Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 12
Send Topic Print
Drill baby drill! Lake Palin growing by the minute (Read 1988 times)
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: Drill baby drill! Lake Palin growing by the mi
Reply #15 - 05/03/10 at 19:17:48

The most comforting thing I ve heard in a long time

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
mick
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Hell-bound

Dayton Oregon
Reply #16 - 05/03/10 at 20:15:00

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 05/03/10 at 19:17:48:
The most comforting thing I ve heard in a long time

I would like to know how that gives you comfort ?

Science and Logic fly you to the moon,
Religion makes you fly into skyscrapers
mickrowe37   IP Logged
Reelthing
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Fish or ride that is
the question

Houston,Tx
Reply #17 - 05/03/10 at 20:38:12

Seems a nefarious action wasn't involved - either a procedure wasn't
followed, or a bit of equipment failed, or sh!t happens sometime and
the earth just snuck in a bigger gas bubble than could be handled.

IP Logged
Starlifter
Serious Thumper

It only snows seven
months of the year
here.

Eastern Michigan
Reply #18 - 05/09/10 at 16:03:49

BP Plan B? -- Golf Balls, Shredded Tires.
Bp’s plan B? A “Junk Shot.” U.S. Coast Guard Admiral Thad Allen explained today on CBS’s Face the Nation.

“They are actually going to take a bunch of debris — some shredded up tires, golf balls and things like that — and under very high pressure shoot it into the preventer itself and see if they can clog it up to stop the leak.”

What luminary genius thought of that?

sortta like the "stopping gully erosion on the old Kentucky homestead" move.

"Let's put the Model A and some old mattresses in there and see if that slows 'er down!"  Roll Eyes 

Proud to be everything the right-wing hates.
  IP Logged
mick
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Hell-bound

Dayton Oregon
Reply #19 - 05/09/10 at 20:30:47

Starlifter wrote on 05/09/10 at 16:03:49:
BP Plan B? -- Golf Balls, Shredded Tires.
Bp’s plan B? A “Junk Shot.” U.S. Coast Guard Admiral Thad Allen explained today on CBS’s Face the Nation.

“They are actually going to take a bunch of debris — some shredded up tires, golf balls and things like that — and under very high pressure shoot it into the preventer itself and see if they can clog it up to stop the leak.”

What luminary genius thought of that?

sortta like the "stopping gully erosion on the old Kentucky homestead" move.

"Let's put the Model A and some old mattresses in there and see if that slows 'er down!"  Roll Eyes 

I guess with the golf balls it will be like getting a few million hole in ones,I wonder what kind of putter they will use ? And who will be the perfect candidate for putting all those balls into a hole ? Oh sh1t I was going to say Tiger Woods ,but I don't think he does black holes.

mickrowe37   IP Logged
Starlifter
Serious Thumper

It only snows seven
months of the year
here.

Eastern Michigan
Reply #20 - 05/09/10 at 20:31:17

A BP insider, providing information to OpEdNEws.com, reports that scientists and engineers, fearing the worst, have envisioned a worst case scenario,

"It could very well be that the entire Gulf and the East coast of Florida could become dead zones, with no aquatic life at all."

BP is not just the oil company with the worst safety record in America. It is also a criminal company, currently on criminal probation, with numerous other offenses as well. Any human with this kind of record would be jailed.
Part of the reason this situation now exists is because BP secured a release from being required to use back-up acoustic coupler shut-off valves from thingy Cheney and the Bush administration, in 2003, when Cheney held secret meetings with energy executives-- the one the Supreme Court protected the secrecy of.

IP Logged
mick
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Hell-bound

Dayton Oregon
Reply #21 - 05/09/10 at 20:54:29

perhaps we should use D1ck Cheney,George Bush,and BP execs, and Halliburton execs, to plug the hole ?

mickrowe37   IP Logged
Starlifter
Serious Thumper

It only snows seven
months of the year
here.

Eastern Michigan
Reply #22 - 05/09/10 at 22:00:47

Yeah, and add Rush Sarah and Glenn in the pipe.

But then there are enough toxins in the water already. Send Joe the plumber down there with a pony tank?

IP Logged
Starlifter
Serious Thumper

It only snows seven
months of the year
here.

Eastern Michigan
Reply #23 - 05/10/10 at 18:00:00

I can't believe there is not more being said about this environmental disaster.

Oil leak is 5 times greater than reported by officials
Source: Pensacola News Journal

The amount of oil gushing from BP's Deepwater Horizon oil disaster is five times more than what the oil company and the U.S. Coast Guard are currently estimating, said a Florida State University oceanography professor on Saturday.

At an oil spill environmental forum at the Hilton Pensacola Beach Gulf Front, Ian MacDonald said the blowout is gushing 25,000 barrels a day.

