn how to do something I see as dangerous w/o saying so.

I understand what you are saying and respect that.  But there are many aspects of riding that some think is dangerous and others don't.  Going over 70mph on this bike, I think CAN BE dangerous.  Riding without a helmet CAN BE dangerous.  Listening to a headset while riding CAN BE dangerous.  Building a pipe bomb IS dangerous.  Riding a motorcycle in general CAN BE dangerous.  We choose our own risks, is all I'm saying.  If she feels comfortable riding with a headset, I was just giving my recommendation on which one.  I never meant to imply that there was no danger in it.  I think she already knows that.    

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #20 - 07/27/10 at 08:09:47

You were warned!

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
gerald.hughes
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

FSO

Tucson, Az
Reply #21 - 07/27/10 at 08:53:41

With all due respect, I can't really see that riding with a headset is a problem, or at least no more of a problem than many other practices that we regularly engage in.

People dive down the road listening to the radio in their cars, with the windows rolled up, and the air conditioning on.

Many riders wear ear plugs when they ride.  

Lots of us have installed louder pipes on our bikes, which also interfere with our ability to hear surrounding sounds.

Many studies have shown that background noise can actually improve focus and attention-hence chanting, and the use of white noise and ambience recordings to aid people with stress.

Personally, I like the music that my engine produces, but if someone else prefers the Eagles doing "Life in the fast lane", so be it.

IP Logged
LostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #22 - 07/27/10 at 08:56:18

Celia, good luck on your choice, thanks for the info Babyhog, gadgets are cool :p   and you are very right, everyone gets to choose their own dangers.

IP Logged
CeliaMarie

2009 Blvd s40!

Long Island, NY
Reply #23 - 07/27/10 at 10:23:28

Thank you all for your opinions. I respect them all.

IP Logged
kimchris1
Serious Thumper

Pink Posse Rider...

Belfair, Washington
Reply #24 - 07/27/10 at 11:00:57

Piglet, I gave my opinion as a safety precaution. I  feel their are plenty of distractions without the headsets.

A couple years ago hubby and I tried headsets. I hated it. It didn't fit well inside my helmet and I found it distracting as well.

Again this is a topic some can agree and some can disagree and at the end we shake hands and remain friends. Or in my case I give hugs..  Wink  kim

IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #25 - 07/27/10 at 14:20:22

I'm not shaken hands with Piglet Angry

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #26 - 07/27/10 at 18:48:34

bill67 wrote on 07/27/10 at 14:20:22:
I'm not shaken hands with Piglet Angry

Fine! Be that way!  

I think I'd have to hug you anyway...

IP Logged
CeliaMarie

2009 Blvd s40!

Long Island, NY
Reply #27 - 07/28/10 at 03:34:57

Wink

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home