Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Dramtic Missile and Ordinance Pics: (Read 317 times)
earlytimz

Savage model 417

(4 speed, 17mm)

BG, KY
Re: Dramtic Missile and Ordinance Pics:
Reply #15 - 05/25/10 at 08:30:35

True, but S Korea is our ally. What happens when China & Iran step up for N Korea??
See, this gets really complicated, really quick!!

IP Logged
dasch
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #16 - 05/25/10 at 11:38:38

South Korea is not technically your ally. Why? Simple - I don't see any S. Korean soldiers in Afghan or Iraq. I don't see them anywhere in the world along with your folks. South Korea is your protectorate! Huge difference. You spend billions of tax $$$ to keep them safe. They don't do much for common US folk except producing consumer's electronics for hungry US market. Less and less, having China doing that now.
On strategic level, they keep Maeh Jong or whatever the idiot's name is - on his toes. Which is good. For US and the world. Because he's an idiot.
I say US holds it's horses for a while, you don't need another war, and the world definitelly doesn't.
Pictures are great, sorry for snatching the post.

IP Logged
Gort
Ex Member

Reply #17 - 05/25/10 at 11:45:31

dasch wrote on 05/25/10 at 11:38:38:
South Korea is not technically your ally. Why? Simple - I don't see any S. Korean soldiers in Afghan or Iraq. I don't see them anywhere in the world along with your folks. South Korea is your protectorate! Huge difference. You spend billions of tax $$$ to keep them safe. They don't do much for common US folk except producing consumer's electronics for hungry US market. Less and less, having China doing that now.
On strategic level, they keep Maeh Jong or whatever the idiot's name is - on his toes. Which is good. For US and the world. Because he's an idiot.
I say US holds it's horses for a while, you don't need another war, and the world definitelly doesn't.

No no, not at all, Dasch.  You didn't 'snatch' anything. This is a public entertainment forum and all replies of any kind are always interesting and valid.

IP Logged
earlytimz

Savage model 417

(4 speed, 17mm)

BG, KY
Reply #18 - 05/25/10 at 12:01:06

You make a valid point! Although I'm not sure you can gauge an ally just by whether or not they have a presence in the middle east. I don't think Japan has troops there either (could be wrong) but I would consider them an ally. Besides, isn't it supposed to be a UN effort?

I agree the US shouldn't get involved unless absolutely necessary. I think we should concentrate more on our own border problems before we worry about others. Unfortunately that's not always possible. Too many "friends" depend on us for protection (like you stated). I feel that the neighboring countries like Japan & China should step in to help out but it's entirely too possible that China will back N Korea if the sh!t hits the fan. Then of course you can expect Iran to follow suit. Whatever actions S Korea takes, they need to know that the rest of the world is behind them.

So what's the solution?? Hell, I dunno.. How 'bout a well placed sniper shot between Kimbo's eyes? That would surely solve a lot of headaches & send a nice message to the other troublemakers...

IP Logged
dasch
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #19 - 05/25/10 at 13:00:58

Well, correct, you can't, but what's an "ally" then?? A voting hand in UN council?? Hell, erlytimz, US can buy that voting hand whenever you need it. Check out Eastern Europe countries... we go wherever you want us!  Wink  Rhetorical BS, please disregard...
Japan wouldn't do jack. They can't, it's in their constitution for good. China would... who knows. They sell everything they produce to US, plus, you owe them billions $$ of loans... Kinda hard to bite the American hand that feeds you, and will feed you apparently forever.
As you said, someone should just gun Maeh Jong down...

IP Logged
earlytimz

Savage model 417

(4 speed, 17mm)

BG, KY
Reply #20 - 05/25/10 at 13:33:24

It's sad & embarrassing to me that we are so co-dependent with China. I'm as guilty as anyone I guess when it comes to buying Chinese made products. I try to avoid it when possible, but it's really hard to find anything not made over there. Is it like that where you are? Where are you, by the way?
Hell, I thought I was doing a good thing 2 years ago. We bought a new Saturn Vue... I've always been a fan of GM & felt proud to buy an American made car. You know, trying to help out the economy and all... First ever new car for me (well, for the ex). We got it home and I started flipping thru the paperwork. As it turns out, the darn thing was built in Mexico!! It felt like someone drop kicked me in the chest!! Turned out to be a great car, but a very expensive moral lesson...

IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #21 - 05/25/10 at 14:27:38

GM and Ford built cars in Mexico because of cheaper labor,I followed their smarts and bought a Kia,Why, cheaper labor than Mexico.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
Tiefighterpilot

Daily Rider

San Francisco
Reply #22 - 05/25/10 at 23:06:00

I want to point out couple of facts, since South Korea did not do a good marketing/propaganda campaign in the US selling their value as our ally.

1.  South Korean Army deployed over 300k troops in Viet Nam.  Do you know who else came to fight along side US? Australia and New Zealand sent about 8K, and Phillipines sent about 10K over the course of the War.
2.  South Korean Army deployed 20K troops in Iraq.  You've all seen Americans get beheaded by the terrorist right?  Did you know that Korea also had to deal with that?

In Viet Nam-300K troops including some of the most distinguished troops, including S. Korea's 9th Infantry Division (White Horse Div) fought there.  This division consisted of:

Armored Company
Direct Control Company
Reconnaissance Company
Engineering Battalion
30th Field Artillery Battalion
51st Field Artillery Battalion
52nd Field Artillery Battalion
966th Field Artillery Battalion
28th Infantry Regiment
29th Infantry Regiment
30th Infantry Regiment

Little more than support role I would say.

