Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
they're not that much faster! (Read 819 times)
babbalou
Serious Thumper

Lewisville, Texas
Re: they're not that much faster!
Reply #45 - 04/17/10 at 18:10:48

LostArtist wrote on 04/15/10 at 09:43:48:
if they made the TU into a 650, that'd be a sweet bike!!!  Cheesy

oh, and I used dry numbers too

I'd buy a TU650 in a heartbeat! That would be one cool ride.

Had an S40 Jul '04-Jan '07
WWW   IP Logged
einheit13

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #46 - 04/17/10 at 22:08:35

LANCER wrote on 04/17/10 at 02:41:16:
how about a 280 lb 700 Savage pushing 55-60 hp...  a friend has a dyno in his shop and is ready to run the numbers; we shall see if the time and $$ has been worth it very soon.

Thats what I'm talikg about. I'm thinking about getting one of these for myself. I can get an '01 for $1500 with 578m on the clock. It rides around on the back of an RV. The guy just got one of those Chinese scooters to replace it. Looks good, runs good. Just needs tires-dry rot cracks.

How different are these from the Brit single design. I had a couple BSA singles. I sold the last one I had a couple years ago (reluctantly) to pay some med bills. Hot TT profile cam, flipped head, bored and sleeved cylinder, stroked it to 791ccs. And got it to run rather well on an old Mikuni-Solex! Out did any Amal set up, S&S, or a CV for max power. Had to wishbone the down tube on the sock frame to clear the set up.
i have yet to look at any S40/Savage manual, but can a head flip be achieved on one?? Or will they respond to 'old way' tuning (I hate the word old school )

IP Logged
cornfuzed

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

grinnin from coast to coast
Reply #47 - 04/19/10 at 06:57:13

dont care if it is much faster, have a yamaha royal star (V4 verry powerful) w/detuned vmax motor slapped into it and the s40... the royalstar can smoke down the highways with gusto an is suuper comfy.. just not as fun to me as my s40   Shocked and i dont have to sync 4 carbs almost every week like i do the royal star...  but for 2up riding id get slapped by the back seat driver riding the royal like it can be ridden  Cheesy

"The Finest battle implement ever devised." Ung the Caveman on the M1 Pointy Stick
2008 S40
1996 Royal Star
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 20:38:59

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › they're not that much faster!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.