Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
new led problems (Read 116 times)
il67bp

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

new led problems
05/04/09 at 15:21:31

just got rear leds in red i tried hooing them up and have problems. how can i tell if i need a load equalizer or not? where can i get one?and theres three wires. one red one white and another tats just a wire. im guessing thats the ground. when i hook them up they just stay on when either signal is on . please help

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Re: new led problems
Reply #1 - 05/04/09 at 17:01:20

You apparently bought dual intensity LEDs.... They are wired for the front, where you have running/blinkers... but red lights in the front are illegal...
They'll still work on the back... Just hook up the ground and the brighter of the two hot wires, to the blinker feed...
Constant on?..... you may have tapped your tailight's running light, instead of the blinker wire...
You'll find that the lights blink very rapidly,... if it bothers you, you'll need either a load resistor our an electronic flasher module... Electronic flasher module is cheaper,.. you can buy them at auto part stores for $10 bucks...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
odvelasc
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 05/04/09 at 17:12:54

I believe our savages are 2 wire rear lights, however you can hook up 3 wires lights. I would think that if you hook up whichever one is the blinker wire and ground the other two to the fender you should be ok. I used my friends light tester ( I know its called something else lol but I forget). Which ever wire makes the bulb on the tester blink is the blinker lol. The only thing with this set up is that your rear blinkers wont light up when you brake. No biggie you have a tail light.

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #3 - 05/04/09 at 17:19:22

Did you hoo' them up one at a time or both at once?

if you cross wired them, they won't work right.

the wires are color coded left and right.

one wire should be ground the others are hi and lo

WWW   IP Logged
Rocco
Serious Thumper

addicted 2 riding
TcB

south florida
Reply #4 - 05/05/09 at 09:51:32

do the turn signals stay on the whole time usually? is this called running lights and then when u hit the blinker they blink? or do they come on when u switch to blinker only?

cuz mine stay on but i wasn't sure if they should or not.....that's b4 the fuse keeps blowing lol

mine are just reg turn signals, hence y i'm mad i'm having trouble!

'95 bobber rat...i guess it's a "bat bike" haha flat black mostly, bare metal tank, header wrap, always a work in progress !
  IP Logged
il67bp

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #5 - 05/05/09 at 10:18:57

om m experience with the stock signals, if either the front or back bulb is burnt out on one side the bulb on the same side that works will not blink it will just get brighter. i got my led's to blink last night but again all my signals were blinking for both left and right signal switch

IP Logged
il67bp

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #6 - 05/05/09 at 10:20:14

which is the flasher wire? im not sure why im having so many complications. the first time i had different one i had no problems

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #7 - 05/05/09 at 12:02:16

Rocco wrote on 05/05/09 at 09:51:32:
do the turn signals stay on the whole time usually? is this called running lights and then when u hit the blinker they blink? or do they come on when u switch to blinker only?

cuz mine stay on but i wasn't sure if they should or not.....that's b4 the fuse keeps blowing lol

mine are just reg turn signals, hence y i'm mad i'm having trouble!

The front are dual element, running and turn.
Rear are single just turn.

WWW   IP Logged
Savage_Amusement
Serious Thumper

On this steel horse
I ride.

Omaha, NE
Reply #8 - 05/05/09 at 13:52:59

There is a wire that is REALLY close that you can tap into get running/turn or even extra brake/turn. Either can tap from brake light if you still have it in the stock area or there is a wire for the running lights that comes out of the ignition switch, I tapped into that one and ran longer wire for a future mod I am going to do.

2K5, 1975 Sportster tank, blacked out motor, K&N cone, Much more to come later!!
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
06/26/24 at 08:30:39

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › new led problems

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.