Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Re: New puppy
Reply #15 - 05/24/10 at 09:37:32

Skid Mark wrote on 05/24/10 at 09:24:22:
Good to hear things are working out!!!
Our latest pup is crated whenever we go out. If we didn't we would not have a house left. She's a chewer and nothing is safe. She goes into the crate without any fuss, and if she's upset over something or someone, its her refuge. We've kept her in it all day (she has a water bowl in it and is let outside before) with no issues. If you do the crate thing right from the start, the dog accepts it and actually seems to prefer being in the crate.

I've heard that about crates too.  Roscoe actually loved his.  Would sleep in it, even after I stopped locking him in.  I went home at lunch because I was so concerned from this morning.  He hadn't "pottied" in the crate at all.  He was extremely happy to see me when I came in, and he went outside and peed, ate a little, ran around a little, in and out, and I finally put him back in the crate.  He whined a little, but I think he was ok.  Its closer to where the other dogs hang out during the day, so I think he seemed happier there.  I think he will be fine, at least until I can determine if he will destroy the house, once he's able to be free.  Chewers...  Dudley has some wickedly sharp little front teeth.  I've given him several toys, and have only caught him chewing one sock, and the puppy-pad otherwise, so hopefully he won't destroy anything.  Oh, crap, he also chewed/scratched about an inch tall, all the way across the bottom of my bedroom door yesterday... that was the main reason for the crate.  Now I have a door to fix up.

Oh, and Roscoe actually seemed happy when I let Dudley out.   Grin  Smiley  Grin

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/19/24 at 03:06:27

General CategoryThe Cafe › New puppy

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.