Send Topic Print
Weight loss (Read 242 times)
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: Weight loss
Reply #15 - 06/20/10 at 01:52:10

What you have a garden for if all you eat is oatmeal?

J/K Mick.

Being skinny is a good way to live a long life. A calorie restricted diet is the only proven life extension method known( well, known by the common folks, anyway). Avoiding calorie dense foods, ice cream, for instance is impolrtant to long life.Many People who are fighting diabetes can win by strict diet control. Keeping the blood sugar evened out by eating small meals often allows the body to heal & strat to regulate itself. Of course, those small meals have to be meals made up of the right stuff. Beans for breakfast is one of the recommended ways to start out.

« Last Edit: 06/20/10 at 05:51:43 by justin_o_guy2 »  

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
mick
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Hell-bound

Dayton Oregon
Reply #16 - 06/20/10 at 09:31:50

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 06/20/10 at 01:52:10:
What you have a garden for if all you eat is oatmeal?

J/K Mick.

Being skinny is a good way to live a long life. A calorie restricted diet is the only proven life extension method known( well, known by the common folks, anyway). Avoiding calorie dense foods, ice cream, for instance is impolrtant to long life.Many People who are fighting diabetes can win by strict diet control. Keeping the blood sugar evened out by eating small meals often allows the body to heal & strat to regulate itself. Of course, those small meals have to be meals made up of the right stuff. Beans for breakfast is one of the recommended ways to start out.

it's my sisters garden,she loves veggies, but I do enjoy strawberries,cherrys,blue berries, rasberrys, figs,apples and pears,we grow them all and we graze every day,we had a bumper crop of strawberry's this year,we had a late frost and the cherrys took a hit,we will be lucky to get 10 pound off 3 trees.

Science and Logic fly you to the moon,
Religion makes you fly into skyscrapers
mickrowe37   IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #17 - 06/20/10 at 10:04:07

My secret to staying trim,... insomnia, worry, and a high idle...

...I didn't say it was a good one... Huh...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Skid Mark
Serious Thumper

FSO

Calgary, Alberta
Reply #18 - 06/20/10 at 16:00:11

Pretty hard to argue with the eat less and eat right  theorys. I do cut down on all be bad stuff mentioned. I work in a office so my best chance to burn calories is to exercise. I do get out on the bicycle some but the motorcycle is way more fun. The workouts burn the calories and with the streaches, keep me limber. I've proven that if I don't use it, I loose it.

2008 S40 , Windshield, Sigma Cycle Computer, after market backrest & luggage rack, Tkat Fork Brace, saddlebags, 12v power supply, Garmin GPS
'09 C50SE, '09 C90
Shoulda got into this years ago
  IP Logged
mick
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Hell-bound

Dayton Oregon
Reply #19 - 06/20/10 at 20:05:55

Skid Mark wrote on 06/20/10 at 16:00:11:
Pretty hard to argue with the eat less and eat right  theorys. I do cut down on all be bad stuff mentioned. I work in a office so my best chance to burn calories is to exercise. I do get out on the bicycle some but the motorcycle is way more fun. The workouts burn the calories and with the streaches, keep me limber. I've proven that if I don't use it, I loose it.  

Skid, you can allways put a kick start on the Savage ,that might help.

Science and Logic fly you to the moon,
Religion makes you fly into skyscrapers
mickrowe37   IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #20 - 06/20/10 at 21:53:49

Just a god , long stretch & slow movements, working to keep/regain flexibility will help. People who go to the gym to exercise freak me out. Laying/sitting on a machine, grunting & in pain? REally? Thats no fun & if its not fun, then I am concious of ALL the discomfort. But, if Im having fun, then I can overlook some of that discomfort & keep on going farther.
Lifestyle fitness, doing things that need done, staying active. Thats what Im trying to do & I AM stronger this year than last, but still Way, way, less than I was.
Stretching/bending/moving, have been instrumental in what recovery Ive had.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Jerry Eichenberger
Serious Thumper

2006 S40.  OEM
windshield, saddle
bags, Sportster

Columbus, Ohio
Reply #21 - 06/21/10 at 05:26:06

Since a good number of us appear tobe late middle aged at best, remember that your metabolism slows down a lot after age 60.

I know that I can gain a couple or three pounds just over a weekend if I eat junk.  For me, my healthy eating is best during the work week, when I can get salmon salads, etc. for lunch, and my wife and I typically eat dinner alone or with just each other more during the week.

But when the weekend comes, especially our almost every Friday night gathering with a group of friends, that's when caution goes to the wind.

I often spend Mon. thru Fri. losing the weight that I gain Friday night thru Sunday.

Jerry Eichenberger
Columbus, Ohio
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/18/24 at 17:57:11

General CategoryThe Cafe › Weight loss

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.