Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 ... 25
Send Topic Print
here is my savage, kinda (Read 14275 times)
Truckinduc

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: here is my savage, kinda
Reply #240 - 05/27/10 at 04:49:16

babyhog wrote on 05/26/10 at 05:52:18:
Truckinduc wrote on 05/25/10 at 20:20:24:
so what to you guys think? Its almost done and id like some opinions please.

So can I be one of the "guys"?  LOL

When I first started watching this thread, I thought holy cow!  Will it ever actually run?  Will it be SAFE on the road?  Is it gonna fall apart a mile from home?  But while watching this progress, and seeing your talent, I guess you have everything under control.

My favorite pieces are the fork brace and the seat (I hope the exhaust doesn't burn your a$$!)  I am personally not into that particular looking bike, so I won't criticize.  But I will say, if I saw it riding down the road, I would think someone just pulled it out of a junkyard.  I really don't intend that in a cruel way, I'm just honestly telling you what my personal perception would be if I saw it.  I would never think twice about all the time, labor, and love that went into making it.  BUT, this will definitely make me look at each and every bike I see in a different light.  I commend your skill and dedication!  And thank you for sharing it all!   (Oh, and I kinda like the blue on the headlight too!)    

Oh -- two questions....  do you have a name for it, and are you gonna put anything (graphics/paint/...) on the tank?  

Thank you. I wanted it to look old and used while maintaining up to date performance.

I do not have a name for it, other than Fred Savage, thats what a friend calls it.

I plan on hand painting something on the tank, but im not sure what yet.

IP Logged
Truckinduc

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #241 - 05/27/10 at 04:50:40

verslagen1 wrote on 05/26/10 at 22:14:31:
Not that it looks bad there, but you got a lot of room for a battery box in front of the swingarm for it.

Im currently building a battery thats about 1/4 the size of that one. It will be mounted above the tranny in the stock location or behind it in the swingarm.

IP Logged
mikelhsr1982

Who turned up the
heat

WV
Reply #242 - 05/27/10 at 07:18:07

Looks kind of a military theme bike.  I wanted to do mine in a military theme and put some WW2 pinups on the tank.  But to each his own. Still looking good though.  Keep up the good work.

mikelhsr1982 mikelhsr1982   IP Logged
Truckinduc

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #243 - 05/27/10 at 21:50:05

got some miles on it today. Having some carb issues but the thing handles AMAZING!!!

IP Logged
dasch
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #244 - 05/28/10 at 00:51:05

Grin

IP Logged
Sax Man
YaBB Newbies

Straight ahead and
strive for tone!

Reply #245 - 05/28/10 at 07:33:38

Fred's lookin' pretty mean to me.  I really like the rear brake treatment.  Don't think I'd like the exhaust that close though.  
I agree with BurnPgh and dasch - with your ability you could have a good business doing custom work.  Great job.....keep on truckinducin.

IP Logged
Truckinduc

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #246 - 05/28/10 at 11:51:42

riding up a mountain in the rain with a slick in the front is interesting. Especially when a little gas gets on the rear tire.

IP Logged
dr1445

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #247 - 05/29/10 at 04:03:17

you might want to try some length with the carb intake track/air filter. try using the stock rubber intake boot with the cone filter. if that mikuni tm40 is from a harley the ap jet will be way to large, you need around a #40, i think the harley used a #70. procycle has the ap jets if they are off back order.

IP Logged
kimchris1
Serious Thumper

Pink Posse Rider...

Belfair, Washington
Reply #248 - 05/29/10 at 05:39:52

Truckingduc, like Piglet I feel honored to be one of the guys...hahah..

That said, your creation is amazing. I am impressed with what you have done with parts, tools, time and a  great imagination.
You should be proud of yourself.

It maynot be a particular bike I would build or ride however, that is again what makes us all unique.

We come here to share as well as gather knowledge. You have shown myself your talent to again take some materials as well as a vision of a bike and thru all that this is a bike that has been transformed.
Great work and awww could "transformer" become a potential name?  Wink

IP Logged
Truckinduc

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #249 - 05/29/10 at 18:21:30

dr1445 wrote on 05/29/10 at 04:03:17:
you might want to try some length with the carb intake track/air filter. try using the stock rubber intake boot with the cone filter. if that mikuni tm40 is from a harley the ap jet will be way to large, you need around a #40, i think the harley used a #70. procycle has the ap jets if they are off back order.

well the carb is too small to fit in the stock rubber boot, and I had to adjust the angle for clearance.  

Im going to re made the aluminum boot as the one on it now was a prototype.  

Ive got a 155 main in now and im getting smooth linear power though-out out the rpm range. Im going to set the accelerator pump next.

Got some dyno time next week, we will see how it goes.

thanks for the advice.

IP Logged
Truckinduc

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #250 - 05/29/10 at 18:22:03

kimchris1 wrote on 05/29/10 at 05:39:52:
Truckingduc, like Piglet I feel honored to be one of the guys...hahah..

That said, your creation is amazing. I am impressed with what you have done with parts, tools, time and a  great imagination.
You should be proud of yourself.

It maynot be a particular bike I would build or ride however, that is again what makes us all unique.

We come here to share as well as gather knowledge. You have shown myself your talent to again take some materials as well as a vision of a bike and thru all that this is a bike that has been transformed.
Great work and awww could "transformer" become a potential name?  Wink

thank you thank you thank you.

hmm Transformer...

IP Logged
Truckinduc

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #251 - 05/29/10 at 18:22:17

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #252 - 05/30/10 at 08:17:14

What carb are you using?

WWW   IP Logged
dr1445

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #253 - 05/30/10 at 09:07:19

that is correct on the boot dia., when i set a tm40 up on the neighbors savage i used a step ring i had from my suzuki dr650 project. i seem to recall 142.5mj, 15pilot, a 40 ap nozzle jet with the needle on the 3rd slot down. this was on a stock bike.
edit: the ap delay can be set at the top of the rod with a Popsicle stick or .100". this is a good starting point and worked for me both on the dr and the savage but no dyno here.

IP Logged
Truckinduc

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #254 - 05/30/10 at 10:51:31

weighed the bike the other day. 152 lbs front, 145 lbs rear. WITH 1.5 gallons of fuel. I like that weight bias.

so with a half tank of fuel Ive got a 297 lb bike. I weigh 150 with full gear and backpack.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 ... 25
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 12:20:09

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › here is my savage, kinda

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.