The Coast Guard and BP estimate 5,000 barrels a day of crude is spewing into the Gulf.

MacDonald said his estimate is based on satellite images and government maps forecasting the slick's trajectory.

Read more: http://www.pnj.com/article/20100510/NEWS01/5100314

I don't think we will ever know how much is actually spilling. It is so far down and they are putting so many dispersing chemicals out.

The dispersants are making it look better than it is, and it LOOKS BAD. The chemicals are sinking the oil so that what we see on the surface could (I don't know) but could be the tip of the iceburg. And do we know what effects those chemicals are going to have on our environment?

And nobody in the media wants to mention the true possibilities of this disaster.

Nothing to worry about folkes, move along, nothing to see here.

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #24 - 05/10/10 at 18:04:52

Starlifter wrote on 05/09/10 at 16:03:49:

It's the "Put a cork in it," plan... Huh...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
JohnBoy
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #25 - 05/10/10 at 19:32:00

[quote author=504F494E53546555655D4F43083A0 link=1272816081/0#2 date=1272831160]Jerry Eichenberger wrote on 05/02/10 at 13:07:47:
Lifter, my Friend -

BP's CEO has already publicly announced the company's intent to pay compensation to all those whose interests had been harmed by the spill.  So your statement that they won't/don't want to pay is in error......

The Miami Herald reoprted a meeting between FL Senator Bill Nelson and BP chief Tony Hayward dated May 4th

Bill Nelson -- who is pushing legislation that could put BP on the hook for $10 billion in damages -- said BP's chief "dodged" the question of whether it's going to be liable for economic damages beyond the current $75 million max -- which the company expects to exceed.

"When I pressed him, 'Was he going to be liable for the economic damages, he said it will be something we determine in the future," Nelson said of BP chief Tony Hayward.

Yhis is starting to sound like EXXON all over again.

IP Logged
mick
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Hell-bound

Dayton Oregon
Reply #26 - 05/10/10 at 22:20:27

[quote author=7F5A5D5B775A4C350 link=1272816081/15#25 date=1273545120]justin_o_guy2 wrote on 05/02/10 at 13:12:40:
Jerry Eichenberger wrote on 05/02/10 at 13:07:47:
Lifter, my Friend -

BP's CEO has already publicly announced the company's intent to pay compensation to all those whose interests had been harmed by the spill.  So your statement that they won't/don't want to pay is in error......

The Miami Herald reoprted a meeting between FL Senator Bill Nelson and BP chief Tony Hayward dated May 4th

Bill Nelson -- who is pushing legislation that could put BP on the hook for $10 billion in damages -- said BP's chief "dodged" the question of whether it's going to be liable for economic damages beyond the current $75 million max -- which the company expects to exceed.

"When I pressed him, 'Was he going to be liable for the economic damages, he said it will be something we determine in the future," Nelson said of BP chief Tony Hayward.

Yhis is starting to sound like EXXON all over again.

you guys keep forgetting Halliburton ,they are the guys that built the bloody thing, Halliburton execs including D1ck Cheney, GW Bush,
BP execs should all be hanged until dead, Thats how they do it in China, perhaps we can learn something from them.

mickrowe37   IP Logged
Starlifter
Serious Thumper

It only snows seven
months of the year
here.

Eastern Michigan
Reply #27 - 05/11/10 at 09:24:39

WASHINGTON —  May 11 2010 Top executives from Haliburton (involved in the Deepwater Horizon oil rig disaster) will face a barrage of questions on Tuesday from angry senators eager to make it clear they intend to hold someone responsible for a blowout that killed 11 and continues to spew 210,000 gallons of oil each day into the Gulf of Mexico.

Yes, folks, Halliburton is mixed up in this. They are the primary culprit that their flaws in the cementing process caused this disaster.

IP Logged
BurnPgh
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #28 - 05/11/10 at 10:46:42

wait...first it was 5 thousand barrels, then 25 thousand, now its 210 thousand? Since it keeps changing Im willing to bet its actually abou a million barrels a day gushing out. If thats the case its already surpassed the exxon valdez and 3 more months of that before they get a releif well? Id say thats about it for the gulf.

IP Logged
Jerry Eichenberger
Serious Thumper

2006 S40.  OEM
windshield, saddle
bags, Sportster

Columbus, Ohio
Reply #29 - 05/11/10 at 10:52:37

My question is rather simple:

Realizing that no human endeavor will ever be totally accident free (why do most of us wear helemts and a good number wear ATGATT), what is the alternative to deep water drilling for the foreseeable future?

Sure, we should learn from this one and do everything possible to reduce the accident rate, but I presume most of use know that the accident rate in everything we do will never be zero.

Jerry Eichenberger
Columbus, Ohio
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 12
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/19/24 at 02:33:56

General CategoryThe Cafe › Drill baby drill! Lake Palin growing by the minute

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.