Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 115 116 117 118 119 120
Send Topic Print
Scavenger Hunt anyone? (Read 25883 times)
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Re: Scavenger Hunt anyone?
Reply #1740 - 12/30/19 at 21:03:02

I've got a new rear tire for this one , so the old one needs to wear out before spring plus it was an interstate ride today ... .  Smiley

RussleCave2.jpg

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
youzguyz
Serious Thumper

San Antonio, Texas
Reply #1741 - 12/31/19 at 13:28:25

I was getting ready to bust your chops for "no motorcycle in the picture", but .. you did it!!
Was that first picture showing an original cave inhabitant?  Looks about old enough...  Wink

So.. what now MM?

2002 - Silver (Thumper)
2000 - Green (Mad Hamish)
Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut between the seat and the handlebars. Make sure yours isn't too tight or too loose.
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #1742 - 12/31/19 at 15:50:16

Yea , I started to take the Savage --- but the days are so short and so is the window of warm in the middle of the day .    So for a 200 mile loop I brought a more interstate friendly machine this time.

I'd like to see :  

A  "GIANT CHICKEN"  or if a Dino Size CHICKEN is not available then a "FAKE GIANT CHICKEN" would be OK , long as there is your Motorcycle in the picture !  Grin

« Last Edit: 12/31/19 at 16:52:26 by MMRanch »  

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
youzguyz
Serious Thumper

San Antonio, Texas
Reply #1743 - 01/04/20 at 16:05:03

Hey MM.. aren't you suppose to show a picture of what you are telling everyone else to look for??

I mean.. it has to exist.. right?

No really sure by what you mean by "GIANT".  Anything larger than a normal size chicken?

I have no idea if this chicken is GIANT enough!!!  Undecided

However, you really need to zoom in on the sign.  Never heard them referred to in that manner before..  Roll Eyes

nuggets.jpg

2002 - Silver (Thumper)
Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut between the seat and the handlebars. Make sure yours isn't too tight or too loose.
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #1744 - 01/04/20 at 16:44:21

"That's a Big chicken" - Woody Allen

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #1745 - 01/04/20 at 21:35:27

Sorry BOT , YouzGuyz has a bike in his picture so if he claims it then its his choice next ...  Smiley

Yea , YouzGuyz  That's a Giant Chicken !   and
There's one of your Baby's with it !   Cool

Barn Yard Eggs For Sale !   Grin  Chicken Butt Nuggets !   Grin Grin

I hadn't thought about needing a picture of what I was looking for .  
But , I'm glad we woke this thread up , I enjoyed my ride to the cave last week !

So , what should we look for next ?  Huh

youzguyz
Serious Thumper

San Antonio, Texas
Reply #1746 - 01/05/20 at 08:20:20

I STILL think you should cough up a GIANT chicken (figuratively speaking, of course)..  Shouldn't get away with that..  

I would like to see something that is the largest something in some geographical area, and documented as such.   Doesn't have to be anything spectacular.  
Do I have a picture?  Sort of.
https://goo.gl/maps/DYqyt7TBnjD1rZU27
That is a google map street view of the largest live oak tree in Blanco county.   If you zoom in on the sign, you can see it IS documented.  Roll Eyes
And, I was there yesterday on my hunt for the GIANT chicken, but didn't get a picture with my bike.

Go forth, and search out the largest something of somewhere so we can all be amazed.  Cheesy

2002 - Silver (Thumper)
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #1747 - 01/06/20 at 17:30:58

OK , I understand I've BAD !   Embarrassed   or at least didn't think to give a primer ?

So , here is the primer that was missing :

GiantChicken.jpg

MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #1748 - 01/06/20 at 17:45:14

Ok , Now

I went for a ride to find : something that is the largest something in some geographical area, and documented as such

and  so this is what I found :  

https://tnstateparks.com/parks/fall-creek-falls#directions

Tallest waterfall east of the Rockies !   256 feet - not quite a football field ?   Smiley

I got a bunch of pictures but only know how to post one at a time so here goes.  Roll Eyes

FallSign2mp.jpg

MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #1749 - 01/06/20 at 18:00:48

There is an Over-Look with a guard rail but its hard to see just how long the drop is unless your looking up from the bottom .    There is a trail going to the bottom and I've walked it before --- when I was younger and didn't get out of breath so quick.   Even for a young man it took me 30 minutes to walk to the bottom and an hour to get back to the top.   In the summer the water spray is near ice cold so on weekends folks pick-nick at the bottom a lot.  
« Last Edit: 01/19/20 at 14:11:25 by MMRanch »  

Falls_2Narrow.jpg

MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #1750 - 01/06/20 at 18:18:12

I got a few more pictures on the way in .   Its a big park , 20 minute drive through it if ya don't take the side trails.

FallsGate_2mp.jpg

MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #1751 - 01/06/20 at 18:32:16

That Gorge referred to in the third paragraph is more of a hike than it looks like and it looks like a really big Gorge !

Gorge.jpg

youzguyz
Serious Thumper

San Antonio, Texas
Reply #1752 - 01/07/20 at 00:25:55

MM.. looks like a winner to me!   Very pretty place.  

If I win again you can bet I won't make it so darn easy.   Angry Grin

What next?  Cool

2002 - Silver (Thumper)
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Re: Scavenger Hunt anyone?high
Reply #1753 - 01/07/20 at 08:16:26

If I win again you can bet I won't make it so darn easy.  

Ha !  Grin

That wasn't so darn EASY my friend !!! I thought for days then even after I had the idea about what to do , it was still a 200 mile ride there and back !   The January temps were 30F to 48F so I got out the heated gear for that one too.  You might be confusing "easy" with "always looking for a ride" ?  Smiley
However
I do enjoy "Just taking a ride"   Smiley  Any excuse is better than No excuse ya know !   Roll Eyes

While I was out ridding about I came across a Tribute to the "Great American Indian" .   I believe whoever painted this one must held them is as high regard as I do .    The detail involved makes me say that.
As I understand it :
The American Indian men Fished / Hunted / Trapped (PLAYED) for a living and the American Indian women (Bless their Hearts) did the Real Work !   I have nothing but Respect for the bunch of Men who were able to pull that off .   Cool    And they Looked good doing it too !!!
If only our ancestors could of had the  good sense to emulate the wisdom of  those men , then I would't have such a hard time finding time to "Just go for a Ride" .  

So , Show me a Tribute to the "Great American Indian" !   Don't have to be statue but still a Tribute .  

GreatIndianA.jpg

MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #1754 - 01/19/20 at 14:18:21

Hay fellers

It almost been two weeks ?   Am I the only one who has any reverence for the American Indian ?  Huh

Do I need to pick something else ?

Pages: 1 ... 115 116 117 118 119 120
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/26/24 at 08:40:34

General CategoryThe Cafe › Scavenger Hunt anyone?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.