Just because we don't see them in US media, that does not mean they are not there.  I think facts should help decide if Korea is ally or not.  I am sure if Korea goes to war, many people in US will not remember who stood with them.  South Koreans remember who came to help when North Korean in Soviet tanks attacked.  

If you want to learn more about what I posted, you can always ask a vet who was there... or if you don't know any, do some research at the library or the net.

2007 S40, KN Cone Air Filter, BCB Pipe, BCB Fender and seat, Superbrace Fork Brace with guard, 55 Pilot, 155 Main, washer mod, iridium spark plug, no afterfire, some engine breaking noise
  IP Logged
mikelhsr1982

Who turned up the
heat

WV
Reply #23 - 05/26/10 at 00:24:14

Tiefighterpilot wrote on 05/25/10 at 23:06:00:
I want to point out couple of facts, since South Korea did not do a good marketing/propaganda campaign in the US selling their value as our ally.

1.  South Korean Army deployed over 300k troops in Viet Nam.  Do you know who else came to fight along side US? Australia and New Zealand sent about 8K, and Phillipines sent about 10K over the course of the War.
2.  South Korean Army deployed 20K troops in Iraq.  You've all seen Americans get beheaded by the terrorist right?  Did you know that Korea also had to deal with that?

In Viet Nam-300K troops including some of the most distinguished troops, including S. Korea's 9th Infantry Division (White Horse Div) fought there.  This division consisted of:

Armored Company
Direct Control Company
Reconnaissance Company
Engineering Battalion
30th Field Artillery Battalion
51st Field Artillery Battalion
52nd Field Artillery Battalion
966th Field Artillery Battalion
28th Infantry Regiment
29th Infantry Regiment
30th Infantry Regiment

Little more than support role I would say.

Just because we don't see them in US media, that does not mean they are not there.  I think facts should help decide if Korea is ally or not.  I am sure if Korea goes to war, many people in US will not remember who stood with them.  South Koreans remember who came to help when North Korean in Soviet tanks attacked.  

If you want to learn more about what I posted, you can always ask a vet who was there... or if you don't know any, do some research at the library or the net.

I seen you mentioned the media.  In my opinion, be it right or wrong, the media is an evil thing in time of war.  In Vietnam, Im sure the media didnt show the positive things soldiers were doing.  They want to shoe the negative things.  Same thing with the conflicts in between.  I served in Iraq and spent almost a year convincing my wife and mother that it was a little less then what the media produced.  Yea it was crappy, Im not gonna lie, but the media did sugar coat alot.  So for the folks that served in conflicts or wars before me, Thank you for your service, and if anybody on here is serving now, Ive been there, and thank you for serving.

mikelhsr1982 mikelhsr1982   IP Logged
dasch
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #24 - 05/26/10 at 00:28:03

Tiefighter, I will gladly take that stetement back. They have done nothing really to advertise it, but they were there with you. And it's not only in US media. I'm in Europe, and they don't show up in news here either!
You can't avoid it Earlytimz, I live in Bosnia Herzegovina, in eastern europe. And yes, 90% of non-consumable stuff here comes from China. Only food, vehicles and some clothing comes from other places.
Man, I still have a pair of adidas shoes with "made in Germany" on them...

IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #25 - 05/26/10 at 04:39:09

How many troops did our favorite ally Israel send. Or are they just in charge of our money.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
earlytimz

Savage model 417

(4 speed, 17mm)

BG, KY
Reply #26 - 05/26/10 at 07:59:09

Wow, Tfp! That's some good stuff!
Thanks for sharing & helping to make everyone aware! I had no idea...

Mike, Thank you for your service!! I agree with you about the media. They always spin the facts to suit their agenda. Not to mention they tell the enemy about troop locations and give out information that maybe needs to be kept secret. I guess that's just the world we live in now-a-days... It's sad.

dasch, I dunno why man, but I thought you were in California for some reason. Didn't mean to insult you!! LoL
For what it's worth, the town I live in is a refugee city for Bosnians. We have a large Bosnian community here.
I bet you've seen your fair share of war & violence. Thanks for your input man, I always enjoy it.
Oh yeah, Hang on to those Adidas!!

Bill, that is a valid question... I know during Desert Storm, the US requested Israel to stay home. Not sure why, probably because of the tension between them and the rest of the middle east that already exists.

IP Logged
dasch
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #27 - 05/26/10 at 08:13:29

I wish I was in California, hahahahaha.
So, how are my homies holding in Kentucky?? Do they behave? They probably don't... Wink

IP Logged
earlytimz

Savage model 417

(4 speed, 17mm)

BG, KY
Reply #28 - 05/26/10 at 09:01:10

Hey man, Cali is overrated!! Who really likes sunshine and 75* weather all year round anyways??? LoL

I've never had any problems around here. I must admit, some of my favorite restaurants & cafes are Bosnian owned. You must eat like a king over there!

IP Logged
crabpainter

Look Twice Save A
Life    

Kentucky
Reply #29 - 05/26/10 at 13:10:30

Hey Dasch!
This part of KY ain't behaving a bit but it sure is beautiful here. The Native Americans knew what a magical place this area was/is.

I'd love to see some photos of your adventures over there. I'm trying to pass on a global consciousness to my 15 year old. She's probably one of the few high school sophomores who can discuss the current Korean peninsula issue with a modicum of accuracy.

Is there anything I can send ya from the Bluegrass State?
How 'bout an Ale-8?
A staple if you're from the Winchester area...

Interested in pre 70's British bikes or Hodaka's.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/19/24 at 03:07:14

General CategoryThe Cafe › Dramtic Missile and Ordinance Pics:

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.