Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print
Exhaust doesn't line up (Read 661 times)
tomtaz1975
YaBB Newbies

Let's Ride!

Milwaukee, WI
Re: Exhaust doesn't line up
Reply #60 - 05/27/09 at 15:41:41

Since I just wrestled with installing a new muffler and ran across this exact issue, I'll toss in my experience.  I bought a long megaphone muffler because I wanted somewhat of an old-style look.  That is before I realized the stock muffler angles 5-10 degrees from the header pipe.  The new muffler, if straight, would have ended up through the swing-arm and next to the brake control.

What I did was add a small section of automotive flexible muffler pipe between the header pipe (You can buy this at any auto store in multiple I.D.'s for about $8/ 2 feet) and the "slip-on".  This allowed me to angle the muffler any which way I wanted so I could mate it to the rear.  Then I sealed it to the header pipe with a small wrapping of muffler repair tape, which you have to run about 30 minutes to cure it rock hard.  I didn't seal it to the slip-on because it is enough of a press-fit that it isn't leaking and still allows me to remove it in two pieces.  

This is an "ugly" fix, but I was going to add performance exhaust wrap anyways...which I did, and that covers it all up so no one can tell what I did underneath.

2001, Yellow, Dunstall Megaphone Long, 155 Main, 55 Pilot, no spacer, K&N Filter.
  IP Logged
savagedml

Paid Alliance
Membership (07/09)

Portsmouth, VA
Re: Exhaust doesn't line up
Reply #61 - 05/27/09 at 20:10:20

Here's the link to a pick (not the best) of my sink tailpiece muffler-uglies hider

http://www.bikepics.com/pictures/1665822/

Paid Alliance Membership (07/09)
"Let's roll!"
WWW funluvncareertech   IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/14/24 at 17:20:47

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Exhaust doesn't line up

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!