mpescatori
Serious Thumper

Romanum Thumperium
Cavalco, yeaaah !!!

Rome, Italy
Re: cell phone
Reply #15 - 05/25/10 at 08:07:28

Well, Mick, congratulations for the High-Tech !  Smiley

Europe introduced GSM phones with text messaging as early as 1992, and we've never looked back!

I have no idea how things work in the Sates, here in the Old World you BUY the phone and get a "rechargeable, pay-as-you-call" SIM Card.

That's right, "Rechargeable" because you charge (credit) a certain amount of money any time you like, and are charged only when you place a call, never when you are on the receiving end.
This means the $20 you "recharged" may last you a few days, or a few months.

"Charges" may last from 10 months to one full year (365 days from the day you last recharged) and are cumulative, meaning if you have $5 credit and charge $20, your overall total $25 will last you another full 10/12 months.

The current average price for a call is around 10-15 Eurocents (12-20 cents of a US$) per minute; some may have very cheap costs for calling other phones of your specific provider, or offer "family profiles"; others offer the same cost whomever you call, be it a land line or any cellphone provider.

In my case, I pay 17 Eurocents/minute whomever I call, any time of the day or night. Overall quite good.
Wink

Maurizio Pescatori, Esq.
Gentleman Rider

Mikuni BST40, K&N filter, Stage2 cam, Verslagen tensioner, Sportster muff, 120 proof moonshine, Pirelli MT 66 tourers... and a chain conversion too !
mpescatori   IP Logged
Southpaw
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

This ol' dog ain't
staying on the
porch!

Missouri
Reply #16 - 05/25/10 at 12:38:01

Congratulations Mick, hope you like it! My Father-in-law was an over the road trucker and now I have inlaws scattered across six states. The money we saved on long distance charges over the holidays pretty much paid for the family plan we took out!

2004 Savage. Happiness isn't around the corner, its IN the corners!....I gotta question the integrity of any organization that would have the likes of me as a member...Groucho Marx
  IP Logged
mick
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Hell-bound

Dayton Oregon
Reply #17 - 05/25/10 at 12:50:12

mpescatori wrote on 05/25/10 at 08:07:28:
Well, Mick, congratulations for the High-Tech !  Smiley

Europe introduced GSM phones with text messaging as early as 1992, and we've never looked back!

I have no idea how things work in the Sates, here in the Old World you BUY the phone and get a "rechargeable, pay-as-you-call" SIM Card.

That's right, "Rechargeable" because you charge (credit) a certain amount of money any time you like, and are charged only when you place a call, never when you are on the receiving end.
This means the $20 you "recharged" may last you a few days, or a few months.

"Charges" may last from 10 months to one full year (365 days from the day you last recharged) and are cumulative, meaning if you have $5 credit and charge $20, your overall total $25 will last you another full 10/12 months.

The current average price for a call is around 10-15 Eurocents (12-20 cents of a US$) per minute; some may have very cheap costs for calling other phones of your specific provider, or offer "family profiles"; others offer the same cost whomever you call, be it a land line or any cellphone provider.

In my case, I pay 17 Eurocents/minute whomever I call, any time of the day or night. Overall quite good.
Wink

All I pay is $14 a month. as many minutes as I want up to a 1000, and they do roll over if not used,I have three family members who are free, all the time.Weekends are free , and nights from 7pm to 7 am.,we shopped around and it's about the best we could find,it will be just fine for me I dislike using the phone because I am a little hard of hearing. I like to text,it's short and sweet.

Science and Logic fly you to the moon,
Religion makes you fly into skyscrapers
mickrowe37   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/19/24 at 01:54:06

General CategoryThe Cafe › cell phone

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.